"You Know What's BS?" The Thread

I have Sub-Zero's sercret and classic fatality down pat along with Kano's secret fatality. Other than that Im hopeless lol

If you've got Subzero's Classic, then you got Scorpion's regular fatality too lol.
Cause they're the same input.

Anyways, let me contribute to this thread with some "You know what's BS."
When people always nitpick other people to find a reason to hate them.
It's like they can't ever let some shit just GO!
Ok, so Mr. so and so had red hair and you hate red hair.
Get over it.

Lol let me rephrase that.

I do fatalities to give an example of what happens if a person acts a fool while playing against me. So if they span all match cause they think its cute, Sub-Zero spine rip it is :)

I bet they're real scared of the consequences, ITG.

I really hate when you have a Capri sun and you push the straw in to hard and it makes a hole in the pouch :cry:

You know why tabb is awesome?

He knows I hate fatalities and never does one to me lol. I ALWAYS jab kill. I do know kung Laos babyality though so I can be a dick to a dick.

You know why tabb is awesome?

He knows I hate fatalities and never does one to me lol. I ALWAYS jab kill. I do know kung Laos babyality though so I can be a dick to a dick.

Lol thanks man, yeah I know you hate the fatalities.
I could but I don't, It's a sign of respect and plus I always do the "no blood" code for ya.
I only really use them if I have a match with someone who is a dick the entire time during a KOTH or if I just want to see it (because I haven't seen it in awhile.)
Or if I get fatalitied by someone, I'll do one on the person who did one on me next time.
Me and Ames sometimes do fatalities on each other, but just in good fun.
I prefer low jabs to end a fight, or maybe a nut punch with Johnny Cage if the person spammed the whole time.
Or Johnny's X-ray at the end.. the ultimate taunt.

You Know What's BS #3: Stupid Marketing.

I just was introduced to the TurboGrafix-16 recently, and two things came to mind:

1. Wow, this system really liked their shoot-em-ups.

2. Why didn't this system catch on better than it did?

I guess right now some backstory is needed. If you weren't around during the 16 bit era, you probably don't even know what the TurboGrafix-16 even is. Billed as the first 16-bit system (which it technically wasn't, more on that later), it was launched in the US in 1989 right at the end of the 8 bit era. It's main target at the time was the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis which launched at around the same time. NEC, who made the TG-16, focused it's advertising on being the first 16 bit game system and Sega jumped all over that in their response. As it turned out, the TG-16 was in fact really an 8 bit system at its core that had 16 bit graphics processing (more or less, don't want to get bogged down in the weeds here). Furthermore, the system had been released two years prior in Japan as the PC Engine and was fairly successful as a competitor to the NES. The same strategy was tried in the US, only for Sega to drop the Genesis and show the gaming world what a system with true 16 bit processing was capable of doing.

However, that wasn't even the biggest gaffe made with the system. In Japan, the PC Engine was heavily promoted in major cites. That was smart considering the population distribution there consists of the majority of the population living in or near large cities. The same approach was tried in the States, apparently not realizing that a significantly larger percentage of Americans lived outside major cities in a more spread out manner than Japan. That ended up causing a situation where gamers in large cities like New York, Chicago, and LA were seeing ads for the TG-16 all the time, but if you didn't live in the broadcasting range of those cities you probably wouldn't even know it existed. I only knew of it at the time because when I'd go to the toy store to get the latest Nintendo game, there would be a lonely TG-16 section in the corner. I never heard any promotion for the system or any of the games, and in my 11 year old brain that meant it must suck. What's worse, a lot of the most popular games for the system in Japan were released on the CD add-on for the system, which at the time sold here for $400. Yes, not only did the system cost somewhere around $250-300 at the time, to play the really good games you'd need to pay double that for the CD attachment. Sega was in a far better position in the industry at the time and they couldn't make a CD add-on work, NEC had no chance.

So in summary, you launch a new system and manage to:

1. Market it as something it's not, giving your competitors a huge club to beat you with.
2. Use the same advertising strategy in one country with a more centralized population in another with one nearly three times larger and far more spread out.
3. Make your CD attachment expensive as balls and out of the reach of the folks you need to reach the most.

Honestly though, even if the marketing was done right it still may not have made a difference. Most of the third parties who made games for the PC Engine in Japan also made games for the NES in America, and Nintendo at the time had tight restrictions on their developers. When forced to choose between developing games for the new kid in town or risk pissing off their meal ticket, they (wisely) chose staying with the NES. Strong arm tactics, maybe, but it kept the NES going as a profitable platform until the mid 90s.

I strongly urge everyone who missed out on this lost gem of the early 90s to check it out. There's a couple of emulators out there, some googlfying on the interwebs machine should be able to find out what you need to do to make it happen. What's nice, and considering the story so far a little ironic, is that the NES controller makes a fine stand in for the TG-16 controller should you see fit to revisit some of these classics.

You know what's BS? Tactical lights are BS. And the Sukhoi Su-25 Frogfoot. THAT'S BEE-ESS, MAYN. **** that noise.

I'm beginning to develop a love-hate relationship with Battlefield 3.

My first problem with the game is the fact that when you start out, you've got nothing. Inaccurate weapons with tons of muzzle climb, no extra equipment, and zero useful perks. At game launch, this an even playing field. Not so a few months after the game's release, when everyone and their mother has weapons that are flat out more accurate, longer range, deal more damage, and can blind/stun you. Their vehicles are better equipped, deflect away damage better, and are simply that much harder to kill. It's a wonder anyone sticks around, and a wonder I have for even a few days. You can only get your ass kicked in so many times by players who have all the goodies before feeling that 'enough is enough'. Every time I log into a server, I've got the feeling I've brought a can opener to a guided missile fight.

My other large problem is in a way tied into the first. Team balancing. Not only does this particular title seem to have issues with team balancing in terms of numbers, it has severe problems balancing them in terms of player skill (as measured by what rank they are). You can be in a game that's perfectly fair, numbers-wise, but be getting steamrolled by a group of 7 Colonels and 5 other relatively high-ranking players. The other team will, quite simply, be better, have better weapons and better....everything, really. That's zero fun, and results in rounds that are nowhere near close.

On a more general note:

I'm beginning to lament overall, in most games, the increasing inaccessibility of online multiplayer gaming. While a lot of people (on this board, even), whine and quite frankly, rudely b!tch about games being more 'noob friendly', I feel like it's quite the opposite. I've been playing video games for about as long as I can remember, and it seems to me games are just getting harder and harder to enjoy, especially if you don't have enormous amounts of free time to dedicate to them. The learning curve is steeper, the rewards are fewer, and overall, the attitude has gotten worse. This attitude of "Well, you suck, so you deserve ____/whatever you have coming to you" is just flat-out immature. I'll be the first to admit, I'm terrible at video games. I've never been good at any of the games I've played. I don't know what it is. Maybe my reaction times are slower. Maybe I'm just stupid. Whichever. But guess what? A lot of us are this way, and will never be 't3h elite'. We're cool with that. We don't want to be. What we do want is to be able to enjoy playing games again, and I speak for a lot of people I know when I say that I no longer feel like video games today are accessible to the person of average skill.

It's a shame, really, since people my age were the people who fueled the gaming revolution in the 1990s and helped make the big 'Blockbuster game' what it is today.

I'm beginning to develop a love-hate relationship with Battlefield 3.

My first problem with the game is the fact that when you start out, you've got nothing. Inaccurate weapons with tons of muzzle climb, no extra equipment, and zero useful perks. At game launch, this an even playing field. Not so a few months after the game's release, when everyone and their mother has weapons that are flat out more accurate, longer range, deal more damage, and can blind/stun you. Their vehicles are better equipped, deflect away damage better, and are simply that much harder to kill. It's a wonder anyone sticks around, and a wonder I have for even a few days. You can only get your ass kicked in so many times by players who have all the goodies before feeling that 'enough is enough'. Every time I log into a server, I've got the feeling I've brought a can opener to a guided missile fight.

My other large problem is in a way tied into the first. Team balancing. Not only does this particular title seem to have issues with team balancing in terms of numbers, it has severe problems balancing them in terms of player skill (as measured by what rank they are). You can be in a game that's perfectly fair, numbers-wise, but be getting steamrolled by a group of 7 Colonels and 5 other relatively high-ranking players. The other team will, quite simply, be better, have better weapons and better....everything, really. That's zero fun, and results in rounds that are nowhere near close.

On a more general note:

I'm beginning to lament overall, in most games, the increasing inaccessibility of online multiplayer gaming. While a lot of people (on this board, even), whine and quite frankly, rudely b!tch about games being more 'noob friendly', I feel like it's quite the opposite. I've been playing video games for about as long as I can remember, and it seems to me games are just getting harder and harder to enjoy, especially if you don't have enormous amounts of free time to dedicate to them. The learning curve is steeper, the rewards are fewer, and overall, the attitude has gotten worse. This attitude of "Well, you suck, so you deserve ____/whatever you have coming to you" is just flat-out immature. I'll be the first to admit, I'm terrible at video games. I've never been good at any of the games I've played. I don't know what it is. Maybe my reaction times are slower. Maybe I'm just stupid. Whichever. But guess what? A lot of us are this way, and will never be 't3h elite'. We're cool with that. We don't want to be. What we do want is to be able to enjoy playing games again, and I speak for a lot of people I know when I say that I no longer feel like video games today are accessible to the person of average skill.

It's a shame, really, since people my age were the people who fueled the gaming revolution in the 1990s and helped make the big 'Blockbuster game' what it is today.

I share your exact sentiments.
I hate online games because lately it's become more about who has the biggest e-penis, and not about just enjoying the game.
Online gaming communities have become a rotting cesspool of shit.

I share your exact sentiments.
I hate online games because lately it's become more about who has the biggest e-penis, and not about just enjoying the game.
Online gaming communities have become a rotting cesspool of shit.

Omg.. Yes. dont even get me started on the PC Elitist Douches. :mad:

People that think America has an earthquake machine and are responsible for natural disasters round the world including the Japan earthquake. I wish I was making this up but this person is found here.

People that think America has an earthquake machine and are responsible for natural disasters round the world including the Japan earthquake. I wish I was making this up but this person is found here.

For real? That's about as asinine as when people were saying it was 'payback for Pearl Harbor'. Man, when I heard that, I was glad it wasn't anyone I actually knew.

Go the "Iraq War" thread in the debate section.

Im wondering if the guy is a troll because at 27, I don't know how anyone could believe Obama had something to do with the Japan earthquake like this guy does.

For all I know he's some nut from Arkansas with a shed full of guns.

I think he's more than likely a huge conspiracy nut.

But "Earthquake Machine" is probably the dumbest and funniest thing i've seen anyone exclaim on the internet for quite some time.

EDIT: http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/26231-Iraq-War

It's there. MkScorpion. He talks about this, and Fema Camps, Revelations (Bible stuff), nWo and more.

Oh...wow.

Wall o' texr? Check.
Bad grammar? Check.
Incorrect spelling? Check.
Conspiracy theories? Check.
"Persecuted Christianity Syndrome"? Check.

Either a troll, or certifiably insane. Worthy of public shaming/rotten e-cabbages in my book. Where's a stockade? :D