Official BlazBlue thread

Zoidberg747

I decided to pick this up after watching it at a tournament today. Noticed there was not a thread on it, so I decided to make one. Talk about strategy, tiers, characters, old games, the newest games etc. I will post more once I actually get the game lol.

I'll record the next time I play some I have a RL friend who's REALLY effing good. He plays Hazama and Jin Kisaragi for tournaments but he has a nasty Taeger as well.

who are you interested in Zoidberg?

lol Carl is only difficult because of positioning and the fact you have to multitask between 2 characters. You have to be aware of carl and Ada. And where Ada is at in conjunction with you.

Because you control BOTH characters at the same time.

Once you get it ask me questions about certain characters I'll be glad to share their "play style"

Alright what are these characters playstyles:
Ragna
Taokaka
Arakune
Hakumen
Valkenyen
Tsubaki
Litchi

Those are the ones that are interesting to me

Alright what are these characters playstyles:
Ragna
Taokaka
Arakune
Hakumen
Valkenyen
Tsubaki
Litchi

Those are the ones that are interesting to me

Ragna has a decent mid range game, and uses his DP's to steal away health. But his health is low as a result for balance.

Arakune's game revolves around getting you "Cursed" from his DP moves, once he gets you fully cursed. He can do RIDICULOUS damage because every move you do will also shoot shit onto the screen to help you combo. His dash is a teleport looking move, He has a good aerial game.

Hakumen is a mid range fighter like ragna escept he has "counter" attack properties. You use this to make them scared to attack you too aggressively and thus giving you a chance at pressure. Hakumen uses orbs to combo extend and deals heavy damage.

Litchi ... she's hard to explain. I would go to say she's rushdown, but she's got staff tricks. like she can plant her staff in the ground. Use it to be more mobile on the screen, or she can recall it and make it fly around like a projectile. When she ahs it on her she has more range. Because you can "plant" her staff, thus giving her different move set when her hands are free.

Everyone's got some pretty decently large damaging combos just most people have a certain way they have to go about getting it.

Give me jin

He's a passive aggressive rush down. He has pretty decent zoning as well. And his DP moves freeze opponents to set up for combos. It's not 1000x years long like subzero when you freeze them you have to be quick to combo off of it.

Jin differs in that he can try surprising or poking his opponent with his drive attacks in order to start combos.

Another thing to note is that Jin can use 25% meter to turn his special attacks into drive attacks, essentially EX versions of his attacks which can refreeze and have extra untechable frames on their knock downs. Jin can extend his combos on the fly with the extra untechable frames so long as he keeps an eye on his meter.

Air Superiority
Jin is good in the air and can generally deal with threats that are airborne as well. Blizzard, his dragon punch styled anti-air, is a great counter to opponents in the air. The light version is a fast reaction attack while the medium version has moderate invincibility frames.
Violent Ice, the strong version of Blizzard, is a great counter with its invincible frames but has lost its combo potential on counter hit since Calamity Trigger.
But every Jin you face will probably be jumping and spamming their jumping strong, and for good reason. It's probably the best poke in the entire game with the exception to Hakumen's which is the exact same attack though he uses a longer sword. Jin can basically safely use this poke to fish for counter hits and go straight in DP which will freeze them and bring them closer to start a combo.

There's a thread about BlazBlue on this sub-forum already, maybe one of the mods should merge these two together for convenience's sake.

I played Calamity Trigger. I'm not sure if I should pick up Continium Shift or wait for the newest installment.

Iron Tager was one of the first characters I tried out, since he's one of the more straightforward characters and can inflict a lot of damage for fewer hits. His mobility sucks donkey rocks though, getting inside is always a struggle against characters who attack while maintaining their distance.

I played Calamity Trigger. I'm not sure if I should pick up Continium Shift or wait for the newest installment.

Iron Tager was one of the first characters I tried out, since he's one of the more straightforward characters and can inflict a lot of damage for fewer hits. His mobility sucks donkey rocks though, getting inside is always a struggle against characters who attack while maintaining their distance.

yeah that's why you gotta do your best to end combos with magnatism. So you can draw them in. His "Dash" is actually forcing your opponent to dash toward you.

Continuum shift IMO has a better story than calamity trigger you should play it.

I love the story mode for this game. ESPECIALLY the gag reels. WHOMG my gut hurt first time I watched all of those.

I searched and came up with nothing :/ thanks for letting me know freyith, and yeah if a mod wants to do that it would be more convenient. Also Flawless it is only 30 bucks on xbl, and im pretty sure it is going to be played at tournaments and online for a while.

I searched and came up with nothing :/ thanks for letting me know freyith, and yeah if a mod wants to do that it would be more convenient.

People don't put tags in their thread (just likes this one ;) ) so when you search for a thread, nothing comes up, even if there is one out there. I put tags in all my threads cause it makes things A LOT easier.

I main Arakune, Takaka, Valkenyen, Tsubaki.

Did you get this yet Zoidberg? I have not played this months and months, so I would be hella rusty. But feel free to send an invite if you want to play sometime.

Yeah I have it. Am practicing with Arakune first. I think my brother may have deleted you so feel free to send me another friend request, and maybe we can get some games in.