Official BlazBlue thread

This is another reason why I love Blazblue. they never cease to amaze me how they can make so many diverse characters.

That shit is similar to rachels' wind and pumpkin. Except you place it on the screen and control projectiles/characters on the screen rather than yourself.

I just bought a japanese copy of Chrono Phantasma. Because I can not wait. I'll buy a english copy later for story when it comes out for the US.

I definitely respect ASW's creativity. However, I ended up mainly using Tager, Jin, and Taokaka, the most conventional characters of the bunch.

Anyways, how is Chronophantasma?

I definitely respect ASW's creativity. However, I ended up mainly using Tager, Jin, and Taokaka, the most conventional characters of the bunch.

Anyways, how is Chronophantasma?

i pre-ordered it, it doesn't come out for a few more weeks. Ill let you know when I get it.

EDIT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrd7CvyOfec&feature=player_detailpage#t=526

man look at this Rachel mid-screen come-back. And ended the combo with all Roses to keep that multihit going as long as possible for the time.

Soo hype.

So what do you think of the new characters, since I believe had the game for a while now?. I'll have to wait until March for North American localization.

This game is great.

Overdrive now shares the same slot as Burst. So you have to choose wisely. Overdrive not only buffs you but if you use it during moves. It will cut the lag for you like a Rapid as a plus. I thin it's so you can hit confirm into combo.

Because while in overdrive mode. If you hit your opponent. They cannot burst.

This also makes a scenario where if you save your burst and get caught in a combo where your opponent also has theirs. You wasted it because you can't use yours. You might want to consider using bursts earlier in the round.

They also recharge slowly and carry over to the next round at the point at which they were charged.

I love the remix songs.

The game is slightly sped up. Execution is a little more tough. I think the reasoning for this is because combos are shortened. But normals got a damage boost. Basically you don't have to go make a sandwhich if someone lands a full combo anymore. the maximum damage output is good. It's not completely ridiculous. Don't listen to the hype if someone complains about damage. Anytime I've seen someone cry, it either

1.) started with a normal no one is going to ever land
2.) required overdrive/full meter (Which means you're either destroying them anyways, and might as well astral for lols) ( or you're getting destroyed last round so bad, you accidently saved all these up)

Azreal, is a beast. His dash is really short, but its quick as hell, and it can cross you up. He sort of moves SUPER quickly a short distance. He can dash inbetween projectiles. He puts pressure points on you. they serve multiple purposes. If he has it on your upper body you can't block his super high. If he has it on your lower body, You can't block is super low. IF he has it on both. You can't block is super at ALL.

Outside of that, if you hit your drive button on someone while those symbols are up. and you land a hit. You increase hitstun by a decent amount w/o having to counter hit or fatal.

He can absorb projectiles, and has a projectile himself. He can only use his strong projectile though, IF he absorbed some of yours. He can hold up to 3.

Arakune's Overdrive is so strong you might never want to burst. If you can curse, and combo them. you can extend their terrible situation by simply doing his overdrive to keep them cursed. I see most arakune's taking full combo damage almost everytime because they rely on their overdrive to do massive damage at one time.

I can't download kokonoe yet for some reason.

Kagura is very similar to Guile from SF, He has charge moves. has a flash kick with his sword, and he can follow behind his projectile. Except he has ALOT of range on his normals and is generally slower.

His standing heavy literally can cover almost full instant airdash distance away.

So much to talk about. anyone characters YOU'RE interested in?

Yuuki terumi is pretty cool. He has flashy moves, He builds ALOT of meter. But his move list is actually REALLY small. He has like 7 supers, and like 3 special moves.

He's the kind of character that spams specials/supers. As part of his game of opening people up, or extending damage. at the cost of having crappy options when no meter.

Just to give you an idea of how much meter he builds. he can combo you into a SUPER. Rapid his super.... Then build enough meter during his combo. To do another super.

Guard crush is also a cool mechanic. Cost 25 energy, and it breaks their guard. The only way to avoid it. Is to barrier block.

Golly so much delicious info. I definitely want to try Azreal cause Wesker is his voice actor.

Besides that he looks like a real good rushdown character

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

The game is slightly sped up. Execution is a little more tough. I think the reasoning for this is because combos are shortened. But normals got a damage boost. Basically you don't have to go make a sandwhich if someone lands a full combo anymore. the maximum damage output is good. It's not completely ridiculous. Don't listen to the hype if someone complains about damage. Anytime I've seen someone cry, it either

1.) started with a normal no one is going to ever land
2.) required overdrive/full meter (Which means you're either destroying them anyways, and might as well astral for lols) ( or you're getting destroyed last round so bad, you accidently saved all these up)

That could be a hindrance, since my execution is already poor as it is.

Azreal, is a beast. His dash is really short, but its quick as hell, and it can cross you up. He sort of moves SUPER quickly a short distance. He can dash inbetween projectiles. He puts pressure points on you. they serve multiple purposes. If he has it on your upper body you can't block his super high. If he has it on your lower body, You can't block is super low. IF he has it on both. You can't block is super at ALL.

Outside of that, if you hit your drive button on someone while those symbols are up. and you land a hit. You increase hitstun by a decent amount w/o having to counter hit or fatal.

He can absorb projectiles, and has a projectile himself. He can only use his strong projectile though, IF he absorbed some of yours. He can hold up to 3.

Thanks for clearing that up. The original description of his drive that goes along the lines of of "he detects his opponent's weak points" says nothing about how it actually works. I thought that his drive would be a debuff that makes characters take extra damage with each hit. Rendering supers unblockable is downright disgusting though.

So much to talk about. anyone characters YOU'RE interested in?

You already explained Areal, who seems to be the most interesting out of the new characters so far. Second would be Bullet; from my understanding, her drive basically allows her home in on a target at a certain range, but that's all I know.

Anyways, I appreciate all the info.

Bullet is like a speedy grappler character. She has a couple command grabs, but most of her options come from when she buffs herself.

The execution isn't like Guilty gear hard, but you will notice a slight increase in difficulty landing combos.

The unblockable super thing feels like a bad scenario. But it's not THAT easy for a azreal to land those pressure points. And if he does land them via-combo. He sacrifices damage, in hopes for larger future damage, or a situation where he can garantee 1 free super if he times it right.

Azreal is a good rushdown character. lol. One of my friends is maining him.

We're splitting up the characters here so we get more matchup experience.

I'm maining Izayoi, Nu-12, V-13, Hakumen

Another is Litchi - Hazama

Another is Tager

Another is Arakune

another is maining Jin/Bang

Another maining Taokaka/Azreal/Platinum

Another maining Noel

So...

With the English Release last week.

I just finish story mode.

and all I have to say is... God like.

The plot devices were perfect, I feel SO much for a large portion of the cast.

Ragna's very emotionally filled speech about Nine's dedication to Kokonoe
Rachel's story she told Ragna and friends.
The Betrayal, and self blame, coupled with nice plot twists, and little things you saw in Continuum shift that you didn't think was much of anything ended up being a major plot point.

All around GREAT story.

Gag reels were alright, but not as impressive as the last bunch.

Ugh, I got so caught up with work, that I completely forgot about pre-ordering Chronophantasma. I wanted to get the limited edition too, since I like collecting soundtracks and artbooks. Oh well, I still need to finish the Arcade Mode with all the characters in CS: Extend, but I haven't had much time for video games as I would like.

Ugh, I got so caught up with work, that I completely forgot about pre-ordering Chronophantasma. I wanted to get the limited edition too, since I like collecting soundtracks and artbooks. Oh well, I still need to finish the Arcade Mode with all the characters in CS: Extend, but I haven't had much time for video games as I would like.

I bet you can still get the limited edition. I didn't Pre-order either cuz I technically "have" the game. But when I went to buy it in english it was sold out everywhere >.>; Where are all these Blazblue players?

Anyways, I had to order mine online, and got the special edition there.