Rain again

flawless31490

I updated the previous pic of Rain I made and I changed the style a little so it could look more cleaner and I wanted to add more stuff to it and I added a background to make it look much more professional.

I only got his primary done for now but I will post his alternate which looks much better than the original pic. What do you guys think of it?

rain_primary_by_flawless31490-d4kfv4r.png

Bio:
Name: Rain
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 175 lbs
Affiliation: Formerly, Shao Kahn's Army
Realm of Origin: Edenia
Resides: Outworld
Species: Edenian
Alignment: Evil

Rain was born as the former Prince of Edenia because his family is rumored to have descended from a God who ruled over both Edenia and Earthrealm. He was known by many on Earthrealm as Zeus, Jupiter, Ammon and even Tinia, which is rumored why Rain has the ability to control the weather and summon thunder and lightning from his hands. Since this God, whose Edenian name is still a mystery to this, was ruler of Earthrealm and Edenia at the time, he created families in both realms. A great flood killed his descendants in Earthrealm but his descendants in Edenia lived to prosper very to become the original ruling family of Edenia. While Rain was Prince, there was a huge revolt in Edenia due to the fact that the Edenians were treated like humans on Earth, were treating each other. Edenia's revolutionary leader at the time, Jerrod, was crowned new King of Edenia. Rain, being in his childhood at the time, was adopted by the Edenian Army and was raised to become Edenia's greatest warrior. As he grew up, he became highly skilled and he soon rose through their ranks. As his reputation grew, his arrogance and ****iness, also grew. As an Edenian adult, Edenia was being invaded by Outworld. It was during this time, a group was formed for the protection of Edenia since Outworld slaughtered the Edenian Army. It was called the Edenian Resistance and Rain joined them to help protect Edenia. At this time, he demanded leadership of the resistance but was refused. This inferiorated him and he betrayed his former comrades and helped Outworld defeat Edenia. As a result, Edenia merged with Outworld and Rain rewarded the title, Prince of Outworld. Later on, Rain was engaged to former Princess of Outworld, Kitana, but he had broke off the engagement because he had developed a crush on Kitana's bodyguard, Jade, who always rejected him because she felt he was not worthy of a man for her because she always can defeat him in a battle. For this, Rain was stripped of his title of Prince and was sent to become the Guard of the prison cells under the Emperor of Outworld's Colosseum, where he met a mysterious short dark skinned woman, dressed in yellow and black attire. He learned about her and she learned about him and she told him to escape with her to the Netherrealm, a realm that is the depiction of Hell from Earthrealm. The two escaped and was never seen again. It is rumored they both share a strong loving relationship now. Outworlders once worshipped Rain as a God since he can control the weather in Outworld and since he was once Prince of Outworld. Many women had sex with him since he was the Prince and he is extremely handsome and many sacrificed so many lives and things to him. After the fall of Outworld, his home realm Edenia was restored and he became a prisoner of war for his betrayal to the realm millenias ago and sided with the Netherrealm and later on, the Forces of Dark, to gain power to rule the realms.

Rain is from Edenia. Even though he originated in Edenia, he has an appearance of a Caucasian looking human, a feature that is extremely rare in Edenia. He has human like features and body structures, hair and eyes like humans, stand upright, have two arms that have two hands with five fingers on each hand and two legs that have two feet and five toes on each foot. His body resembles that of a human male, but since he is an Edenian, his body has higher tolerance to extremely cold and hot weather, his skin is very smooth and soft but cutting it would be difficult, he has a high tolerance for pain, have very strong bones, can never get sick because Edenians have an immune system that can attack any diesease. His skin color would resemble the skin color of a Caucasian human male. His facial structure resembles that of a Caucasian human male. He also has average sized lips. He has a nose that resembles a Caucasian male. He is very handsome. He has a medium height, standing at 5' 9" since Edenians are short people and he has a regular body build.

His skills in combat would be very diverse consisting of many different fighting styles from Edenia and later on, Outworld. He is highly skilled, but to the Edenians, he was not fit enough to be a leader of the Edenian Resistance but to Outworld was very skilled but called the Prince of Outworld. Since he was once the Prince of Outworld, he was worshipped as a God in Outworld. He has attacks that uses Godlike power he obtained from birth and the use magic he learned from Edenia and later on Outworld. Since he is related to the Greek God, Zeus, he has the ability to control the weather. He has attacks like a water bubble that once it connects with it's opponents, he can control the bubble to bring his victim to him, a very powerful roundhouse kick in which he kicks his opponent so hard that the amount of air they make when flying through the air opens an invisible one second portal in which they go through and opening another portal similar in front of him and they exit in front of him, water attacks to stun his opponents, he also manipulates water to help him teleport or punch or kick his opponents, the ability to shoot lightning bolts and use water to help him restore his health when he is injured. He can also manipulate weather to help him in his battles against his opponents.

In contrast to being a highly skilled warrior and assassin, Rain has an intellect that is average. He is known to be very arrogant and extremely ruthless. Rain is also known to have some narcissistic attributes along with some very stuck up and he is pretty ****y and very confident because of his handsome looks. He also has a very flamboyant personality in where he looks at people who are beautiful as perfect. In other words, he is extremely shallow. He is very ruthless to all who he feels is a threat to him and wouldn't ever think twice about killing those who he calls enemies.

Design Description:
For the hairstyle, I thought of giving him a light brown emo styled hairstyle that would match well with his handsome prince like face and skin color and his eyes.

To start off, he sports a black turban hood with a silver and golden plate on top of his forehead with a light blue gem encased in the middle, screwed by four silver screws to give him an Arabic Prince appearance. He has light blue eyes because it makes him look more handsome. He has a pale skin tone because I wanted to make him look like an actual handsome prince. I also gave him a purple veil covering his mouth to help him stand out from other ninjas and make him look like a royal Prince who is an assassin.

For the upper body area, I gave him the upper part of a black gown and that covers his whole torso with gold and silver linings by the wrists. He wears golden armor on his chest with golden should pads with a purple ninja garb that has golden linings and is silver on the top. It is a huge homage to his UMK3 design with some Arabian look. I gave him a black cape with gold lining which is a homage to a cape he had in MKA, for him to look more like a Prince. He has a gold ring on his ring finger, a gold ring and a silver ring on his middle finger and a silver ring on his index finger. He also has purple fingernails because purple is his favorite color.

His lower body has a black belt that is connected to purple thigh armor with gold linings and brown ropes with gold to tie the ropes holding the armor together. I gave him black pants while sporting a purple loincloth with a gold and silver lining. He also have purple knee pads with some gold linings and light blue gems encased in the middle. He also sports purple shin guards with gold linings on both legs on top of white socks and black cloths on both of his feet with gold and silver designs on the tips of his feet, a nod to his MK 2011 design.

Last edited:
Thank you very much! I wanted to make his personality and bio more specific and explain why is he the former Prince of Edenia and him being related to the original Edenian Royal Family having a bloodline that can be traced back to the Greek God, Zeus, who is known in other ancient civilizations with different names. I think I read up on ancient gods and aliens and stuff because that stuff is crazy.

I love your art style. It would fit well with a cartoon series on MK. I also like Rain's costume, I love how you used his cape from MKA, it gives me a royal feel, Great Job. :)

Thanks man! Good thing you noticed that because almost no one when redesigning Rain, puts the cape on to give him a more "Regal" appearance.

You have good art but the only thing I don't like is that you make all of them look like kids, lol. You should make them look older.

No one would take MK seriously if they were kids.

You have good art but the only thing I don't like is that you make all of them look like kids, lol. You should make them look older.

Yea, Jade's right almost like a cartoon aimed at kids.

+1. he looks good indeed but looking older is probably the best way to go

Thanks a lot guys! I appreciate the advice but I'm trying to approach an anime style and most animes have characters that appears very young. When you guys see characters like Kano, Shao Kahn, Baraka, Sindel, Ashrah, Jax, Hsu Hao, Onaga, Quan Chi and they won't look like kids.

Oh damn you doing other characters?
Hell yeah :boink:

Hell yeah! I'm gonna do every playable MK character from MK1-MK 2011 and a few spin offs like Tremor, Kia, Jatakka and Hydro. It will be a hard task to get done but I will be able to accomplish it! I'm not doing Hornbuckle until he becomes a real character because I want his design, actual official name and style to be close to how he is in future MK games if he ever makes it in the games.

I got the alternate finally done right here. Quick question, which one looks better the primary or the alternate?

rain_alternate_by_flawless31490-d4lmzd2.png

Design Description:
For the hairstyle, I thought of giving him a light brown emo styled hairstyle that would match well with his handsome prince like face and skin color and his eyes.

To start off, he sports a golden tiara on top of his forehead with a light blue gem encased in the middle to give him a prince-like appearance. He has light blue eyes because it makes him look more handsome. He has a pale skin tone because I wanted to make him look like an actual handsome prince. I also gave him a gold choker with a purple gem in the middle of it. I also gave him gold earrings with purple gems on them.

For the upper body area, I gave him a purple ninja garb. It is a homage to his UMK3 design. He has gold and silver gauntlets on his forearms and black fingerless gloves. He also has a gold band made of real gold on his left arm. He also has two golden necklaces and a silver necklace with a purple gem connected by golden pendants. He has a gold ring on his ring finger, a gold ring and a silver ring on his middle finger and a silver ring on his index finger. He also has purple fingernails because purple is his favorite color.

His lower body has a purple sash. I gave him black pants with gold linings on the sides while sporting a purple loincloth. He also sports white socks with gold linings on the sides and black cloths on both of his feet with gold plates on the tips of his feet.

Hey guys, I did some different palettes for both his primary and alternate. Which ones are your favorite?

Primary Palettes
rain_primary_palettes_by_flawless31490-d4m47u7.png

Alternate Palettes
rain_alternate_palettes_by_flawless31490-d4m48qz.png