current unbalanced fighters/over/under powered

Any Sindel users in here? Just curious

I play with her from time to time. I'm far from good. Actually, I think I suck with Sindel. :laugh:

I firstly zone the hell out of my enemy, then they start getting close and I try to do that 40% bnb combo: JIP, B3, 2, Scream, JIP, B3, 2, 3, 1, Hair Whip.

And I wake up using her Cartwheel-thing almost always.

Now excuse my ignorance but whenever I see a Sindel player online I automatically think they're gonna zone me. I have not (so far) fought a good Sindel

I use her zoning to bait my opponent into coming closer.If I don't zone people, they often stay at the back of the scenario zoning me themselves. Or jumping around like a roach and lot letting me start the combos. I'd say zoning with Sindel is simply one of the most useful strategies she has.

Yeah I still use Sindel occasionally. In fact if im getting too pissed off with a SZ player, I bust her out because he still struggles against her even with his armoured ex slide. He cannot play that ice clone shit with her, not when she can comfortably sit across the other side and just zone him out, plus she has a low projectile to stop him sliding. This means HE has to rush her down, HE has to potentially use a bar. I mean if he ex slides, you block, you can just 44U3>>air fireball. This punishes him for something like 24% AND knocks him back to the other side of the screen.

Sindel in so far as a pure zoner is still one of the best. She struggles in some departments, like it is hard to get people off when you're being pressured. She doesn't have good AA's like others and she doesn't have an armour move.

That said, even though she is a zoner, she still has decent close combat game and some nice mixups.

Im not sure if some characters should adhere to a certain play style. I play this game quite aggressively, so even with Sindel I liked rushing down. Some people might say "you should just use her to zone", and I can see why this can be applied to some characters. For instance, you dont pick Cage or Baraka and then play the zoning game. But that shouldn't mean you cant zone with them.

For instance, Baraka and Cage are far superior to her up close, but she is superior to them in zoning. But i'd argue that because her close combat is decent, it's not a bad idea to rush down with her sometimes, where as no one expects a Baraka or a Cage to zone (as it would not be a great thing to do), so from that perspective, it could be argued that she is a more versatile character then those two.

Sindel is capable of good damage.

Jp, B3F2, scream, jp, B3F2, D4>>Hair grab.... 41%. 40% if you opt for her cartwheel instead of hair toss. Not bad for someone for a midscreen meterless combo, huh?

I find X Rays "almost" a waste in this game. Some characters have good scaling damage X Rays like CSZ or NW...but others its a waste. SIndels X Ray does 28 or 29%. However TWO low Ex fireballs do 30% combined and knock down (15% each on hit). For some reason, her low Ex fireballs do 15% damage, where as her standing Ex fireballs do 13% of damage.

Yeah I still use Sindel occasionally. In fact if im getting too pissed off with a SZ player, I bust her out because he still struggles against her even with his armoured ex slide. He cannot play that ice clone shit with her, not when she can comfortably sit across the other side and just zone him out, plus she has a low projectile to stop him sliding. This means HE has to rush her down, HE has to potentially use a bar. I mean if he ex slides, you block, you can just 44U3>>air fireball. This punishes him for something like 24% AND knocks him back to the other side of the screen.

Sindel in so far as a pure zoner is still one of the best. She struggles in some departments, like it is hard to get people off when you're being pressured. She doesn't have good AA's like others and she doesn't have an armour move.

That said, even though she is a zoner, she still has decent close combat game and some nice mixups.

Im not sure if some characters should adhere to a certain play style. I play this game quite aggressively, so even with Sindel I liked rushing down. Some people might say "you should just use her to zone", and I can see why this can be applied to some characters. For instance, you dont pick Cage or Baraka and then play the zoning game. But that shouldn't mean you cant zone with them.

For instance, Baraka and Cage are far superior to her up close, but she is superior to them in zoning. But i'd argue that because her close combat is decent, it's not a bad idea to rush down with her sometimes, where as no one expects a Baraka or a Cage to zone (as it would not be a great thing to do), so from that perspective, it could be argued that she is a more versatile character then those two.

Sindel is capable of good damage.

Jp, B3F2, scream, jp, B3F2, D4>>Hair grab.... 41%. 40% if you opt for her cartwheel instead of hair toss. Not bad for someone for a midscreen meterless combo, huh?

I find X Rays "almost" a waste in this game. Some characters have good scaling damage X Rays like CSZ or NW...but others its a waste. SIndels X Ray does 28 or 29%. However TWO low Ex fireballs do 30% combined and knock down (15% each on hit).

I know you know this but I'm sorta gonna back you up.

Just because someone has a better rushdown doesn't mean you can't apply up close pressure ever.

I play upclose with cage all the time when I'm Ermac. If I'm on the offensive then he HAS to be on the defensive.

It's not like it's simple My rush down value is 47! Cages is 89! I better not ever get close!

If you're pressuring them then, they obviously aren't applying their rushdown tactics. So if you feel comfortable you can keep them guessing with their defense, then it's alright to approach even if your opponent is better at rush down. Just don't let him get advantage and start the train back on you. Because it's gonna be harder to get the momentum back once he gets it, because he has better tools to sustain his pressure momentum.

I see a lot of Barakas online that just throw blade sparks across the screen all day. If you jump, they try to hit you with blade charge and then fall back to toss more sparks. And that is annoying.

Also, I use x-rays with everyone when I can and when it doesn't put my game at risk. That's because of that damn mastery trophy... 150 x-rays with EACH character...

I know you know this but I'm sorta gonna back you up.

Just because someone has a better rushdown doesn't mean you can't apply up close pressure ever.

I play upclose with cage all the time when I'm Ermac. If I'm on the offensive then he HAS to be on the defensive.

It's not like it's simple My rush down value is 47! Cages is 89! I better not ever get close!

If you're pressuring them then, they obviously aren't applying their rushdown tactics. So if you feel comfortable you can keep them guessing with their defense, then it's alright to approach even if your opponent is better at rush down. Just don't let him get advantage and start the train back on you. Because it's gonna be harder to get the momentum back once he gets it, because he has better tools to sustain his pressure momentum.

Yeah, it's why Baraka vs Cage is one of my favourite matches. I think most Cages go into the match thinking "im just going to pressure this guy". I play quite differently when I play against Cage with Baraka. Im much more patient, I space better, I even bait better, and once im in, it's pressure city. Of course, Cage up close is better than Baraka. But he has other advantages. A lot of Cages specials are punishable on block. A lot of Barakas are safe on block. I kinda wish I applied this mindset to a lot of my games as im impatient and it's what costs me games. Going into the Cage match im instantly aware of my limitations and work around it.

I fear the Ermac player that rushes more than the one that hides.

I see a lot of Barakas online that just throw blade sparks across the screen all day. If you jump, they try to hit you with blade charge and then fall back to toss more sparks. And that is annoying.

Also, I use x-rays with everyone when I can and when it doesn't put my game at risk. That's because of that damn mastery trophy... 150 x-rays with EACH character...

Spark has horrible recovery, that strategy should not beat you.

Sorry misread that. Those Baraka users are not good Baraka's then, I will sometimes zone with spark but ytou should never base your whole game off of it.

I play Sindel too and my zoning is my main strategy. You have high, low, air, air low fireballs. Levi cancel fireballs, jip fireballs, b2 fireballs, why would you not use all of thatXD Once I get them in close I send a couple low fireballs, make them block low then hit them with a step up. I also like to use d1 step up or d4 step up a lot as well.

I dont really rely on Sindel combos though. My BnB is either 4,4 B2,1 step up or B3,F2 Yell B3,F2 1,1,1 fireball. Come to think of it I never really rely on midscreen combos, even as Baraka :/.

I never rely on combos with Mileena. Its like why risk 1/3 of your life just for something you can see when you punish a mistake by your opponent and its guaranteed damage if you don't drop it of course.

I always rely on combos with every single character I use. I hate when I can't land a combo no matter what I do. I also hate to lose to Johnny Cages who simply don't do combos at all and drain all of my life with throws and blocking damage hits.

I always rely on combos with every single character I use. I hate when I can't land a combo no matter what I do. I also hate to lose to Johnny Cages who simply don't do combos at all and drain all of my life with throws and blocking damage hits.

Never rely on combos bro, there just a tool to winning. I have the same exact problem with cage and yea most of cages damage comes from chip. his frametraps force you to take the chip damage allowing him to build meter faster.

you can't rely on combos with EVERY character. some characters were meant offense(combos) while others were meant for defense(no combos) . people like cage and Sonya were built for combos, while characters like noon were meant for zoning

Any chance your game relies heavily on low kicks?