New characters or revamped original characters?

Flying Jinko

This is something I have been thinking about for a while. Would you like completely new characters taking over the next MK game (since majority of the fan favorites are dead) or would you like post mk3 original but less popular characters such as Kai, Tanya, Reiko, Mavado etc returning but revamped?

I personally would like the latter since I feel Mk has got a good base lore/ characters to work on and revamping these characters would bring out NRS's creativity more. What do you think?

I would like some to return and others to never make another come back. for example I think everyone new from Mk4 should return. I also think Boraicho, Kenshi, and Li mei from DA should return and Shujinko and Taven since they are heroes ( and maybe Shujinko could die a true hero a hero that he has dreamed on being) Idk. I also think they should kreate new characters. So my idea of the next Mk is some returning and some new characters

They could have done 10000000000x better with Mileena and Jade..

Mileena was just a useless minion in MK9.. Fight for Kahn, get her ass beat move on to the next chapter..

Even though Jade had her own chapter, I was expecting more of a side story to it rather than saving kitana =/

They could have done 10000000000x better with Mileena and Jade..

Mileena was just a useless minion in MK9.. Fight for Kahn, get her ass beat move on to the next chapter..

Even though Jade had her own chapter, I was expecting more of a side story to it rather than saving kitana =/

Every bad guy got their ass kicked in story mode, not just Mileena, Reptile was treated far worse.

The only kharacters from the crappy 3D era I want to see return are

Reiko
Fujin
Havik
Frost
Mavado
& maybe Tanya

I never liked Bo Rai Cho, I totally agree with what this guy says about him here

If they add new kharacters, they better give them original designs, backstories and move sets.

I'd bring back Kai. Wasn't he set up to be in the same league as Liu Kang, getting Raiden's staff and everything? They could definitely do something with that. That alone could get him a spot as an important character. I mean, he has so much potential, MK10 could easily bring that all out.

Kenshi definitely deserves to be in it. But I mean on the disc, not as DLC. Like, with actual storyline importance.

I believe Shujinko would've been in the Orderrealm prison during this time. I'm thinking he could somehow escape and the Kamidogu quest could somehow be intertwined into the story. Like, some character figures out that he's being deceived and stop him, and there could be something epic done about that. I mean, I'd welcome Shujinko.

I'd welcome new characters, just as long as they're not generic. (*coughprettymuchtheentireRedDragonclancough*) Due to storyline reasons, I feel like we need some new good guys.

Oh, and one last word: Hornbuckle.

I believe Shujinko would've been in the Orderrealm prison during this time. I'm thinking he could somehow escape and the Kamidogu quest could somehow be intertwined into the story. Like, some character figures out that he's being deceived and stop him, and there could be something epic done about that. I mean, I'd welcome Shujinko.

Going by the exact timeline, Shujinko would be wandering the Netherealm by this time (cause later on he helps Scorpion find Quan Chi, which attracts Moloch and Drahmin, eventually leading Quan Chi to escape resulting in the deadly alliance). So he is not imprisoned yet, he would be in this stage, my favorite version of him.

MortalKombatDeceptionKonquestModeLoadingScreen5-1.jpg

I really hope Shujinko, Kai, Johnny Cage, Kenshi, Sonya and Fujin step up as the main heroes of the game. Also I would not like any brand new characters and I feel the 3D era characters should be developed instead.

I depends on the characters. The ones I find decent enough without a huge makeover.

1) Kai (his MK4 debut was pretty cool, but his Armageddon design is atrocious)
2) Frost
3) Fujin

The rest I don't remember enough to care.

hard to tell, because they havnt really proven themselves good at either yet.

I think their creativity got shallow after MK3, and in my opinion there were only a few good new characters added after it. But the last time they did real new characters was in Deception, so maybe they have gotten a better team by now that could make characters who would fit in better with the cast.

As for the revamping, they have done a good job re-designing the characters in MK9, but overall still kept the basic things we know about them. And would probably have to do much more radical changes to the later characters in order for them to be accepted. Which is what I'm hoping they do if they ever decide to bring them back.

So I really dont know yet. Either new or revamped, the characters could either turn out mediocre or badass because we really dont know if NRS has stepped things up from previous work as far as deep new character designs

I feel that a evil storyline would add more depth to the villains, like I said before just seeing them getting their asses kicked in the story modes shows nothing. You can't expect the casual player to pick up on the story just by knowing the main antagonist(s) in the story <_<

An example of a new character is Skarlet. She was alright, but still felt generic in many of her moves, even her concept. Yea, she was supposed to be a red kitana clone, but I expected more originality than that. Thus sometimes I feel that NRS may have run out of ideas for introducing new characters, and even if they do they would feel generic and similar to already existing characters. This is the reason why I feel its better just to develop the already existing characters of the 3D era. I think it would showcase NRS's creativity better than just bringing out a completely new character and somehow fit him/her into the story.

I also agree with iVital. The villain characters needs to be developed as well. Perhaps in the next game we could have two seperate storymodes for Heroes and Villians or perhaps a mix of the two.

I would want these characters and all others from MKT-MKA to be revamped if they will be in the next MK.
- Li Mei (Her fatalities should not involve explosion where it would make her look superhuman like in MKD. Instead, she should do fatalities that either involve her sword/weapon like in MKA but not a custom fatality and/or a fatality more similar to her MKDA fatality where she kicks through the opponent's body, making a massive hole in the middle where guts and other insides are exposed. She should replace Kitana as one of the forces of light.)
- Tanya (NO "KISS OF DEATH" FOR HER! That's Kitana's ability. If she is going to have a deep voice, it should be a feminine deep voice and not an entirely manly voice. A voice similar to Sindel's in MK9 would be brilliant. It would be nice for her to play a more protagonistic role rather than antagonistic so she can replace Jade as one of the forces of light.)
- NITARA (Wings should be more useful and they should not always be spread in her back but should be retractable and only open when needed. Protagonistic role is good but I'd love to see her play an antagonistic role that would replace Sindel. Those wings and the fact that she's a vampire make her look like a villainous boss.)
- Khameleon (She should have her own reptilean abilities with invisibility. Also, her skin shouldn't be transparent. She should appear human but when she spits acid or bites, her face should turn into a reptile and when she scratches, her fingers should turn into reptilean claws.)