MK9 for vita gameplay.

^ There IS new stuff in the Vita version, just go look on the last page in the MK Vita thread in the MK News subforum

There is very minor new stuff, nothing special really. It wouldn't be enough to make me want to buy a Vita to get it.

"Very minor"? Lolwat? There's touchscreen controls, 150 new Challenge Tower missions (and a new reward for it), 16 new costumes, etc.

I wish I could get this but I won't because I probably won't get a Vita anytime soon

"Very minor"? Lolwat? There's touchscreen controls, 150 new Challenge Tower missions (and a new reward for it), 16 new costumes, etc.

I wish I could get this but I won't because I probably won't get a Vita anytime soon

I know that it won't happen, but I wish that NRS would make those costumes available as DLC for PSN and XBLA.
I'd buy those costumes in a heartbeat.

As I said before though, I'm not holding my breath for it.
Just wishful thinking. :-|

Last edited:

That's just gimmicky type stuff for casuals. I'd like new characters, multiple X-Ray's per character that you can choose which one you use for the fight, something like that.

Wow! To all those extra challenges and playable Shao Kahn. However, the graphics aren't as good as the console games. I really love "Test Your Balance" and I wish there was a stage like that where an opponent would be sliced vertically in half.

That's just gimmicky type stuff for casuals. I'd like new characters, multiple X-Ray's per character that you can choose which one you use for the fight, something like that.
Casuals?

Pretty sure I can appreciate stuff like Test Your Balance and new Challenge Tower missions and I'm a "hardcore" MK fan

Anyway, they probably wouldn't include really big stuff like new characters 'cause that'll only piss off the people who owned the original game. Plus, with DLC in the mix, people'll only complain the hypothetical Vita-exclusive character could've easily been released as DLC months ago

Since I'm not planning on getting the Vita, I'll let this pass. I was never a fan of the Challenge Tower anyways, which seems to be the selling point. Still, I was kinda hoping this would mean the 16 extra costumes will be released for the X360/PS3 games in the near future.

Last edited:
16 new costumes,

Now that I think of it, knowing NRS, the 16 costumes will probably go as follows:

- UMK3 Sub-Zero
- UMK3 Scorpion
- UMK3 Ermac
- UMK3 Reptile
- UMK3 Smoke
- UMK3 Noob Saibot
- UMK3 Rain
- MK II Mileena

That leaves 8 costumes for other characters.

I really hope MK Komplete Edition has the same extra stuff (except the challenges that are based only on the Vita).

Now that I think of it, knowing NRS, the 16 costumes will probably go as follows:

- UMK3 Sub-Zero
- UMK3 Scorpion
- UMK3 Ermac
- UMK3 Reptile
- UMK3 Smoke
- UMK3 Noob Saibot
- UMK3 Rain
- MK II Mileena

All of DLC characters will also have alts. So that leaves 4 costumes.

^I agree will those. But for Liu Kang, Kano and Raiden, I think they would have their MK2 or MK3 outfits and not MK1.

^I agree will those. But for Liu Kang, Kano and Raiden, I think they would have their MK2 or MK3 outfits and not MK1.

Raiden's MK9 costume is pretty much the same thing as his MKII costume.
If Raiden gets another costume for the Vita, my guess is MK1.

- UMK3 Sub-Zero
- UMK3 Scorpion
- UMK3 Ermac
- UMK3 Reptile
- UMK3 Smoke
- UMK3 Noob Saibot
- UMK3 Rain
- MK II Mileena

All of DLC characters will also have alts. So that leaves 4 costumes.

^^
Very true.
Although, I included Rain with the other 6 UMK3 ninja costumes.
I wonder if NRS would give him an alternate AND an UMK3 Klassic.