Official Fan Fiction Discussion Thread

To everyone who said they want their interview, expect a PM later tonight.
I have the questions ready for the following people/stories:

-MK vs SF Fight of the Century by ByrdBrain
-Resident Evil: The Rebecca Trilogy by iViTal
-MKHS (Both Semesters) by YungQ94
-Mortal Kombat: Fire and Ice by MKDaz

If anyone has collaborated with one of these stories an wants to answer the questions too, post it here. Just make sure they know you want to answer them too. If I missed anyone or anyone else wants to join, let me know. Once the questions are answered and sent back to me, I'll make a thread about it.

Alright for real I need to kick it into high gear. Since I just released the update to my SFxT fan-fic I'll be updating my RE fan-fic tomorrow most likely.

Sorry all for the wait.

I'll make it up to you 8)

Alright for real I need to kick it into high gear. Since I just released the update to my SFxT fan-fic I'll be updating my RE fan-fic tomorrow most likely.

Sorry all for the wait.

I'll make it up to you 8)

sweet jesus i feel famous and Mizore is updating his story soon my good so much good is happening it feels like my heart is expanding again

To everyone who said they want their interview, expect a PM later tonight.
I have the questions ready for the following people/stories:

-MK vs SF Fight of the Century by ByrdBrain
-Resident Evil: The Rebecca Trilogy by iViTal
-MKHS (Both Semesters) by YungQ94
-Mortal Kombat: Fire and Ice by MKDaz

If anyone has collaborated with one of these stories an wants to answer the questions too, post it here. Just make sure they know you want to answer them too. If I missed anyone or anyone else wants to join, let me know. Once the questions are answered and sent back to me, I'll make a thread about it.
Flying Jinko writes Fire & Ice with me so I dont know if he wants to answer some questions or not.

For some reason the PMs aren't going through, so I'm going to post the questions here. Just PMme your responses and I will post them here tomorrow. And to Shirayuki Mizore, No I didn't forget you, but my phone is on 4% so I didn't get to write your questions yet. I'll post you questions in the morning.

===MK vs SF===
1) What made you think of making this fanfic?
2) You made the story revolve around MK2 and chose to pit the heroes of MK and Street Fighter against the villains of MK and Street Fighter. Why not do it similar to MK bs DCU?
3) How did you decide the roles and battles of each character while writing this?
4) I see that you've also added Raiden's visions into the story. What made you decide to add them?
5) Which chapter was your favorite and why?
6) Who do you think would win in a fight: Shao Kahn or Seth?
7) What do you have planned for the future of you story, without spoiling it of course?

===RE: The Rebecca Trilogy===
2) How did you come up with the horror elements of the story?
3) Rebecca's role in the RE games was much shorter than other major characters. How did you come up with the way Rebecca reacts in every situation?
4) Adding the USD Delta members into the story was a surprise, since they were only spin-off characters. What made you decide to fit theminto the story?
6) Did you added anything from the other RE media that has improved your story?
7) What do you have planned for the future of you story, without spoiling it of course?

===Mortal Kombat High School===
2) I always thought Mortal Kombat would always be about adventuring, martial arts, and kicking tail. What made you think of making the franchise's brutal fighters into a bunch of typical high school students?
3) How did you come up with the personalities and relationships of the characters?
4) Your fan base is really high. Is that what made you decide to make a season 2?
6) Kahn is a principle? Why didn't you make him an ex-principle or have the students run him off?

===Mortal Kombat: Fire and Ice===
2) When I first read the title, I thought it would be about Subzero's MK9 ending. Was that idea dropped or never planned?
3) The chapters are really long, and I'm talking pages of just a single chapter. What made you decide to write chapters like that?
4) How did you come up with the different OCs of the story?
6) I haven't seem Scorpion I'm the story yet, unless I overlooked it. Will he have a bigger role in future chapters does the "Fire" stand for something else?

===Mortal Kombat: Fire and Ice===

1) What made you think of making this fanfic? - Well I don't really know. When I read some of the awesome fanfics for MK on here, I though "Why don't I create a fanfic?", I wrote some ideas down and after awhile I thought of this idea! I sent some of my ideas to Flying Jinko and he thought Fire & Ice would be the best and so far, I think everyone else thinks that too.

2) When I first read the title, I thought it would be about Subzero's MK9 ending. Was that idea dropped or never planned? - Well, that was a idea, I think we are still going through with it but me and Jinko are still thinking of ideas for the rest of the story atm, we may think that this is involved near the end, but I dont want to spoil anything if that is what happens.

3) The chapters are really long, and I'm talking pages of just a single chapter. What made you decide to write chapters like that? - Well, small chapters aren't good enough to explain every detail that is needed to understand the story alot. Flying Jinko was the one that extended nearly all of the parts of a chapter.

4) How did you come up with the different OCs of the story? - It was pretty hard, I was thinking about who could be somehow connected to Sub-Zero, so I thought of a young girl, that was when I contacted Flying Jinko and he thought of the names!

5) Which chapter was your favorite and why? - I think it will be Chapter 2, as it describes the amount of sadness within Sung at that point when her parents died. I think this chapter would make or has made the readers emotional while reading it.

6) I haven't seem Scorpion I'm the story yet, unless I overlooked it. Will he have a bigger role in future chapters does the "Fire" stand for something else? - Well, at the last part of Chapter 2 we wrote you may see "GET OVER HERE!!" which will of course lead to Scorpion being involved. Fire does mean Scorpion as Ice is Sub-Zero.

7) What do you have planned for the future of you story, without spoiling it of course? - Well, there isnt much I can say without spoiling it, but with the next chapter you will see Zhao once again.

Last edited:
@MKDaz - You hit the nail right on the spot with your answers mate, good job.

Also this interview idea is really good and even better if it is mutual. We should be willing to interview other kadell's and other author's works as well, if they interview ours.

@MKDaz - You hit the nail right on the spot with your answers mate, good job.

Also this interview idea is really good and even better if it is mutual. We should be willing to interview other kadell's and other author's works as well, if they interview ours.
Thanks mate ^^ I really like this interview idea too, it makes me feel special like a game developer haha xD

Alright Mizore I have you questions ready. Also, everyone remember to read the last part of this post.

===Jill's Last Escape===
2) The RE franchise has had some comedy in it, but your story's comedy is more over the top. What do you think of when writing these funny scenes and dialogue?
3) In RE3, Jill started out with a pistol only so that when the zombies arrive, that's when the fear factor would come in. Why did you choose to start with the Assault rifle instead?
4) The story follows an alternate version of Resident Evil 3 where she's able to see other characters. Was there any ideas that helped you think of how you would do this?
6) The battles against the Nemesis seem more intense than the video game counterpart. Did the inspiration for these encounters come directly from the game or from another source?

Last but not least for everyone is the final question I forgot to ask all of you. This one may be harder to answer.

8) What can you say to others who want to write fanfiction but don't know where to start?

What can you say to others who want to write fanfiction but don't know where to start? - Just think of ideas, if you get enough ideas for the whole story then start on thinking of the main plot, from that, its pretty simple to go and write on! Don't lose hope if you don't find an idea straight away, you can't just get ideas in one time of thinking. Keep thinking and sooner or later more ideas will come! Some ideas may be connected to real life, I thought of a few ideas when I was experiencing troubles in my life.

To answer the last question if you don't know where to start just think about which series or two you have in mind and study on them thats what i did i just looked through each series' characters studied the story and figured out who would fit in well in the story but never shy away from asking other writers for pointers and read other stories as a way to motivate you.

Oh, hi me. ^^

Seriously, though, these two answers above are pretty helpful, I think i'm going start writing on saturday! Thanks!

===Mortal Kombat High School===

Honestly I never thought about making this fic. It was all Havok's idea. I was working on my first fic and he approached me with this idea and I said yes. Didn't think it would go far but it went pretty far.

2) I always thought Mortal Kombat would always be about adventuring, martial arts, and kicking tail. What made you think of making the franchise's brutal fighters into a bunch of typical high school students?
True MK is about fighting but I like to think outside the box. I mean come on, another fic with action and fighting? Although very nice ideas from those fics I like to use my own flavors. Not to mention the fact that I am a high school student writing this fic haha.

3) How did you come up with the personalities and relationships of the characters?
Again thinking outside the box. The whole plot was to give these guys different starts. Hence the fact that Scorpion isn't pissed off most of the time. Besides, having the same personalities while in high school would be a bit stupid. For relationships that one came through writing the story. Like Liu being turned down by Kitana to end up with Li Mei just made itself through the writing. Of course predictable things like Scorpion and Mileena came through things like the Challenge Tower gimmick. I would have to say that the most unpredictable relationship would be Johnny and Skarlet.

4) Your fan base is really high. Is that what made you decide to make a season 2?
Sadly no. I was going to make the story regardless but the reason why I started season 2 is because I forgot there was two semesters in a school year. So basically I dun goofed :laugh:

I would have to say the chapter where Smoke gets together with Jade. I liked it because it was straight from the heart in a sense and came out pretty well.

6) Kahn is a principle? Why didn't you make him an ex-principle or have the students run him off?
Why is Khan a principle? Honestly I have not the slightest clue :laugh: Honestly, with him being Outworld's leader it just made sense to me.

Once we get the ball rolling for MKHS, expect more comedy, more oh shit drama moments, and more high school experiences

8) What can you say to others who want to write fanfiction but don't know where to start?

First think of your favorite character from any series. Imagine what you would like that character to do. With those two in mind, think of the genre of writing you would like to see from the character. Finally, be original with your work. Do something everybody else hasn't seen in this particular series. Sure it might be something like another adventure fic, but make it a different adventure fic.

I miss MK:HS

Its the only fan-fic that i've read every single update for.

Anyway who wants to hear any extremely short snippet of what i've got so far?

Me!

Ok, i'm not giving anything away, i'm gonna get you guessing here it is.: "You have to stop dong this! I'm a very important man, y'know. I can't keep losing time because you can't control yourself."

Last edited:
the answers from kadell's interview.

1. the main inspiration dates back to the old rivalry these two games had along with the lack of notable fanfics despite the timeless rivalry between the two franchises it always interested me how the fighters would interact among one another what kind of alliances or animosity would brew between them.

2. actually it technically takes place in the new timeline of mortal kombat 9 which explains Raiden's visions, but to answer your question the reason why all the heroes are teaming up against the villains was to deviate from the traditional universe A vs universe B then have em team up and take out the true threat formula. mind you i almost went through with it since my original plot was to have both worlds blackmailed into joining the tournament and which ever fighter from whatever world won their world would be spared while the other would be conqured but i felt that that plot wouldn't bring out the characters' personality as much as my current plot so there.

3.this was possibly one of the tougher parts of my story. good rival choices of both series are more often than not part of the same alignment so it took some time working around to get it right like Jade vs Vega or Guy vs Scorpion. for the roles i simply kept the mk charcters' roles intact from canon as for the street fighter characters i had to bend a few of em from canon since so little are directly opposed to the main villian of the series.

4. intially it seems like Raidens visions would play a role but when the two worlds started merging that all changed. in a way i wanted the characters of Street fighter altered some of MK 9's events (ie Guy preventing Sub-Zero from being taken, Dhalsim wanting to free Ermac, Seth being apart of Mileena's creation etc). and in turn causing the Thunder God to have a new mysterious vision. i believed it was interesting idea to implement plus it struck my fancy in how the street fighter characters would adjust to events similar to the mk characters

5. this is a tough one i don't have a favorite, but the few chapters i do like are chapter 6, 10, 11, 12, and 13 since thats were the most notable interactions take in my opinion.

6.if it was Khan and Bison it would be to close for me to call but since it's Seth i have to say Khan, tough seth would give him a tough time.

7.if you recalled chapter 11 you notice the strange vision Raiden has i'll let you think from there but i can say in the future i will delve deeper in both respective franchises' lore and expand some relationships even further though i am still unsure about the latter.

Once the other two complete their questions, I'm going to post the topic. Also, when the topic is made, be prepared to answer other people's questions if they ask any.