Random Gameplay Facts thread

Sektor has a 6 frame jab (standing 1) the fastest in the game

Sheeva has the biggest hit box.

you can Down 1 when some one tries to cross you up with a jump in punch.

when cyrax does his command throw 100 times in a row you can let the jump in punch hit you and the command grab will wift and you'll get a full combo.

Night Wolf loses if you down 4 and block high

Sub Zero's clone is the fastest move in the game 2 frames i think

Jax's forward 4 1 3 randomly gives advantage

jax(corner olny) cyrax and smoke all have dirty dirty resets using meter

Some nice ones in this post. I left out Nightwolf Joke,

and I didn't put up subzero, because Jade's glow is 1frame and so is EXglow.

Nice vid, great find and very detailed description. *thumbs up* ......ALSO... Northern Irish accent??? ^,^

Oh that's not me :laugh:
It's a video that TRMK member Flagg showed me.
But thanks, I thought this might be a good place to show others.
I myself tested this out on member Violence2k8 and it in fact, 100% works.

dang it! lol Must give it a go anyhow :)

It's quite the doozy, but like the video said, you have a small window to do it in.. you probably only get one chance.
I would go into training mode, set you X-ray on full, and try it out.
Make sure to set your dummy on block and duck, too.

It's quite the doozy, but like the video said, you have a small window to do it in.. you probably only get one chance.
I would go into training mode, set you X-ray on full, and try it out.
Make sure to set your dummy on block and duck, too.

Yea thats what i was thinking, does the pushback still happen when opponent is duck blocking??

Yea thats what i was thinking, does the pushback still happen when opponent is duck blocking??

Oh yeah, the pushback is guaranteed.
The only way out of that is a split second teleport, I think Mileena's or Raiden could get out of it.
Possibly Noob's teleport grab, too.
I believe I read it is a sure fire thing when done on someone who doesn't have a teleport, like Jax or Johnny.

-Johnny's "forceball trap" can be ducked, making it unsafe

-kenshi's up and down slashes are unsafe on block at a close distance. only characters with fast specials can punish it.

-kitana has a reset. end juggles by whiffing f4 then either use 1 or b4 afterwards.
d1 is UNSAFE.
cutting fan can be ducked, leaving it unsafe.
2 is an easy AA, 3 is harder to use but more damaging.
a blocked/hit 1 leads into a free throw.
She is the ONLY character who can combo off of a GROUNDED uppercut( meaning kitana hit her opponent with an uppercut while they were standing). It only works in the corner. After hitting with the uppercut, do d1 into cutting fan and combo from there. The timing is VERY strict

-Mileena has a reset. end juggles by whiffing teleport kick. she recovers instantly and has time to use a move before the opponent can wake up. either use u4, d4, ex ball roll, b3, throw or just wait for the opponent to use a wake-up attack and punish.
Mileena is the ONLY character in the game who can prevent a wake-up 100% of the time and its 100% safe. after doing 1 1 2 roll in the middle of your juggle, slightly back up and use b2. if the opponent back rolls, b2 hits and the damage is UNSCALED, but the opponent is "unharmed"(meaning the opponent seems like he didn't even get hit because he can still move around as if he was using jades ex glow). if the opponent just lays there, the opponent takes scaled damage and is "harmed". if the opponent tries to use a wake-up attack, b2 AUTOMATICALLY makes the opponent block, putting them into a reset situation.
Mileenas teleport is unsafe EVEN AFTER A SAI..same for ex teleport.

-Quan chi's "rune trap" is avoidable. if u see it coming, just get hit then use breaker.

-Rain is an armored God. Every special he has is armored when enhanced.
Master his armored dash (ex Rhc ). Leads into a free combo.
4 into rhc is a better pressure string than 4 3 rhc. 4 has more block and hitstun and 4 combos into RH while 4 3 doesn't.

-master sindels float cancel. using it in block strings leads into free throws

Last edited:
-Johnny's "forceball trap" can be ducked, making it unsafe

-kenshi's up and down slashes are unsafe on block at a close distance. only characters with fast specials can punish it.

-kitana has a reset. end juggles by whiffing f4 then either use 1 or b4 afterwards.
d1 is UNSAFE.
cutting fan can be ducked, leaving it unsafe.
2 is an easy AA, 3 is harder to use but more damaging.
a blocked/hit 1 leads into a free throw.
She is the ONLY character who can combo off of a GROUNDED uppercut( meaning kitana hit her opponent with an uppercut while they were standing). It only works in the corner. After hitting with the uppercut, do d1 into cutting fan and combo from there. The timing is VERY strict

-Mileena has a reset. end juggles by whiffing teleport kick. she recovers instantly and has time to use a move before the opponent can wake up. either use u4, d4, ex ball roll, b3, throw or just wait for the opponent to use a wake-up attack and punish.
Mileena is the ONLY character in the game who can prevent a wake-up 100% of the time and its 100% safe. after doing 1 1 2 roll in the middle of your juggle, slightly back up and use b2. if the opponent back rolls, b2 hits and the damage is UNSCALED, but the opponent is "unharmed"(meaning the opponent seems like he didn't even get hit because he can still move around as if he was using jades ex glow). if the opponent just lays there, the opponent takes scaled damage and is "harmed". if the opponent tries to use a wake-up attack, b2 AUTOMATICALLY makes the opponent block, putting them into a reset situation.
Mileenas teleport is unsafe EVEN AFTER A SAI..same for ex teleport.

-Quan chi's "rune trap" is avoidable. if u see it coming, just get hit then use breaker.

-Rain is an armored God. Every special he has is armored when enhanced.
Master his armored dash (ex Rhc ). Leads into a free combo.
4 into rhc is a better pressure string than 4 3 rhc. 4 has more block and hitstun and 4 combos into RH while 4 3 doesn't.

-master sindels float cancel. using it in block strings leads into free throws

Some nice ones in here. Keep up the good work guys. At this rate I think it might have been a good idea to start putting these in groups like "Kitana's random faq's"

how is D1 unsafe? is it charact specific? or what? can you go into detail on that one for me I'm interested.

Last edited:
Finally a thread on this site thats actually about MK gameplay.

Baraka can do 1 into slices as an anti air

Baraka can do a F4 reset after a chop chop in the corner

Slices makes any blockstring safe on block(Baraka)

Chop Chop can be beat out with a jump in punch(If you try to use it as an anti air)

Blade spin can be poked out of.

D1 slices is one oh his best pressure options

U3 is +10 on block and can be used to set up corner pressure

F4, 2,2 1+2 is his frame trap

If you can add a U3 right after a b3,1 to do b3,1 U3 b3,1 b3,1 EX spin spin for 40%

EX slices is a juggle starter

Blade charge is always safe on block when at the right distance.

Those are all Baraka btw

nice tips fatality ray.

and yes thanks for starting this thread. critical-limit. you have got me on this website regularly again and actually excited about playing and trying new things.

trmk has always been lacking the gameplay discussion department..

helps chatting to people who know what their talking about, and who want to talk about it.

i tell my mates about cool things i find and they just get pissed off now and go " *sigh*..great.. a new way for jordan to kill us.."
so i dont even tell em anymore, just use it against them and watch them complain. lol

nice tips fatality ray.

and yes thanks for starting this thread. critical-limit. you have got me on this website regularly again and actually excited about playing and trying new things.

trmk has always been lacking the gameplay discussion department..

helps chatting to people who know what their talking about, and who want to talk about it.

i tell my mates about cool things i find and they just get pissed off now and go " *sigh*..great.. a new way for jordan to kill us.."
so i dont even tell em anymore, just use it against them and watch them complain. lol

NP man, I love gameplay talk as well. Funny considering I have a TYM account but I rarely post.

Just tell your friends, The only way to improve everyone's skills is to share information about how things work and how to beat it. Even if that means beating you. So you can learn how to deal with a counter to your strategy.

For instance lets say you start zoning with noob saibot, and your friends don't know how to get passed it. Instead of enjoying the wins and watching them get flustered and complain. Explain how to beat your strategy so once they do start beating it. you can be prepared for that guy in tournament who already knows how to get through it.

your friends are looking at it wrong. It shouldn't be "great another tool for Jordan to use on us" But instead "Jordan found out something new! now we can all prepare for it"

Blade charge is always safe on block when at the right distance.

Are you sure about this? even versus instant superman/Jade's shadow kicks out of block?

I usually punish these with double shadowkicks all the time, but perhaps they weren't max distance?

Last edited:
Some nice ones in here. Keep up the good work guys. At this rate I think it might have been a good idea to start putting these in groups like "Kitana's random faq's"

how is D1 unsafe? is it charact specific? or what? can you go into detail on that one for me I'm interested.

yes. its unsafe on block. but only be fast specials. reps dash, raidens Superman, kls hat spin, jcs shadow kick, and kanos both up and cannonball can punish it.

yes. its unsafe on block. but only be fast specials. reps dash, raidens Superman, kls hat spin, jcs shadow kick, and kanos both up and cannonball can punish it.

Now is this when you're RIGHT NEXT to them? because kitana reaches pretty far out with her D1. I can't see KL spin hitting her at that distance w/o moving in first or EX'ing it.

Now is this when you're RIGHT NEXT to them? because kitana reaches pretty far out with her D1. I can't see KL spin hitting her at that distance w/o moving in first or EX'ing it.

yes...right next to them. It can still be punished from her Max distance tho by certain moves. Kls hat spin can't punish it from Max distance. Reps dash can