Skullgirls

Honestly, I don't see this game being worth 1200 points, more like 800.

I think $15 is a fair price, considering it's made from scratch and mainstream fighting games go for $40-60.

In terms of animation, Reverge Labs is giving the mainstream sprite-based fighting games a run for their money. The animation is drawn by hand, with each character averaging at 1300 frames. Compare that to Street Fighter 3 at 1000 frames per character.

Let's not all forget that there are plans for post-release support. It is aimed at being a tourney-grade fighter; expect patches to address any balance issues and bugs.

The only downside is the small roster, with 8 playable characters. Two more are planned as early DLC, but the cost is unknown right now.

Last edited:
every thing u need to know about skullgirls is here, wiki.shoryuken.com/skullgirls -----there are 2 extra skullgirls characters we are getting as early dlc.squiggly and umbrella 2-3 weeks after launch. but i just found out that they are working on a bunch of characters to include in the game, there's going to be like 10 male characters, one of the males is leducc he looks f*cking awesome a bit like mega-man. there will be over 40 characters after all the dlc, theres 15 on this site that are preety much done so check them out!!. i really like feng, venus seems preety cool too she has space bending abilities. this game will have a very useful training room tha has visible hit boxes that changes colors accoding to their properties.

It's unknown whether or not the 14 other characters will actually be playable characters or simply secondary characters that are thrown in the background. That being said, I hope Big Band will make it as a playable character.

Honestly, I don't see this game being worth 1200 points, more like 800.

imo this game is worth $60. Getting it for $15 is truly a blessing. This game has more soul then any of the main stream titles that came out in the last 5 years.

every thing u need to know about skullgirls is here, wiki.shoryuken.com/skullgirls -----there are 2 extra skullgirls characters we are getting as early dlc.squiggly and umbrella 2-3 weeks after launch. but i just found out that they are working on a bunch of characters to include in the game, there's going to be like 10 male characters, one of the males is leducc he looks f*cking awesome a bit like mega-man. there will be over 40 characters after all the dlc, theres 15 on this site that are preety much done so check them out!!. i really like feng, venus seems preety cool too she has space bending abilities. this game will have a very useful training room tha has visible hit boxes that changes colors accoding to their properties.

Where did you get this info? Link please. Starts with 8 characters and will have over 40 characters once dlc is all done? I wonder how much this will feel like BB.

Sounds like an april's fool joke to me. Why would they add male fighters in a game called Skullgirls? I don't see the game having more than 16 characters.

Sounds like an april's fool joke to me. Why would they add male fighters in a game called Skullgirls? I don't see the game having more than 16 characters.

Yeah...I was thinking that too, but why would he have posted it today then! April fools was yesterday! Why would they have Freddy Krueger in Mortal Kombat? Why would they have a spartan in DOA4? I think I read only 2 available dlc characters after launch. Which sounds about right.

Dude I posted the link the link on my last post, go to wiki.shoryuken.com/skullgirls. Once u get on the site. Scroll down and you will see the 2 early dlc. Scroll down a bit more and you will see 14 character names, out of those 14. 3 of them are males. Panzerfaust, leduc and big band. @ johny rook. I forgot which video I was watching but mike z said that they are planning on having 40 plus characters.

Dude I posted the link the link on my last post, go to wiki.shoryuken.com/skullgirls. Once u get on the site. Scroll down and you will see the 2 early dlc. Scroll down a bit more and you will see 14 character names, out of those 14. 3 of them are males. Panzerfaust, leduc and big band. @ johny rook. I forgot which video I was watching but mike z said that they are planning on having 40 plus characters.

There is no way in hell I'm going to believe that. Mike Z could prove it to me himself and I would still take it with a grain of salt. A game that launches with 8 characters gets 5 times the original roster through dlc? lol hahaha funny funny. Not in at least 2 years buddy.

But anyway 8 characters doesn't seem like a whole lot but I think it is because these are 8 completely new characters. New play styles, personalities, and they're in a whole new world! I'm happy with 8. Only about 1 more week left!

Get Hype!

@navi,

Now that you say that you saw it in a video, I do remember watching a video with Mike Z talking buttttt...I believe he said something that Skull girls does not need 40+ characters because each character is so unique and has their own personality instead of 7+ Ryu clones. That is not word for word but now I remember something like that a couple months ago.

Who is all getting this on 360? Feel free to add me. Beautiful video n9 btw! I have a feeling Painwheel and Pea**** will be my mains. They seem to suit my style of fighting.

@navi,

Now that you say that you saw it in a video, I do remember watching a video with Mike Z talking buttttt...I believe he said something that Skull girls does not need 40+ characters because each character is so unique and has their own personality instead of 7+ Ryu clones. That is not word for word but now I remember something like that a couple months ago.

Who is all getting this on 360? Feel free to add me. Beautiful video n9 btw! I have a feeling Painwheel and Pea**** will be my mains. They seem to suit my style of fighting.

Yup and I have been eye ballin' Painwheel and Pea**** too. But for me Ms. Fortune takes the cake she'll probably be the first character I take to the lab.

This sounds like a dumb question, but what is the final release date? I think I will pick this up after I play the trial.

This sounds like a dumb question, but what is the final release date? I think I will pick this up after I play the trial.

No dumb questions. Just dumb posters.

PSN is April 10th.
XBL is April 11th.

I wonder if this will have a lobby system or how the matchmaking works? Anyone know that question?

No dumb questions. Just dumb posters.

PSN is April 10th.
XBL is April 11th.

I wonder if this will have a lobby system or how the matchmaking works? Anyone know that question?

I have no idea. But I know they're using GGPO in a way that lets you decide if you want to lose 0-8 frames of animation. I believe all fighting games will use the in the future.

I have no idea. But I know they're using GGPO in a way that lets you decide if you want to lose 0-8 frames of animation. I believe all fighting games will use the in the future.

I thought it was only up to 5 frames of data? Either way, I love how it is 'Good Games, Peace Out'. I should be getting this day one next week so If I am not working, hit me up and we can play.

I thought it was only up to 5 frames of data? Either way, I love how it is 'Good Games, Peace Out'. I should be getting this day one next week so If I am not working, hit me up and we can play.

You might be right I was going off of what I remembered which is always a bad idea on teh inter nets. Also I'll be sure to hit you up but be warned I haven't really put time in any of the crazy combo 2D games this will be the first I actually play "play". So don't expect good competition. I'll try my best though.

BTW I updated the OP with;.........

Skullgirl xbla Achievements can be found here.

Yeah I don't know how many people of my XBL friends will get it and I have no idea about a lobby system or anything like that, but we will for sure play and practice. I just bought $60 worth of points for it today. I played a ton of BlazBlu so hopefully I adapt well. I plan on putting a lot of effort into this. I only play two fighting games at once or else I start confusing the two, just like woman.

Nice find on the achievements.

do ya play this game like mk is is it total difrend whit play like mk i mean attacks like down front circle or is it totaly difrend ithink i gona buy this it looks good