Random Gameplay Facts thread

I updated the format... now I need to re-add all that info GAH!!!!

bear with me :D

Is this format fine with you guys?

Last edited:
cyrax's teleport is faster than cyber sub-zero's
shang has the slowest uppercut while sonya has the fastest.
kung lao is still god tier after getting nerfed.

Defense:
If you do Liu Kang's fireball in the air, it helps boost your meter since the fireball isn't hitting the other person.

Defense:
If you do Liu Kang's fireball in the air, it helps boost your meter since the fireball isn't hitting the other person.

Aldo if you hit their block with fireball. you get meter for using the fireball, then you also get extra meter for doing chip damage. So it's better to hit their block.

IF you don't know why lui kangs do the short hop instant air fireball, They do it because it's less laggy and they can retreat while firing fireballs.

I assume offence is stuff you can do while playing as the character and defense is what you can use while fighting that said character?

I assume offence is stuff you can do while playing as the character and defense is what you can use while fighting that said character?

defense will be stuff you use to defend yourself with said character,

offense will be ways to keep pressure with said character.

If it's something like cross up jump when raiden teleports. That is a universal punishment, therefore be under the General tab. if it's character specific like, reverse inputs for shadow upknee. The it will go under noob's defense as he is the one benefiting.

Cyber Subzero has a bad ass, easy corner X-ray.
This should probably go in the official Cyber Sub thread, but I'll post it here just in case.
3,4 b2,b4 X-ray
The b2,b4 X-ray is an X-ray combo just like b3, 2, X-ray.. it works automatically when you press the R2+L2 (or RB+LB) after the last hit in the combo.
However, b2,b4 x-ray can't be connected midscreen, you gotta have the opponent in the air and close for it to work.

lol you guys are posting about as fast as I've been updateing the OP.

Good stuff keep it up. I got most of the kitana stuff, this is actually quite timing consuming.

Also guys please leave exaggerations out of your posts and put a little effort into proper spelling. To make this more official and legit.

Like someone mentioned cyrax does his command grab 100 times. I changed it to "multiple times." this will be updated alot quicker if you could be sure your info is 100% positive it's legit. Proper spelling, and even you want to go that far you can even look at the character your typing about and see what number we're on and pre-type the numbers for me so I can just simply copy/paste.

cyrax's teleport is faster than cyber sub-zero's
shang has the slowest uppercut while sonya has the fastest.
kung lao is still god tier after getting nerfed.

Maybe NRS felt some characters benefited more from having faster down pokes than others.

As for CSZ's teleport being slow, and virtually useless...not sure what the reasoning behind that was. Perhaps giving him an armoured move would make him a bit too good, but his teleport should be at least Cyrax speed.

Maybe NRS felt some characters benefited more from having faster down pokes than others.

As for CSZ's teleport being slow, and virtually useless...not sure what the reasoning behind that was. Perhaps giving him an armoured move would make him a bit too good, but his teleport should be at least Cyrax speed.

Agreed, I get little use out of CSZ's teleport.
When trying to escape a fan assault of Kitana, I just gotta turtle it out. Sucks.

^^^ Lol I wish it wasn't so...

NightWolf has no low starters.

upper cut,1,down1, and hatchet are good anti airs.

122 has advantage on hit, disadvantage on block.

11 has enough advantage on hit to check with forward2 or another 11 after a dash.

forward 3 is fast and leads to NightWolf's bnb.

enhanced reflect gives you health even on projectile NightWolf usually can't reflect (Kabal's saw)

Alright so I finally went to an offline tourney today. I went 2-2, but got in about 20+ casuals before and after the tournament. Here is some stuff I found out.

On wakeup Blade charge will go through projectiles. For instance if Reptile tries to reset you with a forceball, if you wakeup with blade charge it will go through the forceball.

Chop Chop can be used to build meter very efficiently. A good example of when to do this is against sub zero.

D1 slices pressure does not work against Reptile because of his dash.

Baraka's sweep has a very good range and is extremely underused.

That is all I can think of. Good ob on the posts guys.

The coolest thing about Nightwish is that he can absord Shao Khan's annoying hammer (yes, the one which cannot be ducked or blocked) and gain a HUGE amount of life bar from it.

All d+1's are unsafe not just Kitana's. They're all like -9 to -15 on block. I punish blocked d+1 with my own d+1 all the time. It's important for dealing with pressure. The problem with punishing a d+1 with fast specials is that it has almost no block stun and there's little time to react to blocking a d+1 and punish in time.

The coolest thing about Nightwish is that he can absord Shao Khan's annoying hammer (yes, the one which cannot be ducked or blocked) and gain a HUGE amount of life bar from it.

Too bad Shao Khan isn't a playable character online ;)

All d+1's are unsafe not just Kitana's. They're all like -9 to -15 on block. I punish blocked d+1 with my own d+1 all the time. It's important for dealing with pressure. The problem with punishing a d+1 with fast specials is that it has almost no block stun and there's little time to react to blocking a d+1 and punish in time.

Thanks for your input 16 bit.

Ill change it to universal.