Let's talk Cosplay.

Freyith

(I searched to see if there was a thread about this topic before, but didn't see anything. If there's a duplicate somewhere, Mods, please merge at will. :) )

For the uninitiated, the term cosplay (originally Japanese, but coming from the English loanwords 'costume' and 'play') is the act of dressing up as a character/person/thing (sometimes) from popular culture and media. In the West, the greatest phenomena of this is Halloween. Most of you probably know what I'm talking about, you aren't 10 and this isn't Usenet. :laugh: Usually the subject of cosplay is an anime or video game character, but I've seen everything from Billy Mays and Duke Nukem to Tiger Woods and Ozzy Osbourne.

Do any of you guys cosplay at all? Is there a particular character you yourself would like to make a costume of, or see done? I've seen a fair share of MK ones (klassic and modern) done, so it can't be totally alien to people on TRMK. I've usually got some planned out in advance for a year or two. Share and let's have some fun. :D

I love to see peoples cosplay. Unfortunately I'm not in shape to do it (yet anyways). I follow one Cosplay on Facebook named Electric Lady and she has an amazing Lilith from Darkstalkers and has a really good Rise Kujikawa from Persona 4, but shes mostly known for her Stockings cosplay from Pantie and Stockings.
My favorite being the Lilith though.

ellilith.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/electric.lady.fanpage

I have never dressed up like it but i bet it is a hell of a lot of fun. if i ever did i'd wanna dress as marcus fenix that would be bad ass.

Is it sad I've stood EXACTLY where that photo was taken? (It's the second floor of the Hynes Convention Ctr, in Boston, MA, just a few feet from the up-escalator).

^LOL.

What the hell? Haha.

Sorry for the DP but I thought this bore posting. This is a cosplay someone did of Darth Krayt (from the Star Wars Legacy era comics)...I was INSTANTLY reminded of Shao Kahn.

3042463.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG!!!! that girl playing jade is perfect, the outfit is identical,her eyes are gorgeous and look at her curves those thighs yummy. if she was 2 shades darker she would be a mirror image but im not gonna nit pick when she looks that good, she pulled it off. if u guys find a cosplay of taki or samus post it here cause i love sexy girls in catsuits (not leather) just spandex. i think it should be a national holiday "catsuit day" sexy girls wearing spandex across the usa for one day would be like heaven on earth lol.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I wanted to tell you guys about one of my online friends who is into cosplay.
Her name is Amanda. She uses a wheelchair and she still rocks her cosplay outfits.

Check out her Facebook page. :]

http://www.facebook.com/MisaOnWheels

my little brother has cp and is in a wheelchair he loves to dress up as cm punk and batman. he's a hand full at times but he kicks when he dresses up it puts the biggest smile on his face.

Oh yeah, I wanted to tell you guys about one of my online friends who is into cosplay.
Her name is Amanda. She uses a wheelchair and she still rocks her cosplay outfits.

The fact that shes in a wheel chair and still cosplays is kick ass. It shows that she doesn't care what people think of her and enjoys what she does and for that I completely respect her.

OMG!!!! that girl playing jade is perfect, the outfit is identical,her eyes are gorgeous and look at her curves those thighs yummy. if she was 2 shades darker she would be a mirror image but im not gonna nit pick when she looks that good, she pulled it off. if u guys find a cosplay of taki or samus post it here cause i love sexy girls in catsuits (not leather) just spandex. i think it should be a national holiday "catsuit day" sexy girls wearing spandex across the usa for one day would be like heaven on earth lol.

I'm planning on cosplaying Taki sometime next year, if I've got the extra time/money to make the costume. The armor bits are the hard part.

This is the kind of person I really dig. She isn't one of those 'feel sorry for me', depressed 24/7 types. I get that people can get depressed when they have a disability but being a constant debbie downer gets old fast. Gotta make use of what you got and enjoy life, regardless of being limited.

With her skin, she makes a really great blond.

That Lilith up there is really awesome.

I have my Sailor Jupiter and Sailor Saturn costumes and my Baroness, too.

She's actually the first Misa (Death Note) cosplayer I've seen that looks cute. And that says a lot, because I generally hate that character.