current unbalanced fighters/over/under powered

AriesSiren

after the patches, what fighters do you think need tweaking for balance? there is alot in my opinion that needs some serious tweaking
Cyrax: still has infinite/trap reset, and just way overpowered, no xray 55-60% damage
ermac-too powerful needs range shortened
raiden- teleport needs to be more punishable
reptile-more punishable dashes, dude is just way too fast, like someone turned the turbo on.
sub zero- why they made his freeze stun even longer is just beyond me. other than that hes balanced.
Jade- they made her up3 blockable from crouch. awful decision yet noob gets his tackle shadow thing unblockable from crouch. okay...... they seem to nerf the girls way more than the men
kung- i dont think his spin attack should knock you up. it should just kick you back, not a pop up.
cyber sub- god this guy just is ridiculous. his drop kick is way too forgiving, needs to be punishable, his freeze needs to have less recovery you can barely touch this guy.
those are my issues. it seems like netherrealm doesnt want to touch these fighters because they know they are the popular ones, but it sux for us who use other balanced fighters.

Sub would have a hard time doing any damage against projectile happy opponents without his freeze being the way it currently is, he's perfectly fine.

Jax is the only character that seems to be Broken Tier at the moment, and perhaps Raiden's teleport could use a bit more adjusting, aside from that, the game is fine.

MAYBE tweak some of Cyrax's resets so they dont lead to 60% damage(This is not needed, but it would be a legitimate nerf). Other than that no more patches. People need to learn to adapt instead of crying for nerfs/buffs.

after the patches, what fighters do you think need tweaking for balance? there is alot in my opinion that needs some serious tweaking
Cyrax: still has infinite/trap reset, and just way overpowered, no xray 55-60% damage
ermac-too powerful needs range shortened
raiden- teleport needs to be more punishable
reptile-more punishable dashes, dude is just way too fast, like someone turned the turbo on.
sub zero- why they made his freeze stun even longer is just beyond me. other than that hes balanced.
Jade- they made her up3 blockable from crouch. awful decision yet noob gets his tackle shadow thing unblockable from crouch. okay...... they seem to nerf the girls way more than the men
kung- i dont think his spin attack should knock you up. it should just kick you back, not a pop up.
cyber sub- god this guy just is ridiculous. his drop kick is way too forgiving, needs to be punishable, his freeze needs to have less recovery you can barely touch this guy.
those are my issues. it seems like netherrealm doesnt want to touch these fighters because they know they are the popular ones, but it sux for us who use other balanced fighters.

This post has so much misinformation I am just going to break it down. First of all, Online play should NEVER be the basis of any patches

Cyrax- His resets are a legitimate reason to ask for a nerf. However you just need to avoid the net, it isnt that difficult. Finding a way to take out his resets without really hurting his moves would be best.

Ermac- What are you talking about? Ermac is mid tier at best. If you play in his range, of course he will be difficult. Dash block in, get close, and start going to work on him. He doesnt have many things to get out of pressure except low pokes and B2.

Raiden- If you predict the teleport you can punish it with at least a low poke. You know how Raiden has not even won a major yet? That is because online makes him way harder to play against. If someone keeps trying to teleport grab you, duck the next time they teleport. Start figuring out ways to beat him.

Reptile- His dash is -14 on block lol. It is super punishable offline, punsihable by the entire cast. Yeah it is hard to punish online, reality's calling to say EVERYTHING is hard to punish on a crappy onlineXD His dash was already nerfed, if you cannot deal that is your fault.

Sub Zero- Ice ball is super slow anyway, if you get hit by that it is your fault. That is still completely balanced.

Jade- I wouldnt mind her getting some buffs, but she still isnt terrible. Have to work hard with her though.

Kung lao- It is still super punishable when blocked, if it hits you that is your fault. With all of Kung's nerfs he really isnt even OP now.

Cyber sub- Divekick is punishable by the entire cast. Either get a better connection or a better reaction time. Or just block, that will work too.

And for the love of god please stop with this scrubby "It isnt fair cuz I play balanced characters" mentality. I play Baraka who is C tier at best. I never complain about anything in this game, I simply look for new tech or ways around it. For instance Kabal used to be one of my worst matchups, and today a Baraka player found out that EX dash will not beat chop chop, which makes the matchup a whole lot easier.

Most majors have a very diverse top 8. This game is super balanced compared to other FGs. Please stop complaining and actually try to find a way around stuff.

Last edited:
When Critical_Limit sees this, especially about Ermac, I'm sure he'll laugh his ass off.

And you have GOT to be kidding me about Cyber Sub.. both versions of dive kicks are punishable.
Cyber Sub is OP? You MUST be shrooming, I'm sorry but I don't know what to tell you.. Flagg will back me up, we're both CSZ players.
It's your skill level, if there's a CSZ out there kicking your ass, it's because you can't read his wake-ups or he is just way too good/you suck.

The only person who I would say is OP is Jax, but that's just barely because I recognize his weak midscreen combo potential.

Weak midscreen combo?

Bish please :cool:

CSZ is now way OP in anyway, most (Except for TaBB and Flagg) are pretty damn predictable online. No offense skilled CSZ players :)

Yes! Finaly someone understands :D

Sektors Mix-ups fuxk me over, Leg lift cancels and shizz are God like :(

Same thing you gotta do with Mileena, just stand block :)
Leg lift (U3) will almost always lead into Teleport Uppercut, which is all stopped by a standing block.
Mileena and Sektor don't have low attacking specials, so if you don't turtle and punish when necessary, you'll come out on top.
Mileena's scenario is usually like this for me.
(all me standing block) teleport kick, sais, and a sweep to break my block.
Now Im put it the scenario to crouch block, where Mileena will use a U4, ball roll, njp, 1,2, neck bite.
So, if I block high after the sweep, I'm out of that scenario and can use a wakeup or something to break that combo.

True Yung, there both have some tools, but overall I believe they are the most balanced because of their weaknesses opposed to their mix ups.

Same thing you gotta do with Mileena, just stand block :)
Leg lift (U3) will almost always lead into Teleport Uppercut, which is all stopped by a standing block.
Mileena and Sektor don't have low attacking specials, so if you don't turtle and punish when necessary, you'll come out on top.
Mileena's scenario is usually like this for me.
(all me standing block) teleport kick, sais, and a sweep to break my block.
Now Im put it the scenario to crouch block, where Mileena will use a U4, ball roll, njp, 1,2, neck bite.
So, if I block high after the sweep, I'm out of that scenario and can use a wakeup or something to break that combo.

True Yung, there both have some tools, but overall I believe they are the most balanced because of their weaknesses opposed to their mix ups.

My set up is somewhat similar, instead of sweeping I Jip B+3(Low starter) Into my 28% BnB. Its like I fear Mirror matches but I know how to win them :L

I agree with Zoid, If everyone were nerfed and plain the game would get boring and lame after a while. I like facing a Kabal who iAf the whole game, the more you play, the more you learn about the match up.

http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?15876-Jax-s-F413-String-vs-Low-hitbox

You all should read that^^^ There is NO overpowered character in this game, not even Cyrax. Next time you find a matchup that frustrates you OP, go into practice and try new stuff out. Or ask the guy who beat you for a rematch, and keep playing. I faced BookBurning's Rain about 20 games and won once. Now with Baraka I know 100X more about the matchup and rarely lose to a Rain.

Saying your character is balanced(which =/= underpowered, which you are trying to say) and others are not is a cop out on your part not to get better.

if you guys think cyrax or ermac aren't over powered you are smoking some serious weed. you shouldnt be able to do that much damage with no xray involved. period

Ermac isnt overpowered. He is C tier, just because YOU cant fight against him doesnt mean he is OP. Cyrax could use a small nerf, but you just have to be more patient with fighting him. If you want to play underrated characters, stop *****ing and keep at it. Otherwise pick one of these "OP" characters in your mind and play with them, so we dont have to hear you complain about mid tier characters like Ermac.

Ermac's teleport punch is extremely punishable and he doesn't even have a quick overhead attack. All you have to do is block low and wait for him to make the first move.

if you guys think cyrax or ermac aren't over powered you are smoking some serious weed. you shouldnt be able to do that much damage with no xray involved. period

Cyrax I can understand, But ermac? All you have to do is stay in his face, Block low, If your in close enough the force push will wiff, and wait for him to make mistakes and punish with a your BnB.