Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Cyber Sub-Zero

  1. #1
    Elder God Jade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hugh Jackman's Pants
    Age
    35
    Posts
    11,451
    Thanked: 510
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

    Cyber Sub-Zero

    Cyber Sub-Zero



    Real Name: Kuai Liang
    Age: 32
    Height: 6' 8" (2.03 m)
    Weight: Unknown
    Origin: Earthrealm
    Resides: Netherrealm

    Cyber Sub-Zero is an unlockable character from Mortal Kombat 9. He is the Cyborg form of Kuai Liang, the younger Sub-Zero, who gets automated instead of Smoke.

    As a cyborg, Sub-Zero's natural strength is further enhanced through cybernetics. While he has a noticeably lighter frame, he appears to easily be the strongest and most capable of the cyborg ninjas, not only for soundly defeating his former Lin Kuei brethren Sektor and his older brother, but both Shokan champions, Kintaro and Goro single-handed at the same time. He still retains his old cryomancy powers and wields the same skill he had when he was human, but these have been translated into a fighting style especially suited for his unique frame, taking attributes from both his original form and Cyrax.

    While he can fire ice blasts in an instant from his chest cavity, he still performs the charging motion subconsciously to help focus his power. He still retains the ability to shape the cold around his body into solid weaponry and thus, regularly uses an ice sword in battle, albeit with a different, much larger shape featuring a hand guard. Like Cyrax, he has the ability to teleport by separating his limbs and reconfiguring at a different location. While he has lost the ability to make ice clones, he is instead given the ability to flash-freeze himself temporarily, passing the freeze to melee attackers for a quick counterattack.
    Signature Moves
    Ice Ball: Cyber Sub-Zero sends a ball of ice directly towards the opponent to temporarily freeze them in place for a free hit. This move is similar to his freeze in human form, except it's smaller, slightly slower, and is fired directly from the chest. The enhanced version is called Ice Beam. Cyber Sub-Zero shoots a beam of ice instead of a ball, and the opponent stays frozen for a longer amount of time.
    Ice Bomb: Cyber Sub-Zero drops an ice bomb from his chest compartment, when the bomb explodes, it damages the opponent. It will freeze the opponent if the bomb is in very close range to them. There is a short, long and very long range variation of the attack. This move is similar to Cyrax's Bomb. The enhanced version is called Cryo Bomb and sends out three bombs at once. It is unblockable.
    Slide: Cyber Sub-Zero slides across the floor, knocking the opponent off their feet. This move is taken directly from his human form. The enhanced version is called Cyber-Slide. Cyber Sub-Zero travels further and faster, and follows-up with a flying kick.
    Teleport: Cyber Sub-Zero's limbs detach from his body with a flash of blue-white light. Then they reattach behind his enemy. This move is very similar to Cyrax's Exploding Teleport. The enhanced version is called Bangport. Cyber Sub-Zero's detached limbs hit the opponent while teleporting, damaging the opponent.
    Ice Parry: Cyber Sub-Zero flash-freezes himself in a sheet of ice. If he is touched by melee attacks while in this state, he will pass the freeze to his opponent and hit them with his Kori Blade. This does not work when hit low. The enhanced version is called Frozen Parry. Cyber Sub-Zero completely freezes his opponent without a counterattack.
    Divekick: While in the air, Cyber Sub-Zero dives down in a diagonal kick. This can be done in close and far proximity. The enhanced version is called Powerkick and he kicks the opponent three times.
    X-Ray Move - Cool Down: Cyber Sub-Zero does a Dive Kick to get behind his opponent, dizzying them, then creates a ball of ice and slams it to the back of their head, damaging their skull. Then he creates a Kori Blade and stabs upward through their back before pushing his opponent to the ground.


    Fatalities
    Kold Fusion: Cyber Sub-Zero enters a code on his arm and then jumps on his opponent, freezing himself with them. After that, they both explode into shards of ice, leaving only the opponent's legs. This fatality resembles the Hara-Kiri fatalities of Mortal Kombat: Deception as well as Cyrax's MK3 Self-Destruct Fatality (further giving him resemblance to Cyrax, along with a similar teleport and ranged bombs).
    Brain Freeze: Cyber Sub-Zero fires 2 shurikens from his chest, one into each of the opponent's eyes. After that, he charges an ice blast and fires it while shooting a third shuriken. Both get into the opponent's brain, where they spin, shredding it, which is shown in a fashion similar to the X-Ray moves. As the shuriken spins, the opponent freezes in a comedic pose and falls to the floor, dead, their limbs twitching in awkward ways.


    Other Finishers
    Babality: Cyber Sub-Zero plays with an ice bomb. He then drops it, freezing himself into a block of ice. His cries can be heard while frozen.

  2. #2
    Elder God YungQ94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Skull Island w/ Vital & Shira
    Age
    25
    Posts
    12,059
    Twitter
    @#TeamThrowItBack
    Xbox Live
    BiTeThAPiLlOw
    PSN
    YUNGQ94
    Thanked: 870
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)

    Re: Cyber Sub-Zero

    He has the cutest babality evar!!

    But you didn't hear that shit from me...... evar
    Last edited by YungQ94; 12-12-2011 at 06:52 PM.

  3. #3
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,666
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Thanked: 4931
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

    Re: Cyber Sub-Zero

    There is about to be so much hate in this thread.



    But I don't care.
    I love the idea of Cyber Sub-Zero.
    Sub-Zero got so goddam plain after MK4.
    All he did was jerk his dick with Hotaru & Kenshi.
    This will hopefully add some new dilemmas for him.
    Even though he is dead

  4. #4
    Elder God YungQ94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Skull Island w/ Vital & Shira
    Age
    25
    Posts
    12,059
    Twitter
    @#TeamThrowItBack
    Xbox Live
    BiTeThAPiLlOw
    PSN
    YUNGQ94
    Thanked: 870
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)

    Re: Cyber Sub-Zero

    I have to say that his X-ray is well, minding. Say he's playing keep away and your trying everything to get near him. Well one Xray results in a good buttfuk in your healtg if your not careful

  5. #5
    Defender of EarthRealm iViTal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mileena
    Posts
    7,303
    Twitter
    @Torey_17
    PSN
    _iApollos
    Steam
    iReality35
    Thanked: 568
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)

    Re: Cyber Sub-Zero

    Quote Originally Posted by YungQ94 View Post
    I have to say that his X-ray is well, minding. Say he's playing keep away and your trying everything to get near him. Well one Xray results in a good buttfuk in your healtg if your not careful
    I hate playing CSZ... because of that, Minds games with the Bomb trap and Dive kick

    "I Make Violence Look Good"

  6. #6
    Trolling You For Fun & Profit TaBB3rnackle92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,444
    PSN
    Indigokick
    Thanked: 37
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Cyber Sub-Zero

    Thank you so much for adding it Jade
    I love this character so much, I hope he remains in all upcoming MK's.
    He fits my playstyle so perfectly, and I like to think of him as the ultimate underdog.
    He's not a zoner, which is ideal to me.
    I was so disappointed when I found out my favorite Character was a zoner with little combo potential (Noob Saibot)
    Originally, I hated him sooo much.. he took my boy Cyber Smoke's place!
    It wasn't until after I had grown tired of Ermac that I found he was a true warrior.
    Dive Kicks, the parry that Sub had in MKvsDC... the only airbourne X-ray.. this guy had it all.
    He instantly outshown any other kombatants in my eyes, I spent hours and hours in training with him.
    The 3,4 corner combo's... 1,2,1+2.. loved it.
    I find something new with him every time I play as CSZ, just recently discovered his X-ray can come out of b2,b4 if the opponent is airborne and in the corner..
    Cyber Sub for Life

  7. #7
    Hollywood Superstar Exemery's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Posts
    796
    Twitter
    @ಠ_ಠ
    Xbox Live
    ಠ_ಠ
    PSN
    ಠ_ಠ
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cyber Sub-Zero

    Im not smart enough to main CSZ but I am thinking...

  8. #8
    Elder God YungQ94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Skull Island w/ Vital & Shira
    Age
    25
    Posts
    12,059
    Twitter
    @#TeamThrowItBack
    Xbox Live
    BiTeThAPiLlOw
    PSN
    YUNGQ94
    Thanked: 870
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)

    Re: Cyber Sub-Zero

    Dive kicks are mindgames son. Whenever he jumps I cringe

  9. #9
    Emperor of Outworld Metal Overlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,952
    Thanked: 445
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Cyber Sub-Zero

    Although I DESPISE the fact that he replaced Cyber Smoke (my favorite cyborg), and I don't like the fact that he borrows a little too much from other characters moveset-wise, aesthetically, I'm gonna be honest: this is the best design I've ever seen for a cyborg in Mortal Kombat. And storywise I feel like this could be the best direction yet for Kuai Liang.

    While it isn't even a question that human Sub-Zero needs to be brought back in some form, turning Kuai Liang back into a human and then back into Sub-Zero is not the solution to that, in my eyes. Kuai Liang is not the true Sub-Zero. He only assumed the identity to honor his late brother. But Kuai Liang isn't anything like Sub-Zero while the latter was still living; Sub-Zero was ruthless and cold-blooded. He continued to serve the Lin Kuei out of pure, unwavering loyalty and carried out his tasks without any of sense of morality. Kuai Liang has a greater sense of morality and ultimately decided to fight for Earthrealm instead of serving the Lin Kuei so I feel that he should retire the "Sub-Zero" name and stand for something much greater than what Sub-Zero stood for in life. In fact, I don't think it would be a bad idea for him to return to his original identity as "Tundra".

    I feel that he should stay as a cyborg as a reminder to himself and others that even if some tragic event were to rear its ugly head over someone (in Kuai Liang's case, being converted into a cyborg), this doesn't stop them from living life just like they used to before their "transformation". Kuai Liang at face value may appear to be a hollow, mechanical shell of his former self, but his actions and belief in the greater good would quickly prove otherwise to those skeptical. Instead of dwelling on what he used to be before he became a cyborg or spending his life attempting to regain his fully human form, he should focus on bigger goals like becoming the Grandmaster of the Lin Kuei restoring honor to the once great Lin Kuei like in the original timeline. This, in my opinion, would ensure that the decision to convert Kuai Liang into a cyborg this time wouldn't just be a cheap way to change up an established character, but a decision that actually ends up furthering his character development and making him a stronger man than he was even as a full human.

    Now to solve the human Sub-Zero problem, I feel like the best way is bring Bi-Han back somehow. One theory I've heard is that when Noob got kicked into the Soulnado by Nightwolf, this could've split up the consciences of Noob Saibot and Bi-Han, therefore making the two seperate entities. It may not make much sense, but that's a minor sacrifice in my eyes, as we would get human Sub-Zero back while at the same time keeping both Cyber Sub-Zero and Noob Saibot.

    With all that said, I still want Cyber Smoke back

  10. #10
    Lin Kuei Assassin Flying Jinko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Shujinko's Beard
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,909
    Thanked: 340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Overlord View Post
    Although I DESPISE the fact that he replaced Cyber Smoke (my favorite cyborg), and I don't like the fact that he borrows a little too much from other characters moveset-wise, aesthetically, I'm gonna be honest: this is the best design I've ever seen for a cyborg in Mortal Kombat. And storywise I feel like this could be the best direction yet for Kuai Liang.

    While it isn't even a question that human Sub-Zero needs to be brought back in some form, turning Kuai Liang back into a human and then back into Sub-Zero is not the solution to that, in my eyes. Kuai Liang is not the true Sub-Zero. He only assumed the identity to honor his late brother. But Kuai Liang isn't anything like Sub-Zero while the latter was still living; Sub-Zero was ruthless and cold-blooded. He continued to serve the Lin Kuei out of pure, unwavering loyalty and carried out his tasks without any of sense of morality. Kuai Liang has a greater sense of morality and ultimately decided to fight for Earthrealm instead of serving the Lin Kuei so I feel that he should retire the "Sub-Zero" name and stand for something much greater than what Sub-Zero stood for in life. In fact, I don't think it would be a bad idea for him to return to his original identity as "Tundra".

    I feel that he should stay as a cyborg as a reminder to himself and others that even if some tragic event were to rear its ugly head over someone (in Kuai Liang's case, being converted into a cyborg), this doesn't stop them from living life just like they used to before their "transformation". Kuai Liang at face value may appear to be a hollow, mechanical shell of his former self, but his actions and belief in the greater good would quickly prove otherwise to those skeptical. Instead of dwelling on what he used to be before he became a cyborg or spending his life attempting to regain his fully human form, he should focus on bigger goals like becoming the Grandmaster of the Lin Kuei restoring honor to the once great Lin Kuei like in the original timeline. This, in my opinion, would ensure that the decision to convert Kuai Liang into a cyborg this time wouldn't just be a cheap way to change up an established character, but a decision that actually ends up furthering his character development and making him a stronger man than he was even as a full human.

    Now to solve the human Sub-Zero problem, I feel like the best way is bring Bi-Han back somehow. One theory I've heard is that when Noob got kicked into the Soulnado by Nightwolf, this could've split up the consciences of Noob Saibot and Bi-Han, therefore making the two seperate entities. It may not make much sense, but that's a minor sacrifice in my eyes, as we would get human Sub-Zero back while at the same time keeping both Cyber Sub-Zero and Noob Saibot.

    With all that said, I still want Cyber Smoke back
    Really awesome post, Bruce! I agree with everything. I would really love to see Kuai Liang adopt the name of Tundra and go about his own route than living under the facade of his brother's name. I too would like him to remain Cyber and perhaps lead the Lin Kuei even in that form in the future.

  11. #11
    Shaolin Monk Havok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cloudsdale
    Posts
    1,575
    Xbox Live
    Stonecoldmaniak
    Thanked: 39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cyber Sub-Zero

    Quote Originally Posted by YungQ94 View Post
    He has the cutest babality evar!!

    But you didn't hear that shit from me...... evar

    that was my first avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TaBB3rnackle92 View Post
    Thank you so much for adding it Jade
    I love this character so much, I hope he remains in all upcoming MK's.
    He fits my playstyle so perfectly, and I like to think of him as the ultimate underdog.
    He's not a zoner, which is ideal to me.
    I was so disappointed when I found out my favorite Character was a zoner with little combo potential (Noob Saibot)
    Originally, I hated him sooo much.. he took my boy Cyber Smoke's place!
    It wasn't until after I had grown tired of Ermac that I found he was a true warrior.
    Dive Kicks, the parry that Sub had in MKvsDC... the only airbourne X-ray.. this guy had it all.
    He instantly outshown any other kombatants in my eyes, I spent hours and hours in training with him.
    The 3,4 corner combo's... 1,2,1+2.. loved it.
    I find something new with him every time I play as CSZ, just recently discovered his X-ray can come out of b2,b4 if the opponent is airborne and in the corner..
    Cyber Sub for Life


    cyber sub convinced me to buy the game ( he was really the only new character for me)

    -sig banner by me

  12. #12
    Kombatant Michael_Myers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Vietnam
    Age
    31
    Posts
    174
    Twitter
    @Michael_Myers98
    Thanked: 28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cyber Sub-Zero

    i like him more when he was a human !

    and i don't like this Cyber Sub-Zero,i just...hate it !!!

  13. #13
    Kombatant MK4THEWIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Undiscovered Realm
    Posts
    214
    Thanked: 7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cyber Sub-Zero

    So I am assuming he took a cyber role after his death to bring him back to life then?

  14. #14
    Lin Kuei Assassin Kitty_55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Gristol, Dunwall
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,064
    PSN
    Kitty_1205
    Thanked: 718
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

    Re: Cyber Sub-Zero

    First off, as a die hard Sub-Zero fan, I honestly didn't mind this change to the character at all. In fact, I liked Sub-Zero a heck of a lot more after this. Granted that he's got similarities in moves from Cyrax and not too many people like him, I don't care. I'm a mofo-beast when I get in my mood.

    Sadly, I don't play online anymore. Never really played that much anyways.

    But I'm side tracking. Seeing how his "undead form" is his cyborg, I guess we're going to see him as a cyborg again. This has a lot of people scratching their heads as to whether or not there's an opportunity to make him human again. The problem is, this can go so many different ways, especially seeing how his brother's fate is left undetermined. I mean, is Noob really dead after being thrown into the Soulnado? We don't know, we can only assume, and a lot are assuming he's dead, I however, don't really see that he is.

    Cyborg Sub-Zero, or just Sub-Zero in general as how I'm going to refer him to, could be resurrected. And if so, could there be a way for him to regain his human self? I always had it pictured that he suddenly turns into a Raiden-like character (Raiden from Metal Gear Solid, not the God of Thunder). He'd be a cyborg, but he'd be more human looking rather than robotic. I mean we have seen Cyrax do something like that, so wouldn't it be also something to do on Sub-Zero if he were to get his human self back? He'd still be cybernetic in a way, but he'd be more human.

    And who knows, he might not come back to life. We could see Noob come back by having him be Bi Han all of a sudden. Someone on another site thought that maybe his "shadow" gets pried and Bi Han is back to his old self. I'm not necessary saying that I'd be behind that kind of event happening unless it makes a whole lot of sense as to how it can work but, it's something else to think to have Sub-Zero, whether it's Bi Han or Kuai Liang return for the next game and there is a Sub-Zero in the roster.

    I never really understood why he is the only character that has their x-ray being performed while you're in the air. It always makes me laugh that not too many people actually know that. And I'm really thankful that he has the ice parry. I cannot tell you how badly I wanted that move to return after Mortal Kombat vs DC. I thought that move that Sub-Zero had in that game was one of the best moves he could ever had. That set me up to just kill my opponents by timing it just right.

    And heh, I was at my boyfriend's housewarming party and someone challenged me to Mortal Kombat. A Johnny Cage one-combo spammer, typical. And man he kept flipping off the screen, he almost threw MY controller several times, and just seeing this guy's frustration coming out E-V-E-R-Y S-I-N-G-L-E T-I-M-E I used the ice parry made me appreciate the move more and more. I mean, hey, find some other move to do other than the one that's gonna get you trapped in my ice.

    But of course, that's just me bragging, I don't normally like to but, if I have the chance to, I'll brag.

    You can obviously tell how much I love this character, and not just because he's cyborg, but just because he's Sub-Zero. I've played him ever since my brother introduced me to the series when I was one years old. (When you have a brother that wanted a younger brother but got me instead, that brother of yours will introduce you to what he likes)

    I mean, Sub-Zero IS the first character I've ever beaten Mortal Kombat with.

    So yeah, that's my two cents about this character.

  15. #15
    Kombatant Mikey Palmice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    28
    Posts
    229
    Thanked: 28
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Cyber Sub-Zero

    So much better than the ninja version, needs to return in MK10

  16. #16
    Elder God Tarkatan Trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Up Daisy Ridley's skirt
    Age
    36
    Posts
    10,036
    PSN
    Romo2Witten1983
    Thanked: 1739
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)

    Re: Cyber Sub-Zero

    Human + fully alive + blue ninja + cryomancer + Kuai Liang = TRUE Sub-Zero

    That is all!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    Shaolin Monk Noob-Zer013's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Nexus
    Posts
    1,933
    PSN
    Noob-Zer013
    Thanked: 570
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: Cyber Sub-Zero

    ^This

    I'm anxious to see what NRS is going to do with this Sub-Zero dilemma.

  18. #18
    Elder God Tarkatan Trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Up Daisy Ridley's skirt
    Age
    36
    Posts
    10,036
    PSN
    Romo2Witten1983
    Thanked: 1739
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)

    Re: Cyber Sub-Zero

    Quote Originally Posted by Noob-Zer013 View Post
    ^This

    I'm anxious to see what NRS studios is going to do with this Sub-Zero dilemma.
    What the people tell them to do; ignore what happened to Sub-Zero in MK9's story mode like nothing happened.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    Shaolin Monk Noob-Zer013's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Nexus
    Posts
    1,933
    PSN
    Noob-Zer013
    Thanked: 570
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: Cyber Sub-Zero

    It seems the fan ratio between cyber and human is split equally though.

  20. #20
    Shaolin Monk jdnice11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,618
    PSN
    jdnice11
    Thanked: 187
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Re: Cyber Sub-Zero

    I get it, NRS wanted to change up the story

    But Cyber Sub Zero was a waste of an established character IMO. The did nothing with him and he died just as fast as he was created

    I DON'T do FAIR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. I wished it would be Cyber Smoke instead of Cyber Sub-Zero
    By white_ninja in forum Characters & Gameplay
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 04-08-2012, 08:01 PM
  2. Cyber Sub-Zero
    By Ben Widman in forum Mortal Kombat (2011) Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-14-2011, 12:12 PM
  3. Cyber Mileena?!
    By MileenaK in forum Mortal Kombat Fan Artwork
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 08-15-2011, 08:49 AM
  4. Cyber Reptile?
    By fredkrueg3r in forum Spoilers, Leaks, and Rumors
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-20-2011, 10:28 AM
  5. Cyber Sub-Zero
    By perre0g1 in forum Mortal Kombat Fan Artwork
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-25-2011, 09:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •