Random Gameplay Facts thread

Also a hit or blocked Kitana standing 1 does not give her a free throw. 1 on block isn't even significant advantage.

The coolest thing about Nightwish is that he can absord Shao Khan's annoying hammer (yes, the one which cannot be ducked or blocked) and gain a HUGE amount of life bar from it.

interesting, i wonder if u can repel his hammer with kratos and kenshi. can anyone confirm this?

Gah! I lost my notepad with all the facts in it. Now it's gonna be mad annoying to update everything previous as I took things from the old list and deleted them as I added them.

EDIT:
If I missed a post or facts already posted let me know. I think I got everything.

Last edited:
-Skarlets teleport can be beaten by a well timed njp, or can be avoided by back dashing

-Mileena's teleport can be countered by sindels u4 or jax's standing air grab. I'm still looking for moves that can counter this as well. it can also be avoided by back dashing.

-Sonya's dive kick and be countered by jax's air gotcha grab.

-Kung Laos teleport can be countered by njp. of course, you can easily punish it by ducking and uppercut. you can also back dash and punish. I've found a way to punish ex teleport with kitana, but I don't wanna reveal it just yet lol

-certain block strings can be interrupted. for example: Quan Chi's b3 1+2, raiden's 3 3 4 & b3 1 2, smoke's 3 d1 2, sub zero's 2 1 2, and other slow moves like that can be interrupted mid string by a fast normal, special, xray or armored move.

-Liu Kang's b3 1 2 beats Sonya's ex cartwheel

-smoke's overhead (b2) is the fastest overhead in the game

-sindel's float cancel recovers at its quickest after linking it after 2. canceling float cancel with fireballs is a very quick way to build meter since you gain meter for floating, for throwing a fireball and if the opponent blocks. sindel as an otg reset in the corner that is done as a combo ended. it only works of the combo is long. for example: (in corner) b3 1, u4, 1 x scream, 3 1 1 x float immediately canceled into a fireball. if done correctly, the fireball causes the opponent to take unscaled damage and causes them to stand up.

-Jade has a reset. after a successful b2, as soon as the opponent is about to hit the ground, use any normal (preferably d4) and it causes the opponent to stand and take unscaled damage. this also works in tag. after a successful b2, switch to your partner and do the exact same thing.

-johnny cage has a random block infinite online. apparently, f3 1, d1 is a block infinite online. also, there's a weird tech that happens if an opponent crouch blocks Johnny's f3. sometimes, it randomly gives +9 frames on block.

-Kabal has a 1 frame block infinite. I believe its 2 x ndc x 2 x ndc....

-shang tsung has a weird tech that involves soul steal. if u win the round by soul steal being the final hit, the damage boost comes randomly in the next round.

Sektors 12back1 forward44 Back34Enhancedteleport Back21 does %1 more damage if you use Forward43.

you can't tech noob's teleport, or grab.

Kung lao can combo off his throw in the corner with a EX low hat.

Skarlet vs low hitbox characters must us B1, 1, F4. because otherwise the parts of her other strings will whiff a ducking opponent leaving them time to poke you out early easily.

I am thinking about changing my tier character from Kung Lao to Kitana. The reason is is that after awhile KL got really boring to play as and not very enjoyable but Kitana is fun and sure I don't know how to do her good combos yet I do enjoy her style. So what do you guys think about it. Has anyone ever played a character for years and then when MK9 came out they changed their fave.

Just to let everyone know I do not think Kung Lao sunks or is a bad character. I think he is one of the best in the game I just don't like the style any more.

I am thinking about changing my tier character from Kung Lao to Kitana. The reason is is that after awhile KL got really boring to play as and not very enjoyable but Kitana is fun and sure I don't know how to do her good combos yet I do enjoy her style. So what do you guys think about it. Has anyone ever played a character for years and then when MK9 came out they changed their fave.

Just to let everyone know I do not think Kung Lao sunks or is a bad character. I think he is one of the best in the game I just don't like the style any more.

you like what you like.
and do whatever makes you happy.

I'm assuming you play the game for fun.

But IMO if you ever take it competitively you should stick it out with 1-2 main characters. just play around with others if you're bored but don't really put in much work.

What makes the game fun for me isn't the fact that I've been playing Ermac only for like a year. the reason it doesn't bore me to death. Is because when you constantly fight really smart people or people who cream you. That the reads and playing in itself should be fun.