"The Desert" location

boulevard

Hi everybody. I have a doubt about the location of "The Desert" arena in the new timeline. We all know that, after merging the worlds, Edenia became part of Outworld (just think of "The Wastelands"). Now, "The Desert" shows a big statue of Sindel, plus being the stage where the queen is resurrected by Quan Chi: this "should" mean that "The Desert" is part of Edenia. However, in Sheeva's bio (in MK9) we read the she died in Earthrealm many years ago in order to prevent Shao Kahn from invading it. If she died in Earthrealm then maybe "The Desert" is located there, but in this case why a statue of the Edenian Queen should be in Earthrealm?

Well what I think is Sindel's death at Earthrealm would not have gone unnoticed by the denizens of Earthrealm. Perhaps they were aware of the sacrifice she made to protect the realm and built a statue to honour her.

Thats the only logical reason I think of for why a statue of her should be there. Another way to see it is maybe the devs overlooked that aspect and included the staue to make the stage look better aesthetically and to make it a stage symbolic of Sindel.

Last edited:
That's a possible explanation and I think I'm gonna adopt it until further information. So you confirm that "The Desert" is an Earthrealm location?