Looking for an efficient cheat for Mortal Kombat 2

empollon

A friendly hallo to all,

I know the "cheat" AICULEDSSUL for "Mortal Kombat 2" (PC - DOS game). Everybody tells this would work with this DOS version but it does not.

What I am doing wrong? I should write this at the text screen - I have give it a try by pressing Alt+P for pause and then writing. And when this is done pressing F9 - I repeat: this cheat does not work with "Mortal Kombat 2" (PC - DOS game)!

Does anybody know how this (or another) cheat works properly?

Many thanks in advance for help.

You need to to it during the opening credits part, and then hit F9 when the Acclaim logo pops up. If you're pausing before you do it, that may be why it doesn't work.

Also there's only a DOS version of MK2 PC, back when the game came out in 1996 there weren't any native Windows games like there are now. It was all DOS based.

(fights back repressed memories of having to do special config files for every PC game back then)

Thanks for your reply sek.

This is what I mean - the cheat does not work either I pause the game and type the cheat or if I type it very quickly at the text screen - it does not seem to work.

Perhaps I am using the wrong version of the game? May I ask you what kind of version do you got? My version is the 1.97.

Try running the game under DOSBox and slowing the emulation down. That should giver you enough time to input the code

Try running the game under DOSBox and slowing the emulation down. That should giver you enough time to input the code

Never thought of that, but this might help your issue. Friend of mine at work was having problems running 90s PC games on modern PCs, slowing the emulation down just might do the trick since otherwise the game's probably running too fast for you to be able to input the code in enough time.