Tag Team combos

"Some characters on a team can help deal more damage than others. "

The keyword here is some.

"Scorpion/Ermac do a ALOT more as a team than seperate."

I don't see how (unless under very specific situations). Scorpion damage output is not that great, but he has a vortex (which is not a single combo, actually).

Ermac can do 56% or 59% (not sure) with a midscreen x-ray combo. You are not going to get that with a Scorpion/Ermac combo unless you are at a wall and spend 3 bars of meter with tricky timing, and even if you do, you'll end up up something like 65%. Too much work for + 10%.

"Scorpion/Subzero as you see in that video above can take out two full characters life bars in one combo."

They are one of those exceptions. But in that video, most of the combos are wall combos and unpatched combos, not to mention the hard timing. You can do 52% with sub-zero using 7 hits or so + x-ray. But yeah, you can do one or two midscreen combos with Scorp/Sub that uses 2 bars and take out 56% damage.

"Subzero(or anyone that has a combo that leaves the opponent standing at a disadvantage) Teamed with noob can take a full life bar with noobs ghost ball."

That was not supposed to work, but due to a glitch, hitting an opponent with tag ghost ball and then attacking does not nullify ghost ball in the first hit, as it is supposed to do. So yeah, it works, but it is a glitch.

"Night wolf on anyone's team can unleash 80%+ with some characters because his arrows leaves them staggering and enough time to come in and deal JiP combo and if you leave them standing like noob saibot, You can get another JiP until your out of meter."

I thought those combos were patched :laugh:. Kitana could also do 80% alone with ex fans cancelling, but they toned the damage down. I though they had done it to nightwolf too. :/

"Sure you're spending meter. But all of these are double the damage of X-ray... for 3 bars."

Double the damage of X-ray? Not always... And this Nightwolf's is a specific case where a midscreen tag combo can unleash more damage than a midscreen non-tag x-ray combo.

Like I said, tag team combos are not that good. If you could have at least 10% more damage in a tag combo than a non-tag combo with the same difficulty and requirements and in many, many situations, then tag combos would be as useful as they were supposed to be. But that is not the case, unfortunately.

You shouldn't have to rely on glitches and specific arena positioning to maximize damage by 5% or so when doing a tag combo instead of a non-tag one. That's at least how I view it.

"Some characters on a team can help deal more damage than others. "

The keyword here is some.

"Scorpion/Ermac do a ALOT more as a team than seperate."

I don't see how (unless under very specific situations). Scorpion damage output is not that great, but he has a vortex (which is not a single combo, actually).

Ermac can do 56% or 59% (not sure) with a midscreen x-ray combo. You are not going to get that with a Scorpion/Ermac combo unless you are at a wall and spend 3 bars of meter with tricky timing, and even if you do, you'll end up up something like 65%. Too much work for + 10%.

"Scorpion/Subzero as you see in that video above can take out two full characters life bars in one combo."

They are one of those exceptions. But in that video, most of the combos are wall combos and unpatched combos, not to mention the hard timing. You can do 52% with sub-zero using 7 hits or so + x-ray. But yeah, you can do one or two midscreen combos with Scorp/Sub that uses 2 bars and take out 56% damage.

"Subzero(or anyone that has a combo that leaves the opponent standing at a disadvantage) Teamed with noob can take a full life bar with noobs ghost ball."

That was not supposed to work, but due to a glitch, hitting an opponent with tag ghost ball and then attacking does not nullify ghost ball in the first hit, as it is supposed to do. So yeah, it works, but it is a glitch.

"Night wolf on anyone's team can unleash 80%+ with some characters because his arrows leaves them staggering and enough time to come in and deal JiP combo and if you leave them standing like noob saibot, You can get another JiP until your out of meter."

I thought those combos were patched :laugh:. Kitana could also do 80% alone with ex fans cancelling, but they toned the damage down. I though they had done it to nightwolf too. :/

"Sure you're spending meter. But all of these are double the damage of X-ray... for 3 bars."

Double the damage of X-ray? Not always... And this Nightwolf's is a specific case where a midscreen tag combo can unleash more damage than a midscreen non-tag x-ray combo.

Like I said, tag team combos are not that good. If you could have at least 10% more damage in a tag combo than a non-tag combo with the same difficulty and requirements and in many, many situations, then tag combos would be as useful as they were supposed to be. But that is not the case, unfortunately.

You shouldn't have to rely on glitches and specific arena positioning to maximize damage by 5% or so when doing a tag combo instead of a non-tag one. That's at least how I view it.

I can end a Ermac 30% combo with a hellfire tag in to make them stand up and in hitstun. While I charge my unblockable for a reset. So double the damage off a reset.

those ones I listed are the only ones I KNOW about and I don't even really play tag.

So imagine how much more is sitting outt here that is untapped? Most people who play tag just do it like 2 1v1's instead of using the tools.

the ghostball is not a glitch is an exploit. Difference.

difficulty plays no role in high level play. I'd rather do a much harder to do combo for 8% more damage and learn to do it consistently than to settle for 8% less for a super easy combo.

Do two combos for 8% more that's 16% more damage because I do a harder combo more consistently.

and tell me how many close fights have you had that you think you could've won if you knew slightly better combos consistently? I'm sure a BUNCH.

Last edited:
Reset =/= single combo. I never said tag team lacked damage when it comes to resets. I said it lacks damage when it comes to single combos.

And you can only exploit ghostball because it is glitched = not supposed to work as it does. Understanding.

It's an exploit, not a glitch. It's the same thing with infinites and such. A glitch is like how you used to be able to freeze them in place permanently for the round, or the invisible force ball in the middle of the screen.

PS if you're going to take my idea for an avatar, you should at least make it look decent. The bottom of yours looks bad. :p

Sorry that it took me a little while to update the OP.
Had a death in the family over the weekend.

Anyways, I just updated the thread with the combos that you guys have put in, and gave credit where credit was due.
If you guys (or gals) think of any other TAG TEAM combos that haven't been yet put in, let me know and I'll update the thread, and give you credit for finding it.

Once again, the hopes of this thread is that people will once again get back into the TAG TEAM scene, and be able to help one another with tips and tricks for TAG TEAM mode.

Thanks once again,
- Araknyd_Commander ;-)

i have found an ultimate tag team!

quan chi and rain.

trance, to tag rain in, to ex damage boost... ahhhh the damage!!!

just going f1,2,trance, tag rain in, ex damage boost, 4,3,db3 ... 6 hits one bar 40%
also have a 51% 10 hits one bar, i'll post later
still finding cool shiit...
like ending rains lightning with quans tag assist telestomp, not really worth metre but it looks classy!

also you can go f1,2,L1 (high low med) to rain combo..

Reset =/= single combo. I never said tag team lacked damage when it comes to resets. I said it lacks damage when it comes to single combos.

And you can only exploit ghostball because it is glitched = not supposed to work as it does. Understanding.

If it's guaranteed is just as good as a normal combo I fail to see your point. That's just getting technical for no reason. Almost as if this is your only fall back hen you can't defend that tag team combos are worth it even if it only adds 6% more damage.

Resets may not be textbook definition of combo but If it's guaranteed it's guaranteed. And might as well be considered a combo. Ever notice combo videos of cyrax show resets? It's because the community recognizes it as one big combo and they even add the damage together when talking about it.

Your just arguing unimportant points now.

A glitch is not automatically something that isn't ment to be there otherwise cyrax's combos are a glitch when it's not.

An exploit is using mechanics of a game a finding some sort of loop hole on frames or something to find ways to abuse a move. The ghost ball is ment to do what it's ment to do for exactly how long it's ment to do it. The ghost ball is no different than the EX you do in a 1v1. It's ment to last that long. The exploit is using it while opponent is stunned to get a free hit in before they can do anything.

A glitch is something like that old cyrax kun Lao net EX hat to freeze your opponent.

Last edited:
i have found an ultimate tag team!

quan chi and rain.

trance, to tag rain in, to ex damage boost... ahhhh the damage!!!

just going f1,2,trance, tag rain in, ex damage boost, 4,3,db3 ... 6 hits one bar 40%
also have a 51% 10 hits one bar, i'll post later
still finding cool shiit...
like ending rains lightning with quans tag assist telestomp, not really worth metre but it looks classy!

also you can go f1,2,L1 (high low med) to rain combo..

Nice find, I might try that out.

Good stuff, nomad. ;-)

I have to get back into using Rain again.
He has some pretty awesome moves in this game.

I'm going to see if I can find some Nightwolf / Sub-Zero combos later.

Now that I'm on a desktop, I can give out a few tips for my Kitana/Mileena tag team:

Mileena's Splits (U+4) and Ball Roll can tag swap and Kitana Noble Lift (F+2, 1) can tag swap.
Tagging in Mileena using the Tag Special can catch opponents off guard.
Kitana's Tag Assist is only good in between combos and breaking certain pressure games.
Kitana's EX Fan Toss Dash Cancel can add extra damage to combos as long as you have meter.

Now for the tag combos:

Kitana
F+2, 1, Tag(Mileena), Ball Roll, B+1, 4, Tag Assist(Kitana), dash, 4, Neckbite (Easy BnB tag combo)

F+2, 1, NJP, dash, B+2, Air Fan Toss, dash, B+2, Air Fan Toss, Tag Special(Mileena), Air Sai Blast (Timing has to be perfect or you'll whiff the second teleport kick.)

Mileena
4, 2, Teleport Kick, Air Sai Blast, Ball Roll, Tag(Kitana), 4, Fan Toss, F+2, EX Fan Toss Dash Cancel, 4, Fan Cutter (Another tag combo that requires strict timing. You can add the EX Fan toss and 4 for extra damage at the cost of a bar)

JP, U+4, U+4, F+3, 2+1, Ball Roll, Tag(Kitana), B+2, X-Ray(Easy X-Ray Tag Combo)

B+3, Ball Roll, U+4, Tag(Kitana), B+2, Air Fan Toss, Tag Special(Mileena), Air Sai Blast (Strict timing but easy BnB tag combo)

You can mix those combos with the tag swaps. Mileena has one of the best tag swaps in the game (Ball Roll & Splits). I don't remember the number of hits and damage percentage but I will leave it up to you guys to discover that. Thanks for reading.

Cyber Sub-Zero and Cyrax

21 Hits 54%: JiP 2 1 Ice Ball. Walk backwards slightly and Tag. JiP 2 1 Net. Walk backwards slightly. JiP 2 1 Sticky Bomb, NJP, Dash, B2, 1 2 1 Anti-Air.

I wasn't allowed to add another combo video to the OP, so I'll post it here:

Liu Kang \ Shang Tsung by HOOD_FRESH

Sektor & Baraka

Start with Seksek:
1, 2, b1 b2 tag into Raka

f4 for the reset into the mixup of your choosing.