Official Fan Fiction Discussion Thread

BBBLP

Robot Rock
Mother****ing hub world for all things FanFic.

I did this for all the TRMK Writers members.
Since our group discussions don't show up, we pretty much have to guess when someone responds to our posts in there.

Also now you don't need to join the group to see the happs on current and upcoming stories :cool:
Not that you give a **** since only members of the group read eachother's :laugh:

But anyway.
When I do a short story, I enjoy using a Chillout or other instrumental.
They do wonders to help set the mood.

Here are a few of my favorite examples

Always try to stay away from songs with percussion in them.

You can

Its more of a thinktank for writers.

You can post a picture of your goddam balls if you want.
Not like anyone's going to look here :mullet:

You guys aren't Turning this into the MKHS Discussion thread.
Take your character dick riding elsewhere.

Damn. Just damn.

Anyway bbblp is right time to get serious.

So I've been thinking about this story for a real long time in my read but haven't bothered t write it. It's Mortal Kombat of course but with an anime-esque fell to it. Basically it centers around Kano's number one clone Kain as he (ironically) joins Special Forces with five other teens .

Ah.... nice thread.
Feels like love in this b1tch, we writers gotta stick together in a sense.
Anyways, the link to my story and the q&a thread are in my sig :cool:
I've been reading Flying Jinko's MK10 story today.. I've been really busy but I've gotten a few breaks in the day to read.
LOVE it so far, it seems like an official MK story.
But now for the topic at hand (or multiple, as it were), what do you guys look for when you read a story or are in the process of writing one? For me, I try to leave lots of loose ends in a story.. and start off with some strong action scene or dialogue. The loose ends are plot devices; things that seem unimportant but those will be referenced and be the jumping off points in the other two books of mine. Like, I killed off a few characters so I could *insert reason here* and they could *do these things*. Basically, I likes to add the suspense and mystery :mullet: What about you guys?

This story shall not die as long as I live lmfao

http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthre...-the-Life-of-Kurtis-Stryker?highlight=stryker

And suspense stories/movies/etc are awesome TaBB

Thank you Justin, I shall give your story a vigorous read as I stroke my member :cool:
And as far as what I do when I write, bbblp, I just crank some Aesop and have the tv on mute :mullet:
Sometimes I'll see some stuff on tv and get inspired to add that into my story, especially the news.
I saw a piece about the Vietnam war and instantly wanted to make that my Liu Kang chapter.

At TaBB's question when I'm writing a story I like to leave a loose end only to tie it to a later story.

for anyone keeping up with my story.... I'm doing absolutely nothing for christmas or new years. So I'm sure there will be... SEVERAL updates in rapid succession soon. PRoblem is I ran out of room on the first 3-4 posts lol.

Ok, so I've been brainstorming ideas for my next project since Tournament of the Wastes is coming to a close and I've thought of 2 possible stories. I want you guys to provide input for what you would rather see in the future.

MK: Curse of Steel

Captured and automated against his will the illusive warrior Smoke is now an elite cybernetic assassin. This story will go into his automation and servitude to the Lin Kuei.

MK: Pitch Black

Sub Zero has defeated Sektor and reclaimed the Lin Kuei, Scorpion has dragged Quan Chi to the Netherrealm with him and Noob Saibot is left without a master. Noob eventually finds himself at the Lin Kuei headquarters and challenges his former brother Sub Zero, Sub Zero now posses the dragon amulet and quickly overwhelms Noob destroying his body. But the forces of shadow would not be defeated so easily, with no vessel to contain it, the shadow essence bonds itself to a fallen warrior.

for anyone keeping up with my story.... I'm doing absolutely nothing for christmas or new years. So I'm sure there will be... SEVERAL updates in rapid succession soon. PRoblem is I ran out of room on the first 3-4 posts lol.

F*ck yes! :boink:

Ok, so I've been brainstorming ideas for my next project since Tournament of the Wastes is coming to a close and I've thought of 2 possible stories. I want you guys to provide input for what you would rather see in the future.

MK: Curse of Steel

Captured and automated against his will the illusive warrior Smoke is now an elite cybernetic assassin. This story will go into his automation and servitude to the Lin Kuei.

MK: Pitch Black

Sub Zero has defeated Sektor and reclaimed the Lin Kuei, Scorpion has dragged Quan Chi to the Netherrealm with him and Noob Saibot is left without a master. Noob eventually finds himself at the Lin Kuei headquarters and challenges his former brother Sub Zero, Sub Zero now posses the dragon amulet and quickly overwhelms Noob destroying his body. But the forces of shadow would not be defeated so easily, with no vessel to contain it, the shadow essence bonds itself to a fallen warrior.

Here's your solution, do both :twisted:

quick question for anyone who reads my story

would yall like Cyber sub-zero to appear or just keep sub-zero human

and which street fighter characters do yall want to appear

quick question for anyone who reads my story

would yall like Cyber sub-zero to appear or just keep sub-zero human

and which street fighter characters do yall want to appear

IMO it would be cool to see Cyber Sub Zero, and as for SF characters you should try to work in Garuda since he is all kinds of badass.