The Saddest Songs Ever

I'd just play this while walking through the woods at night back on my grandpa's land in the countryside. Brings me back to feeling isolated and sad, but I liked it. Have loved this band for a long time, and I respect Battle Scarz on TRMK for liking them too

I don't know why this song makes me feel a little...little emotional. I bought this album at a pawn shop for $3 so many years ago, never listened to it until last year on a trip from South Dakota to Minnesota. This song makes me always thinks of driving 7 hours through the prairie. Should have been there!

I don't think the eagles intended for this to be a sad song

but i started listening to it just a lil bit before i left FL to move back to VA, so every time i hear it it makes me depressed

but as someone already mentioned 'tears in heaven' by Clapton is so sad because he wrote that after his son died

Felt so hollow the first time I heard this song.
Even still, this will make me a little sad when I hear it:

These songs are dedicated to Maynard's mother who spent 27 years (which is approximately 10,000 days) paralyzed from a stroke before she passed away.

I teared up at that one... because Pearl Jam butchered a classic.

Meh... The original was good, but I liked the Pearl Jam rendition of it, just as well.
Just because something is over 25 years old, doesn't automatically make it "classic."

Meh... The original was good, but I liked the Pearl Jam rendition of it, just as well.
Just because something is over 25 years old, doesn't automatically make it "classic."

I never said anything was automatic. I actually knew of the original version prior to Pearl Jam's version, and I think Pearl Jam's version was horrible. We all have our own opinions.

Lead guitarist Synyster Gates originally wrote this about a deceased relative of his, but before the band recorded the Nightmare album, drummer Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan died of an accidental drug overdose, which completely changed the meaning of this song.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Lead guitarist Synyster Gates originally wrote this about a deceased relative of his, but before the band recorded the Nightmare album, drummer Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan died of an accidental drug overdose, which completely changed the meaning of this song.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Hm good song.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Blink-182 - Adam's Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MRdtXWcgIw&sns=em released on 2000 but I actually paid attention to it around 03-04, during a kind of crossroads moment of my life, where everything could have gone to sh*t or gotten better. Luckily for me it got better, and that song played its part on helping me, I still get teary-eyed listening to it, a mixture of nostalgia, sadness, but also some happiness because unlike the song's protagonist character, I have managed to pull myself together.