thinking about trying a few new characters

newbie1556

i am not good with Raiden, Mileena, Shang Tsung, Kabal or Quan Chi

pretty much me and my brother are picking 10 characters each that are ours and so far i have picked

sektor
sonya
cage
ermac
kano
noob
cyber sub

but i am unsure of who else i should pick and my main choices are between the ones i picked at the top

my brother has so far picked
smoke
reptile
scorpion

so pretty much which characters that i am deciding between work best against my brothers characters and which characters that i am thinking about picking have the most potential?

sorry if i asked too much im just wondering my playstyle is usually attack fast and hard so nothing too technical though i do adjust my style depending on the character i am using

thank you for any replies

EDIT: keep in mind i do not have any of the DLC characters

Uh...

Ermac is really simple to play, So is Noob. But both do take alot of reading/understanding. As they are played differently. Noob isn't much of a "attack fast" up close guy.

Instead of finding ways to beat your brother. you guys should be teaming up to help eachother learn/get better.

Help eachother beat eachother. So your game can improve. IF you notice your brother having problems with something, give him advice. And if you have problems with your brothers strategies ask him how he thinks you can get around it.

Sonya-cyber sub(cuz of negative edge for CSZ) are technical.

Cage is a upclose fighter, he takes a bit of learning, but ultimately he's not TOO technical.

Uh...

Ermac is really simple to play, So is Noob. But both do take alot of reading/understanding. As they are played differently. Noob isn't much of a "attack fast" up close guy.

Instead of finding ways to beat your brother. you guys should be teaming up to help eachother learn/get better.

Help eachother beat eachother. So your game can improve. IF you notice your brother having problems with something, give him advice. And if you have problems with your brothers strategies ask him how he thinks you can get around it.

Sonya-cyber sub(cuz of negative edge for CSZ) are technical.

Cage is a upclose fighter, he takes a bit of learning, but ultimately he's not TOO technical.
me and my brother are having a bit of competition though we do help each other, i just helped him through a fight in story mode but there is nothing wrong with some competition and sorry if i put it wrong the characters i am unsure about are Raiden, Mileena, Shang Tsung, Kabal and Quan Chi

me and my brother are having a bit of competition though we do help each other, i just helped him through a fight in story mode but there is nothing wrong with some competition and sorry if i put it wrong the characters i am unsure about are Raiden, Mileena, Shang Tsung, Kabal and Quan Chi

Kabal and Shang are kind of technical. I don't know about quan chi. I think you can handle raiden/mileena with enough practice.

it all depends on what's your playstyle. is rushing down your game or is zoning your game? since u have chosen cage and sonya as some of your characters, then I guess rushdown is your game. if that's the case, I would recommend liu kang. he is a monster when he gets in and has frame traps, fast attacks, low and high combo starters and a fireball. he's also a good defensive character since two of his main "get the **** off me" specials have armor when enhanced and he has a parry. not to mention he is a pretty damn good zoner.

and I highly recommend not to give up on mileena. she isn't too hard to learn and is a complete monster once you undertsand her, especially if you know her reset

10 characters each??

How are you going to learn anything in-depth if you have so many mains.

I see you have Sonya, CSZ and Sektor on there. They aren't characters you can just walk into, they need practice. All three though are pretty beastly once you start to get a feel for them.

Perhaps you should pick one zoner, one rush-down and a jack of all trades.

For instance you could pick Noob Saibot, Night Wolf and Sonya to main. You have one character in each category and you'll start to feel which play style you like the most.

for rushdown in no order' jax, cage, liu, kang-
keepaway noob, sektor, kitana, kabal
slime tier' reptile' mileena' raiden (these 3 are good at most things bad at none)
anti rushdown'--- kenshi, nightwolf, smoke
hope this helped:)

thank you very much everyone i'll so all that i am a rushdown character for the most part but i can zone if i need to, thanks again cant wait to actually complete my team instead of being unsure