really beginning to hate online

I think there should at least be a parry (not like Armageddon's 10 second parry) or something like MvC2's push block thing.

lets just get rid of the uppercut thing, it was fun 20 years ago but now I hate it

Yesterday I tried playing online again, first I had some 1 on 1 matches which were fine with just minimum input delay. Then I went to KOTH because I am only like 60 respect points away from 2500. So I figured I could finally get this trophy. In fact I have always avoided this mode because it was a laggier experience than 1 on 1 or tag. This time it was pretty good, I played in a room with 3 other players and I won 3 fights, I was near to getting the trophy when... "The game session has been desynchronized"

:( and I lost all the respect points I learnt...great

Some of you misunderstand me.

I'm not frustrated by any sort of cheapness. What I'm frustrated about are these idiots talking shit during a match or playing their music at full blast. Then I'm frustrated at spammers. Not because its cheap, but because its extremely boring and easy to defeat. Characters like Noob and Kit zone. I accept that. But then you get spammers. Zoning takes skill, spamming is braindead.

Oooo so your fustrated of the lack of skill? The lack of respect coming from other gamers I can understand, a lot.

Some of you misunderstand me.

I'm not frustrated by any sort of cheapness. What I'm frustrated about are these idiots talking shit during a match or playing their music at full blast. Then I'm frustrated at spammers. Not because its cheap, but because its extremely boring and easy to defeat. Characters like Noob and Kit zone. I accept that. But then you get spammers. Zoning takes skill, spamming is braindead.

you can't get mad at spammers man, INstead of being mad at them. Those people need help.

How about you toss them advice next time instead of getting frustrated?

You'd be surprised how many spammers I turned into friends because I gave them advice regardless of how much of a dick they were being or how much they were spamming.

One time I do F4 with Ermac like 10 times in a row for a flawless. The emailed me calling me a cheap ******. I told him to block low. He said "I tried to block the stun was too long before you could do it again"

Then I invited him toa game and showed him how to beat some shit.

And now he's a cool guy. He probably literaly thought that was some hidden infinite. He was just a newb man, and noobs need guidance. Now whether they are willing to accept advice or not is up to them.

As for trash talkers who are pretty decent at the game. I don't give them 2 seconds of my time. Instant block list.

BUt if their frustration is coming from a misunderstanding I will throw in advice.

EDIT:
Another point, if everyone keeps having this mentality that everyone is a dick online. Everyone will keep being a dick online. For instance, If said normal guy who isn't a dick, gets tea-bagged, by 20 people in a row. he's gonna probably start tea-bagging himself once he gets some wins even if it's not against the same person.

Not gonna lie I had to rematch some guys who danced around on me on Ranked, Then I beat the shit out of them when I picked Jade. I wanted to jump around stance switch and tea-bag sooooo badly back at them. But instead I just jab killed them. Then when I had to rematch them... AGAIN. I went noob saibot he barely won... and guess what? he just jab killed me. I bet he felt like a dick that he did that to me and I didn't do it back.

Last edited:
Its online gaming in general i find frustrating. Mortal Kombat honestly causes me to get so angry. I got to one level of been okay at the game, just recently ive started to suck. In regards to what you say Critical Limit about helping folk, the EU crowd on MK will NOT do this. Mostly they throw something out like "learn to loose". A term that does not sit well with me to be honest. I understand what its saying but it really makes little sense. Learning from mistakes yes but learning to loose no.

I dont get people hooping and hollering at me on PSN, i just dont think people in the UK use headsets as much. I used to rage out at folk at times because as a whole i find alot of the community who plays online to be pompus arrogant people, throwing out bizarre gaming proverbs and attempts at wisdom on messages or the chat board, or simply using ****y language. This is what annoys me, simply as i dont believe that video games should be a forum for such attitudes and opinions. Its incredibly OTT

Its online gaming in general i find frustrating. Mortal Kombat honestly causes me to get so angry. I got to one level of been okay at the game, just recently ive started to suck. In regards to what you say Critical Limit about helping folk, the EU crowd on MK will NOT do this. Mostly they throw something out like "learn to loose". A term that does not sit well with me to be honest. I understand what its saying but it really makes little sense. Learning from mistakes yes but learning to loose no.

I dont get people hooping and hollering at me on PSN, i just dont think people in the UK use headsets as much. I used to rage out at folk at times because as a whole i find alot of the community who plays online to be pompus arrogant people, throwing out bizarre gaming proverbs and attempts at wisdom on messages or the chat board, or simply using ****y language. This is what annoys me, simply as i dont believe that video games should be a forum for such attitudes and opinions. Its incredibly OTT

Someone has to start the kind train, so other people will be kind.

I preach what I say in my post to the people who were douches to me and they have tried to be Good manner'd since then.

As for someone saying "Learn to Lose"
That can be taken two ways.

1.) You complained about something, so they are just friendly giving you advice to learn how to "take a loss" Which means take a loss and learn from it.

2.) They are just being a douche and telling you to learn to lose because they expect only that much from you.

Point is, people started the D-bag train and are training more D-bags.

People need to start the kindness train to train more kindness.

I don't know what traveling is like in Europe, but I know going from England to the mainland isn't a simple drive...I think lack of tournaments causes lack of a scene. Maybe post on TYM and MKU and say you are thinking about hosting a tournament in England, cough up a little money and a place to host it and see who turns up and make friends etc and then you can start doing meet ups.

To cyrax having a 55% and reset, yesterday a cyrax did exactly that right off the start of the match and I had two punches of health left and he had full health, I came back and won the round, 2nd round I dominated him and babalitied him with jade. Just because you can do these combos doesn't guarantee you will win. He even challenged me outside of ranked and I dominated his smoke every time which is one of jade's worst match ups and dominated his cyrax again.

I don't know what traveling is like in Europe, but I know going from England to the mainland isn't a simple drive...I think lack of tournaments causes lack of a scene. Maybe post on TYM and MKU and say you are thinking about hosting a tournament in England, cough up a little money and a place to host it and see who turns up and make friends etc and then you can start doing meet ups.

To cyrax having a 55% and reset, yesterday a cyrax did exactly that right off the start of the match and I had two punches of health left and he had full health, I came back and won the round, 2nd round I dominated him and babalitied him with jade. Just because you can do these combos doesn't guarantee you will win. He even challenged me outside of ranked and I dominated his smoke every time which is one of jade's worst match ups and dominated his cyrax again.

from what EU players in smash tell me. They got Ryan Air(to get from england to mainland) which is some RIDICULOUS cheap air fair. like no joke no more than 20 bucks or something like that. I remember soemone telling me 5 dollars once.

Not sure what cyrax and smoke and you beat the hell out of them have to do with anything but good job! Glad more JAde rep is out there.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but am I the only one who despite the input lag, negative edge, and the input bug still absolutely loves playing this game online?

The key to my enjoyment could be playing tag, which I do constantly. I never play 1 vs 1 anymore. I get AMPED when I play tag.

I play tag as well. I have a offline scene of my own at a friend's house when a group of guys gamble to see who can beat me in tag team while blazing weed. So far, I only lost twice since the game came out...

Yes! There has been tons of times where I had %10 or less Health and came back on a guy with 50% Health, Anyone can pull off flashy combo's in the training mode, but if you dont know how to use the character right whats the point of even doing it online.

I play tag as well. I have a offline scene of my own at a friend's house when a group of guys gamble to see who can beat me in tag team while blazing weed. So far, I only lost twice since the game came out...

Not a gamble unless you're getting that weed wet.

Not a gamble unless you're getting that weed wet.

We don't gamble over weed. It's money involved. One guy just called me out saying he wants to beat the best in Houston and he's willing to put $300 on the line. Apparently, my classmate told him that I was the best, which will lead to our showdown in the near future.

Nice Major Logan I hope you whoop his ass.

Most moeny I've ever done in a money match was 500 dollars. and I won barely :D

but I've also lost a couple 100 dollar ones.

MOST of my money matches like 95% of them don't go over 10 bucks though.

We don't gamble over weed. It's money involved. One guy just called me out saying he wants to beat the best in Houston and he's willing to put $300 on the line. Apparently, my classmate told him that I was the best, which will lead to our showdown in the near future.

I'm saying it's not a gamble unless your smoking weed that has been dipped in embalming fluid then fighting.

I think there should at least be a parry (not like Armageddon's 10 second parry) or something like MvC2's push block thing.

totally agree. people figured out when you get knocked down, all the other player has to do is dash in and jump and your trapped. it sucks. the counter/parry in armageddon was a godsend, but too ez to pull off i agree, but it helped from people just button mashing to win. thats why i love soul cal and doa4. you have to think of other tactics if your opponent knows how to counter you. changes the game and makes it fair. cannot wait for DOA5 and SC5

totally agree. people figured out when you get knocked down, all the other player has to do is dash in and jump and your trapped. it sucks. the counter/parry in armageddon was a godsend, but too ez to pull off i agree, but it helped from people just button mashing to win. thats why i love soul cal and doa4. you have to think of other tactics if your opponent knows how to counter you. changes the game and makes it fair. cannot wait for DOA5 and SC5

You know you can roll back right? Then you have wake up attacks to stop your opponent when the jump, they can't block while in the air..

I have a few videos just showing how bad the input delay is on both PS3 and Xbox.

PS3 can be as bad as up to almost 1 second input delays.

The one thing that I rage so hardcore at is since I main Cage its so damn hard to face zoners because I have to be so damn precise over my spacing. Oh and... if you seriously jump mid screen towards me offline? Your ass would be uppercutted every damn time.