TRMK's MKAK 1.02 Patch Notes and Bugs Thread

TaBB just did a quick check, UMK3 does in fact sound louder than before. I'll add that to the list.

As far as loud as MK2 PSN, the audio level of the game is no where near what it was in MK2 PSN. Which is a good thing. The audio levels were brought down to "normalized" level which means that I can turn my stereo way up to make it loud properly and it sounds good. Instead MK2 PSN was in fact TOO loud in which if my stereo was too loud when I start it, the game almost blows my speakers and it sounds like shit because it's bouncing off the high end. That's all wrong, but MKAK is not right either. It needs to be a bit more in the middle I feel.

Thanks for the info, Pat.
I'm glad that was resolved.. not like it kills me to turn the volume up when I play UMK3 in the MKAK..but it's cool to know that was addressed.

Not as loud as PSN MK2? Well that's a bit of a disappointment.

Why is it that everything good in this world is bad to you? Let me just say for the record that I'm not raging over here at your displeasure of everything, nor am I trying to insult you. But Pat, Tim, and myself all confirmed that MKII on the PSN can and will blow your speakers out its so loud yet you - a guy who has bashed MK9 and NRS at every turn, attacked Ed Boon over his tweets and even accused Pat of lying to the public like he was some kind of Mortal Kombat law enforcement official (though you did rightfully apologize), is now disappointed that they FIXED the volume in the MKAK. Ugh... I refuse to derail the thread so as such respectfully decline to respond to anything Tarkatan says in retort with the best interests of the forums in mind regardless of what he might say. But seriously, there is no pleasing you. I just don't get the fascination with constantly burying these people into the ground over such minuscule things that are arguably issues in the first place.

On a more related note, I'm curious to hear what was causing the audio problems. I was doing some testing on my end with the sound effects in MK1 but unfortunately didn't get a chance to mess with MKII. Actually, I may do that now real quick if I can squeeze it in before dinner.

Edit- I did exactly that. Turns out Pat was right and I learned something new today - the landing sound in MKII is infact a chopped up version of the block effect, separated into two parts (and possibly played ending first, though not in reverse). If I had to guess, I'd say they meant to replace this with a new sound the way they did the clapping in MK1, but must have decided against it at the last minute and just threw the block sound in there to call it a day.

Last edited:
dude, online the 2nd player cannot do random select. So if you start a friendly match and yer player one, only u can do random.

I'll test that the next time I can get a good 1.02 match going, it's hard with two versions out there.

I tried to clear out most of the impertinent responses in this thread. Remember, this topic is specifically for detailing what this patch does and does not fix; it's not another place for expressing random thoughts about this collection and speculating the patch's release date (please use this topic instead). Thanks.

i cant get online play to work. no one for friendly matches, cant join a ranked match. wtf?

This is a problem.

· Quitting a Ranked Kombat match or backing out of a Ranked Kombat match both now result in a loss to the quitting player, affecting his Kombat Rating.

Normally that would be great, but a bug in the previous versions that has not been patched has carried over and as such, creates a loophole forcing a legit player to take a loss no matter what they do:

The "client" cannot start a match in the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection.

Each game has a "host" and a "client" - the person hosting the lobby is on top, the player joining the lobby is on the bottom. Normally, when player 1 becomes ready, a countdown timer appears that counts down from 15. Once the time expires, the game starts regardless of whether or not player 2 is ready. However, if player 2 readies up alone, the timer they get counts down from 15 only to reset back to 15. So I could be a total jackass and find myself "hosting" a lobby that upon realization I never respond to, leaving the joining player to either wait indefinitely or take the loss.

Well after more testing it appears these clients either aren't always thrown to the bottom of the matchup list, or it's more of a general lobby room problem - this can happen to "hosts" too.

To boot, at least on the PS3, it turns out leaving a lobby doesn't even give you a loss despite the changelog citing "both" situations. So unless leaving a room before a match starts costs you points on the 360, this was a very strange false alarm.

Dunno if this has been noted, but the Ranking scores have both been reset to 1200 and each game tracks the score separately. Pre-patch, you had the same score for all three games.

i dunno if its my connection or what but i played 5 games online and had a lot of delay issues. i dont know if they were overseas players but i couldnt do anything useful for anything.