My first 3d Model, Scorpion

Hanzo

I've always been good at drawing, but recently I've been trying to get into 3d, and finally I started to get a hold of it, I decided to work on Scorpion, I'm not following any model from the game, I'm taking the liberty of creating my own, I plan on doing a few more characters in the future, Not close to some of the work some members here have done but heres what I have accomplished so far.

33c2a149.jpg

878602c0.jpg

be0fb074.jpg

fdb77160.jpg

862bd0ef.jpg

I'm still learning as I go, I would say is not even 10% done, so will update as I progress.

Nice mask concept! How you liking Zbrush so far?

The cool thing about this is, lets say for example you want to animate it, you can use this sculpt and do retopology over it. You can use Zbrush or Topogun which is really good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice mask concept! How you liking Zbrush so far?

Thanks! I don't even know what to do about the mask, I wanted to open up a hole and show his bone jaw and teeth but I don't know how to yet , and the program is called Sculptris.

Oh okay. Im not familiar with Sculptris so I'll check some vids on that, but there should be an option where you can extract part of the model to make it a separate object. Maybe you can start using the brush to make an indent in the mask, then extract a portion and work on the teeth n jaw from there. Im not sure where in the layout that option would be, but youtube could definitely be of help. When I sculpted a face using Zbrush, I started from a sphere. Once I got to the teeth I was running low on geometry so the teeth was low res while the face had a lot of resolution. So, I made the teeth separate and bumped up the resolution without increasing the face geometry. Also a good point is to work from a lower resolution to higher, but if you're somewhat new to it then its best to just self teach for a bit. Going good so far.

Im loving the mask design, Instead of take pictures with a camera just take a screenshot of your desktop and upload to Imgur.

Cant wait to see the finish product.

Demonseed i will try zbrush when i get a chance.

Linkueininja thanks.

Ivital great idea, i will do that from now on.

2chq9dw.jpg

Finally got to open up his mask, will update when im done with his teeth.

Some sick shit bro, what program are you using? Kinda want to toy with it :)

Will you make a unmaksed model and will he have his Axe or swords?

Some sick shit bro, what program are you using? Kinda want to toy with it :)

Will you make a unmaksed model and will he have his Axe or swords?

Thanks, I want to make the legacy scorpion which was the idea but it got out of control and this is what i came up with, I plan on doing all the ninjas. So an unmasked scorpion for sure will come in the future, hopefully when Im more experienced, the program is called sculptris and is free.

Here is my work on his teeth, Looks kinda silly now, but with color im sure it will look better.

2aimowg.jpg

For some odd reason Scuptris crashes, think you can help me?

All my GFX card drivers are up to date including DirectX

Specs:

Windows7 Home premium 64 bit

ATI radeonHD 4100

AMD Turion x2 @ 2.20GHz

4 gigs of DDR2 I think? or DDR3 I cant remember..

Help!! I want to make 3D models :cry:

I have an old piece of crap slow vista computer from like 2003, so I think your computer is over capable, try to restart it, if not right click the icon and go to comparability and select run as vista, maybe this program is not compatibly with windows 7.

Lol my computer rapes the system requirments :laugh: i tried it in every capability mode. Im going to restart my PC thanks though :)

Recent work on his costume

nyzb42.jpg

Working on arms, can't wait to finish and color it.

jjadxj.jpg

That's great, but it's nothing compared to my Deformed Monster Man. 8)

deformedmm.jpg

Just kiddin, I could only dream of making something like that.