Winter 2011 PS3 MK Tournament-SIGN UP Thread

I want in on this real bad. Won't have access to a ps3 for sure until sometime this month maybe...how long are these sign ups going on.

Not sure on how long we are doing the sign ups for, but I'll hopefully set dates for this stuff by today.

Also whenever Critical get the time today, we'll go over the rules and stuff.. the detailed stuff.

Nice to see Mike bring out Stryker or Jax this time :)
And yes, his Johnny Cage is insane.

RULES

Double Elimination

Matches

2of3 for regular matches

3of5 for Semi-finals, and Grand Finals.

Blind Pick
It's as simple as hide your cursor. If you don't want to show your first choice so your opponent can counter pick. hide your cursor during your first match.

[Note: Only works for first match. Match 2 or Match 3(If needed). Hidden Cursor is not allowed.]

Counter Pick
Winner of last round may change character, but must pick their character first.
Loser of last round waits for winner of last to pick character then selects theirs.

Banned Stages
You can play on these if your opponent is fine with it.

The Street
[Cars can give someone a few frames of "Invisibility" on move startup if a car drives randomly infront of the screen. Although brief a few frames could mean the difference between combo/not combo when it comes to looking for things on reaction.]

Chamber of Flame
[Kratos Stage: Vibrates randomly, can cause an error and hand eye coordination randomly when looking for a specific height when juggling your opponent. (This is for the eye to hand combo'ers) This hardly affects those who can do them by muscle memory.

^^^
[Note] If these stages are randomly selected. And you play out longer than 5 seconds. The game will count as normal. This will deter anyone who thinks of letting a banned stage run and if they lose "oh this is a banned stage REDO!"

You may not think this to be a problem but I've seen people try to do this in the past in other games.

Lag Issues
If you play someone in bracket and you can't get a game going because of lag issues. Contact a Tournament Organizer(TO) immediately so the bracket can be swapped. (requires both players consent, to avoid people trying to find a "Easier" opponent)

If in a game and someone lags out the winner will be determined by the following.
1.) If it's a mutual server kick, where no one really disconnected but the game ended. (Redo)
2.) If one player actually loses connection aka gets kicked out. 1 Retry

If it happens again it's up to the person who "didn't disconnect" If their opponent deserves a retry. [Be fair about this please, I'd hate to have someone have to babysit matches because of lag issues].

If your opponent is winning and he disconnects. You should be a man, and give them a retry.
If your opponent is losing and he disconnects. you should still be a man and give them a retry.(you don't have to)
But in the end if someone has THAT bad of a connection. then they deserve the loss.
(Once again if this happens, ask a TO they might be able to set you up with someone less-laggy)

^^^^^
This shouldn't be a problem but you never know.

Kombat Kodes are Allowed

No sign of opponent
If this tournament takes place over a long period of time (aka like two weeks or 1 week). Report to TO if they are an hour late.

Once the hour window is gone and you reported to the TO.(This is after a time to meet was agreed upon)
20minutes: Loss of first round
40minutes: Loss of Set

[Note: Post your meeting time on TRMK. so we know both people know the time. Opponent should acknowledge it online as well]

If this is a tournament done in 1day or 2 days. This shouldn't be a problem we would do it standard offline rules.
10 minutes late: Loss of first round
15 minutes late: Loss of Set

Most likely if done in a single day, we'll meet up in a room dedicated to the tournament and attendance will be taken.

Last edited:
Just got off work, Cracked windshield on my truck from a effing pebble. Had to spend an extra 2-3 hours to drive it to Penske.

anyways..

I'll edit this shortly with basic guidelines.

Damn man that sucks.
But whenever you decide to add in the guidelines, that'll be fine.

I can't think of anything else we need added, I was also going to suggest those banned stages.

Are DLC and Kratos available for Tournament, as well?
I know Ames32 uses Kratos quite a bit.

I can't think of anything else we need added, I was also going to suggest those banned stages.

Are DLC and Kratos available for Tournament, as well?
I know Ames32 uses Kratos quite a bit.

It's only banned because in OFFLINE tournaments Xbox players can't get practice.

Everyone playing here plays PS3, so they have no excuse.

I don't think kratos should be banned for this. That should be reserved for offline where it's an unfair advantage against Xbox players.

DLC is currently tournament viable also.

They weren't earlier either because

a.) DLC JUST CAME OUT and they didn't want to allow a character that MIGHT have broken bugs ect ect.
b.)since the last patch, I believe all DLC is allowed since then, even Freddy.

It's only banned because in OFFLINE tournaments Xbox players can't get practice.

Everyone playing here plays PS3, so they have no excuse.

I don't think kratos should be banned for this. That should be reserved for offline where it's an unfair advantage against Xbox players.

Agreed, so Kratos and DLC are in.
Is there anything else you might add?
So, it's double elimination, does that mean when you lose the first time, you get sent into a loser's bracket?

Agreed, so Kratos and DLC are in.
Is there anything else you might add?
So, it's double elimination, does that mean when you lose the first time, you get sent into a loser's bracket?

Yeah everyone gets a second chance so to speak. It's good for lower level players so they aren't out in a single round.

Yeah everyone gets a second chance so to speak. It's good for lower level players so they aren't out in a single round.

Good shape, that'll be good.. just in case someone is having an "off" day, they always have another chance.
So, for lag reducing kombat codes, the 900-900 (No Blood) code is a good one to have, right?
Which leads me to another question, fatalites are allowed right?

Good shape, that'll be good.. just in case someone is having an "off" day, they always have another chance.
So, for lag reducing kombat codes, the 900-900 (No Blood) code is a good one to have, right?
Which leads me to another question, fatalites are allowed right?

Of course fatalities are allowed.

I may not like them and I also think anyone who does them is wasting my time. But I respect that people out there DO LIKE them. It can even work as a taunt on some people to make them nervous(If they get nervous that easily lol)

Also, will 1st round fights be announced the first day of the tournament?

It depends on how Tabb plans on doing it.

If it's a single day, it would just be announced in the chatroom.

if it's over a set period of time (couple weeks give or take), they would be announced in this forum.

ALSO:

@TABB:
what kind of set up were you hoping for, with this tournament? Meet up and do it over a set period of time, or go for an all-day'er.

It depends on how Tabb plans on doing it.

If it's a single day, it would just be announced in the chatroom.

if it's over a set period of time (couple weeks give or take), they would be announced in this forum.

ALSO:

@TABB:
what kind of set up were you hoping for, with this tournament? Meet up and do it over a set period of time, or go for an all-day'er.

I would actually like for us all to do it in one day, but seeing how there are conflicting schedules with some, maybe a week or two spanned out would be easier. What do you think? I think it would be easier that way.

I would actually like for us all to do it in one day, but seeing how there are conflicting schedules with some, maybe a week or two spanned out would be easier. What do you think? I think it would be easier that way.

With a early enough warning anyone can get a day off.

but if it's happening in the next week. Then probably over a 2 week span.

1day is ideal imo. Less hassle if everyone can make it.

Offline tournaments set a date. You show up or you can't. You just make a sadface and say "Maybe next time brother"

It's up to the people entering how bad they want to test their skills.

But yeah.. 1day if possible. set it in the future.

2weeks if happening REAL REAL soon. (because not enough warning to ask for days off)

It's going to be hard for me to get days off for the remainder of the year, seeing as I'm out of days at work, and my girlfriend is gonna need me after she gets out of surgery.

I get out of work at 5pm, and should be home by 6pm.

Any day after work, or even the weekends would be good for me.
I don't mind staying up a little later if we're in different time zones.

With a early enough warning anyone can get a day off.

but if it's happening in the next week. Then probably over a 2 week span.

1day is ideal imo. Less hassle if everyone can make it.

Offline tournaments set a date. You show up or you can't. You just make a sadface and say "Maybe next time brother"

It's up to the people entering how bad they want to test their skills.

But yeah.. 1day if possible. set it in the future.

2weeks if happening REAL REAL soon. (because not enough warning to ask for days off)

Alright, just PM me or send a visitor message on my profile so we can work out

1.) When sign ups can be finalized
2.) Tournament date(s)
and
3.) Brackets for people

or

My Facebook
if you wanna discuss it there.

If it's not too late, sign me up! I may just be a warm-up match for someone, but it should still be fun.

wait idk if they fixed it or not but cyrax and kitana's costumes that allow the bomb trap and the infinite fan combos should also be banned right?