Official Fan Fiction Discussion Thread

But now for the topic at hand (or multiple, as it were), what do you guys look for when you read a story or are in the process of writing one? For me, I try to leave lots of loose ends in a story.. and start off with some strong action scene or dialogue. The loose ends are plot devices; things that seem unimportant but those will be referenced and be the jumping off points in the other two books of mine. Like, I killed off a few characters so I could *insert reason here* and they could *do these things*. Basically, I likes to add the suspense and mystery :mullet: What about you guys?

I enjoy a bit of emotion.
No soap opera nonsense, but I want to feel fugged up when a character dies.
And, like you do in your stories, I love words that vividly describe the setting.

It invades your brain with images of whatever the hell you're reading.

And I ****ing love Flyman's MK10 story.
Thats what made him the Writer leader in my eyes.

If anyone cares (other than Yung), I've begun working on the next chapters of Scorpion's Illegal Adventure.

This is awesome! Glad that you made it bb, no one really visits the writers group lol. Can't wait to read all of your stories, I too planned on writing a series on the adventures of Shujinko, right from his childhood days to the very end, adding lots more detail and depth along with some of my stuff. Ill hopefully be able to start in a few months.:)

This is awesome! Glad that you made it bb, no one really visits the writers group lol. Can't wait to read all of your stories, I too planned on writing a series on the adventures of Shujinko, right from his childhood days to the very end, adding lots more detail and depth along with some of my stuff. Ill hopefully be able to start in a few months.:)

I'm usually not interested in other's fan fictions (dick move, I know) but definitely sounds like something I would read!

Forgive my double post :x
But I am in the process of writing a short, non MK related comedy.
It's all a bunch of thoughts right now, but hopefully it gets some laughs when it's finished.

hear is a teaser from the latest chapter in my story mk vs sf that has been a little lacking and I wonder how you all feel about it

“What is this?” Guy thought. As the fires began to die off they revealed a imposing figure donning a black and goldish yellow armor complete with a intricate ninja mask reminiscent of a scorpion. Guy felt a hellish vibe surround him and he could feel the ghastly white eyes pierce his soul. Whoever this being was he was obviously an enemy. “Scorpion.” The sorcerer called out. “Kill him.” The human-like figure did not respond but it did slowly advance towards Guy in a intimidating gait prompting the Bushinryu heir to assume a defensive stance ready for the worst to come. “You think you can stand up to a hellspawn?” Scorpion barked “That is the last mistake you will make in that mortal coil of yours!” “I do not fear you demon!” Guy scoffed “I will send you back to hell where you belong!”

so how was that? what do you think needs to be done or is it good as is?

“What is this?” Guy thought. As the fires began to die off they revealed a imposing figure donning a black and goldish yellow armor complete with a intricate ninja mask reminiscent of a scorpion. Guy felt a hellish vibe surround him and he could feel the ghastly white eyes pierce his soul. Whoever this being was he was obviously an enemy.

“Scorpion.” The sorcerer called out. “Kill him.” The human-like figure did not respond but it did slowly advance towards Guy in a intimidating gait prompting the Bushinryu heir to assume a defensive stance ready for the worst to come.

“You think you can stand up to a hellspawn?” Scorpion barked

“That is the last mistake you will make in that mortal coil of yours!”

“I do not fear you demon!” Guy scoffed.“I will send you back to hell where you belong!”

was a nice fight intro, somewhat similar to my style of writing.

I just hope you put new paragraphs for every quote(Like i did in the quote), because that's how it works lol. No wall of text and I think it's good :D

was a nice fight intro, somewhat similar to my style of writing.

I just hope you put new paragraphs for every quote(Like i did in the quote), because that's how it works lol. No wall of text and I think it's good :D

Walls of text are the bane of my existence, somehow every story I write ends up a big text brick. :mad:

Critical when you gonna get up and write Change of Blood :mad:

I'm off frida sat sun mon, then i work 2 days, and I'm off thurs-fri-sat-sun-mon

so very soon haha. and alot back to back as I'm gonna be lonely this christmas.

Walls of text are the bane of my existence, somehow every story I write ends up a big text brick. :mad:

lol you get use to it after a while. Just double enter after every "quote" and every 3rd line period.(not this way in real story, but online it's more pleasant to read if you don't let it go say.. more than 4 lines back to back.

*Pats Critical on the back* Me too man, me to :']

dang, it's my first lonely one though. As I can't afford to visit my parents after I already flew for thanksgiving. well... I could afford, but I don't want to lol.

Well maybe i'll have something to write and you'll have something to read :D

Awesome :D. I'm trying to write a xmas special for my story and so far its forced jokes. I'll keep working on it though