Shujinko 'The Champion' Fan Art

Flying Jinko

Been working on this Shujinko drawing for the past week, my first attempt at drawing in years and I think it came out alright. It is my favorite version of my favorite MK character, the middle age Shujinko.

Certain details include
- His armor, which he had adorned after Nightwolf's training and Soul Cleansing at Earthrealm. It slightly resembles the traditional samurai/Shogun armor.
- His warrior's medal, which is located on his chest plate. It contains three gems of cyan, magenta and Yellow in colour. The medal was created by Shujinko himself, during his journeys. It was were his ability to copy others' abilities and powers were concentrated in. This medal was featured in MK:Armageddon as a collectible relic in the konquest mode.
-He has bolts of lightning energy encircling his body, flames on his right hand and ice on his left, as a reminiscent of the various powers and abilitites he has got and is adept at.

CP-0053.jpg

Here are some of my other art, mostly fanfiction related.

Axe of Mahrus, The Earth elemental God

ScanImage02-1.jpg

King Jerrod's Halberd

ScanImage03-1.jpg

Map of Edenia

ScanImage01.jpg

What do you guys think? :)

Middle aged Shujinko was always my favorite as well, they should have just stuck with that appearance instead of making him an old man.

His legs could be longer. Generally speaking, the legs are longer than the height of the torso. I am assuming that Shujinko is average height or taller.

When drawing hands, try to break it down into bones make up the structure.
220px-Scheme_human_hand_bones-en.svg.png

Carpals make up the wrists where all the bones branch out. Metacarpals make up the palm of the hand; the metacarpal for the thumb is the most mobile, allowing a person to bend the palm of the hands. Proximal phalanges is the first visible structures that make up the fingers. The fingers have a intermediate phalanges which make the middle section of the finger, with distal phalanges to make the tip. The thumb lacks the intermediate phalanges.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
FJ does art too?
Oh my goodness he is Shujinko :-o

I thought it was pretty darn cool :)

Thanks man. :)

His legs could be longer. Generally speaking, the legs are longer than the height of the torso. I am assuming that Shujinko is average height or taller.

When drawing hands, try to break it down into bones make up the structure.
View attachment 2212

Carpals make up the wrists where all the bones branch out. Metacarpals make up the palm of the hand; the metacarpal for the thumb is the most mobile, allowing a person to bend the palm of the hands. Proximal phalanges is the first visible structures that make up the fingers. The fingers have a intermediate phalanges which make the middle section of the finger, with distal phalanges to make the tip. The thumb lacks the intermediate phalanges.

I hope this helps.

Thanks a ton! I was having so much trouble drawing the hands, this will definitely help. Looking at it now, I too feel the legs came out a bit short. Thank you once again for the tips, greatly appreciated.

Thanks a ton! I was having so much trouble drawing the hands, this will definitely help. Looking at it now, I too feel the legs came out a bit short. Thank you once again for the tips, greatly appreciated.

I can sympathize. Hands are a pain to draw due to their complex structure and the fact they can move in a wide variety of positions. I can't say I have it down to pat either. Anyways, I'm glad I could help.

SEIZURE.gif

I just shit myself out of pure ecstasy.

Looks great bro!
Aside from a few minor flaws, I'd say this a must for one of MKX Shujinko costumes!

SEIZURE.gif

I just shit myself out of pure ecstasy.

Looks great bro!
Aside from a few minor flaws, I'd say this a must for one of MKX Shujinko costumes!
Thanks bro! Lets hope he makes it to MK10 with both his middle age and a better old age costume. :p

Very nice coloring on the picture. I always liked the younger versions of Shujinko over middle age. But it doesn't really matter, the whole concept is amazing in general.

Please make more FJ!

Very nice coloring on the picture. I always liked the younger versions of Shujinko over middle age. But it doesn't really matter, the whole concept is amazing in general.

Please make more FJ!
Thanks man! I think Ill try to draw and color Kai next. Also if any of you have any ideas regarding his costume and other details, do let me know and I will try and incorporate it. :)

For now should I try his MK4 or MKA costume?

I'm thing of using his elder attire and his middle aged to around 30-40 years old look. I'm doing Kai too and his alternate is gonna be like his MK4 special outfit with a special tweak.