Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46

Thread: Guest Characters

  1. #21
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,730
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ

    Re: Guest Characters

    You guys are really missing the point of this thread.
    OP is asking what you think of guest characters, not who you want.
    There are enough of those garbage threads.


    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Overlord View Post
    Forcing guest characters down people's throat isn't exactly considerate of NRS, either

    Again, we are the minority.
    Most wanted Kratos.


    Its like going to a Chinese restaurant and ing at the waiter for handing you some fortune cookies with your bill.

  2. #22
    Emperor of Outworld Metal Overlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,952

    Re: Guest Characters

    Fortune cookies =/= Guest characters

    You can always give yo fortune cookie away if you don't want it, the same cannot be applied to guest characters

    And was Kratos really all that wanted, anyway? I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who didn't mind the idea of Kratos, but it's not like Sonic for Brawl where there was a shit ton of requests to put him in the game. NRS and Sony just sorta put him in and people for the most part were like, "Oh, cool"

  3. #23
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,730
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ

    Re: Guest Characters

    The same can be applied.

    Most people don't mind fortune cookies.
    Most people don't mind guest characters.

    It isn't being forced down your throat.
    Kratos isn't on the main menu, there aren't huge arrows pointing to him on the select screen and fireworks don't display when you select him.

  4. #24
    Elder God Tarkatan Trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Up Daisy Ridley's skirt
    Age
    36
    Posts
    10,148
    PSN
    Romo2Witten1983

    Re: Guest Characters

    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Overlord View Post
    Fortune cookies =/= Guest characters

    You can always give yo fortune cookie away if you don't want it, the same cannot be applied to guest characters

    And was Kratos really all that wanted, anyway? I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who didn't mind the idea of Kratos, but it's not like Sonic for Brawl where there was a shit ton of requests to put him in the game. NRS and Sony just sorta put him in and people for the most part were like, "Oh, cool"
    If you ask me, I have reason to believe that Kratos was included due to contractual obligations between WB and Sony. I believe WB cited contractual obligations to Sony when they did not add an exclusive for the 360 port, which leads me to believe that WB was under contract with Sony to include Kratos.

  5. #25
    Emperor of Outworld Metal Overlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,952

    Re: Guest Characters

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Interesting, I never knew that was the reason we never got a 360 exclusive character



    That's a pretty extreme way to prove your point, Low

    Look, all I'm trying to say is, people were promised a return back to the series roots, and most of us were already jaded by MK vs DC in all of its crossover glory. WHY, with that in mind... would you turn around a put in a guest character when the focus is supposed to be bringing the series back to what it was like when it first took off? Last time I checked, Kratos wasn't even a character back during those days

  6. #26
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,730
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ

    Re: Guest Characters

    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Overlord View Post
    That's a pretty extreme way to prove your point, Low
    Most peeps weren't even pissed about the crossover, they were just mad about the lack of violence.
    So WB thought "Why not put arguably the most brutal man in video games into the new MK?"



    Yeah I was one of those "MK Purists"
    But after seeing Freddy in MK, I realized that they do not give 2 s about what we think.
    So there is no reason to stress over it.


    You need to remember that Mortal Kombat's biggest audience has always been, and always will be little kids.
    Little kids do not care about gameplay or realism or purity or any of that shit.
    They just get raging semi's every time they see a character they like in another game they like.



    And to be completely honest, I buy almost every single game with Venom in it.





    Also thats an excellent theory Trash.
    Thats what I always thought was going on.

  7. #27
    Shaolin Monk n9195v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,324
    Xbox Live
    n9195v
    Steam
    n9195v

    Re: Guest Characters

    I know people who bought MK9 because of Freddy and Kratos. I'm a huge fan boy of many things if a character from one of those things are in a game I have extra incentive to go and buy it. Guest characters are bound to increase sales hence your game franchise will get more money!

    A true fan of any game would want it to be successful so there can be more of that said series than you should welcome guest characters with open arm.

    For example I went out of my way for this game back in the day.
    Last edited by n9195v; 01-27-2012 at 07:46 PM.

  8. #28
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,730
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ

    Re: Guest Characters

    Quote Originally Posted by n9195v View Post
    A true fan of any game would not only like a series but wants it to be successful so there can be more of that said series than you should welcome guest characters with open arm.
    Bout to hypocrite it up a bit


    Some fans feel there is no reason to support their favorite series if their favorite series is turning into something they despise.

  9. #29
    Shaolin Monk n9195v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,324
    Xbox Live
    n9195v
    Steam
    n9195v

    Re: Guest Characters

    Quote Originally Posted by back,back,back,low punch View Post
    Bout to hypocrite it up a bit


    Some fans feel there is no reason to support their favorite series if their favorite series is turning into something they despise.
    But thats only the hard core crowd it's not the majority. I'm sure they gained more form it then they lost.

    also i don't think Cole McGrath from Infamous should be in MK10 because he's already in sfxt MK10's guest characters should be characters that haven't had cameos in a while.

  10. #30
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,730
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ

    Re: Guest Characters

    If the rumors are true, and NRS IS doing KI3, then the guest character will be Fulgore.
    Doesn't matter if KI3 comes before or after MKX.
    Fulgore will either be a plug/hype machine for the game(if MKX comes first), or he will be a reference to the game(If KI3 comes first).

    IF there is a guest at all.

  11. #31
    Emperor of Outworld Nasty_Freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    By the Hourglass.
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,737
    PSN
    Boss_C_Goddess

    Re: Guest Characters

    Quote Originally Posted by AMES32 View Post
    NF thats skarlet but with less skin tight red and black leather
    Actually, Skarlet nor Nitara have nothing on this girl. Bloodrayne is like Sonya, Kira, Nitara, and even Skarlet blended into one person.

    You'll believe God is a woman.

  12. #32
    God of War Fanboy AMES32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rome
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,754
    Twitter
    @_Ames32_
    PSN
    Ames32
    Steam
    ames32

    Re: Guest Characters

    if she wears short shorts she can be what eva you want. J/K I'm not that superficial

  13. #33
    Elder God Tarkatan Trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Up Daisy Ridley's skirt
    Age
    36
    Posts
    10,148
    PSN
    Romo2Witten1983

    Re: Guest Characters

    Quote Originally Posted by back,back,back,low punch View Post
    If the rumors are true, and NRS IS doing KI3, then the guest character will be Fulgore.
    Doesn't matter if KI3 comes before or after MKX.
    Fulgore will either be a plug/hype machine for the game(if MKX comes first), or he will be a reference to the game(If KI3 comes first).

    IF there is a guest at all.
    Unless there's some behind-the-scenes negotiating going on that I'm not aware of, then I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that the NRS KI3 rumors are 100% false for one reason and one reason only; NRS doesn't even own the rights to the KI IP, and neither does WB. As a matter of fact, that IP was originally co-owned by Nintendo and Rare (Midway never had any copyright claim to begin with), and currently sits in copyright limbo because of Microsoft's purchase of Rare, as the two companies that own the rights to it are first party companies.

  14. #34
    Tarkatan Warrior ZMONEY220's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    277
    Twitter
    @ZMONEY220
    PSN
    ZMONEY10202

    Re: Guest Characters

    when i say this im addressing everyone:

    when i first saw kratos in soul caulibur i thought "wow this is terrible, KRATOS Needs to be in MK" 2 years later my wish came true..

    the guy who said Guest characters should stay as DLC is a not a bad idea..

    as i said in previous post(s) MKvsDC was not a bad crossover. it lacked violence which turned off mk fans such as myself and all of you
    right ? the story was alright but if WB was gonna make a game like that make it a epic story like da people that wrote DC Universe online
    (i jus saw the trailer and that it was awesome)

    theres no reason to cry over kratos espically if yu dont have ps3 -_- hes a great character in his own game as well as Mortal kombat. now freddy idk.. he was a bit off key like pac man in the new street fighter but anyway.. Yes companies do put guest into games to sell more its a marketing strategy it work for MvC didnt it ?

    Now that mk has standing power.. got fighting game of the year it can do without guest characters in MK10
    when i posted this i meant like in future MKs not MK10 then Mortal kombat will be known for crossovers like Streetfighter
    do we want that ?

    me yes and no. cause i want NRS to be successful like capcom is..

    Yu guys have made it clear that MK10 should be straight up original (no guests) with a twist *Cough* Tremor *Cough*
    too many guest can destroy the fiber of the game anyway like a tv show with crossovers or the avengers movie comin out in may. it only happens once and a blue moon right ?

    my main point is i think cole mcgrath should be in MK along with kratos as a continuation from his last appearance.. like a cliff hanger or something. i dont think cole should be in SF Nathan or ratchat or maybe sweet-tooth (jk) looks better in SF.
    Kratos and Cole are the only super beings that fit mortal kombat a little better is all im saying..

  15. #35
    God of War Fanboy AMES32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rome
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,754
    Twitter
    @_Ames32_
    PSN
    Ames32
    Steam
    ames32

    Re: Guest Characters

    no kratos no mk10 for me. now don't get it twisted I love mk and it's characters but Kratos is my character of choice and always will be it's part of the fanboy montra. If I had it my way he'd remain on the roster not part of the story in anyway just on the roster as a special character unlocked in the krypt or by a dlc code. because I understand not everyone shares in my favoritism. so y'all best hope he's in or i'm going bye bye

  16. #36
    Emperor of Outworld Metal Overlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,952

    Re: Guest Characters

    MK vs DC WAS a horrible crossover, in my eyes at least. I don't even see the parallels or similarities between DC and MK, and the lack of violence only helped make it worse

    And MvC is a bad comparison 'cause that series was MADE with the intent of bringing together multiple characters from multiple universes, MK isn't designed as such as it has its own universe and canon to worry about

    I don't mind guest characters, but I felt like NRS only did it half-right with Kratos. Sure, he fits in with the whole gore thing, but he doesn't have a silly side unlike the MK characters, and also, they had to edit fatalities so that the more humiliating fatalities wouldn't look as humiliating towards Kratos as it does towards the MK characters

  17. #37
    Elder God Tarkatan Trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Up Daisy Ridley's skirt
    Age
    36
    Posts
    10,148
    PSN
    Romo2Witten1983

    Re: Guest Characters

    Guest characters are good in moderation. Too many and you get to the point where your MK roster consists of the following

    • Mario
    • Sephiroth
    • John Madden
    • Hulk Hogan
    • Master Chief
    • Sonic
    • Link
    • Robo-Cop
    • Gene Simmons
    • Scorpion
    • Sub-Zero

  18. #38
    Emperor of Outworld Nasty_Freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    By the Hourglass.
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,737
    PSN
    Boss_C_Goddess

    Re: Guest Characters

    Elektra.gif
    Elektra (Marvel)

    the_punisher_icon.jpg
    The Punisher (Marvel)

    BullseyeRomita.gif
    Bullseye (Marvel)

    250px-Manwholaughs.jpg
    Joker (DC)

    bac_catwoman_batman.jpg
    Catwoman (DC), Batman (DC),

    You'll believe God is a woman.

  19. #39
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,730
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ

    Re: Guest Characters

    Some people still don't get it.

  20. #40
    Emperor of Outworld Metal Overlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,952

    Re: Guest Characters

    What are you, a mod?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Guest Characters, who do we want?
    By Demetrius in forum Downloadable Content (DLC)
    Replies: 393
    Last Post: 10-21-2011, 10:12 AM
  2. Guest Characters or Bo Ra' Cho?
    By Demetrius in forum Mortal Kombat (2011) Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 03-27-2011, 04:42 PM
  3. More guest characters?
    By ruben-fcu in forum Mortal Kombat (2011) Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 02:38 PM
  4. Do you want to see guest characters in MK
    By whtillnvrb in forum Mortal Kombat (2011) Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-12-2010, 01:30 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •