Official Fan Fiction Discussion Thread

[MENTION=6789]Wraith[/MENTION]

IMO it might help you out more if you do indeed work on different stories may cause it sometimes drives me nuts when i just work on one story

also you might like some the few twits that happened in my story MK vs SF in casyou were unaware that I actually updated it

Yea I've kinda been goin crazy with all the ideas I have for it, so yea I'd agree that working on something else would help me out.

I've seen that you've been updating it, and recently started to reread the first few chapters but like I said I just never really take the time to just sit down and read.
Kinda like what Vital said, I can't really just read a story, I gotta read it like one chapter at a time at like random times.

I was wondering about the Curse of Steel story. I haven't seen an update for it in a while.

I was wondering about the Curse of Steel story. I haven't seen an update for it in a while.

Yea I haven't put out in update in a while, damn now that I notice it, it's been like a month. The next few chapters will be coming soon though, I wanna wrap up this story arc and then work on some short stories for a little while.

I'm still gonna post my new MK fanfic here tomorrow, but for those who want to read it right away, you can read it here.

Got a couple works in progress on fanfiction.net, (same username, "brave1") but I just wanted to throw out an info request:

How do you guys go about with regards to writing fight scenes?

Thus far, I've been following the axiom of "Keep it short and simple" - avoid lengthy exposition (a'la a typical Rurouni Kenshin episode) , only focus on important specifics of the fight. Of course, with MK we have characters with distinct styles, techniques and weapons which makes things difficult.

Also, which polular published authors do you think write good action?

Thanks in advance!

Got a couple works in progress on fanfiction.net, (same username, "brave1") but I just wanted to throw out an info request:

How do you guys go about with regards to writing fight scenes?

Thus far, I've been following the axiom of "Keep it short and simple" - avoid lengthy exposition (a'la a typical Rurouni Kenshin episode) , only focus on important specifics of the fight. Of course, with MK we have characters with distinct styles, techniques and weapons which makes things difficult.

Also, which polular published authors do you think write good action?

Thanks in advance!

Yea fight scenes can be some of the hardest scenes to write, what I always do is choreograph how the fight is gonna go in my head, write down some quick notes and then try to translate all the movements and attacks into text which I find to be the difficult part.

Probably the hardest part for me is just balancing the action with the exposition, which is especially difficult when there is a lot you want to convey while still keeping the reader interested.

Here's what I've got so far:

"...Melvin!"
Scorpion and Noob Saibot try to make it to the release of Mortal Kombat X. But as Quan Chi knows all too well, one does not just decide to walk out of the Netherrealm. Parody of an infamous scene from the one and only "Bill and Ted".
Rated: T for crude humor - Humor/Parody
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10783506/1/Melvin

Once Upon a Tournament

Once Upon A Time / Mortal Kombat Cross-Over. When Earthrealm wins the 10th tournament, the forces of Outworld turn their attention to Storybrooke. New Alliances will be forged, old wounds opened and heroes shall rise.

Slide1.jpg

This story takes place in the middle of MK9 after Earthrealm wins the tenth tournament (though there will be nods to MK: Legacy and the lore in general) and post Season 4 of OUAT. I’m writing this as Season 4 premieres, so apologies in advance for discrepancies in plot and continuity.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10763713/1/Once-Upon-a-Tournament

Rated: Fiction T - Adventure/Romance

Dropped two new stories to kick the year off.

Mortal Kombat Compromise
After Outworld merged with Edenia, the lives of all Edenians have changed. It is going to take many of them a while to adjust, but most have adjusted to their ways more quickly than others.

Rise of the Shirai Ryu
Each and every member of the Shirai Ryu clan has been slain. Only Scorpion escaped their grasp. However, there are some people have come together to revive the clan once more. (Note: If you've already read MKMS2 in 2013-2014, this one might be irrelevant to you if you've read it up to Ch. 9)

My laptop has freezed up. So, I'm on my phone. I have an idea for a fan fiction, but I need to get everything sorted out and the best way to plan it.

The story revolves around Shao Kahn switching to the good side. At Armageddon, Onaga decides to go after the prize of defeating Blaze. Then, the MK9 scene with Raiden and Shao Kahn is switched to Shao Kahn laying battered while tortured at the pyramid by Onaga.

Onaga would take the hammer and Shao Kahn would be the one to send a message to his past self before his death on how to prevent the Dragon King from claiming the ultimate prize.

At first, Kahn's actions, but personality doesn't change as ruler of Outworld, but somewhere begins to convert into a more compassionate being. He initially wants to prevent Onaga's return and claim the prize like in MK9, but something happens in which he suddenly abandons his mask and abdicates his throne. The thought of Shao Kahn aligning with Raiden seemed at once unthinkable.

However, this was no longer about Shao Kahn. This was about his enlightenment to stop the forces of evil.

Interesting.
Nobody has attempted a serious story involving Shao Kahn turning good before.At least not that I know of.

How many chapters are you planning to make it?

I've released the second season of my Mortal Kombat Mythologies fanfiction. I've released 4 chapters so far, and a new chapter is posted weekly.

Synopsis: After gaining a losing streak of 2-9 in favor of Outworld, Earthrealm only has one final chance to defend itself in the Tenth Tournament. This Story is a new take on the tenth Mortal Kombat tournament and won't begin or end the same way.

It is planned to be 45 Chapters long and it will be split into 3 Sagas (15 Chapters Each). I can ensure that it is currently my most popular work so far (I even gained 100 views in less the 24 hours today), even to the point where it's doing better than my Street Fighter Fanfic.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11192412/1/Mortal-Kombat-Mythologies-Season-2