Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: What is Armageddon?

  1. #1
    Lin Kuei Assassin Flying Jinko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Shujinko's Beard
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,909
    Thanked: 340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    What is Armageddon?

    I always been wondering what 'Armageddon' in the events of MKA was. Has it already begun before the battle at the Pyramid of Argus? Or perhaps it is battle at the pyramid? Or will it get unleashed by the last warrior surviving after the battle? What do you guys think?

  2. #2
    Trolling You For Fun & Profit TaBB3rnackle92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,444
    PSN
    Indigokick
    Thanked: 37
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: What is Armageddon?

    I think it's the epic battle between all the Kombatants.
    The sheer intensity of everyone battling everyone created the Armageddon.
    Just my take on it, though.

  3. #3
    Defender of EarthRealm iViTal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mileena
    Posts
    7,303
    Twitter
    @Torey_17
    PSN
    _iApollos
    Steam
    iReality35
    Thanked: 568
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)

    Re: What is Armageddon?

    Every Kombatant chose a side. The forces of light or the forces of darkness or evil(One of the two). Then Blaze appeared and everyone fought for the power of Blaze. Then they all died except for Kahn and Raiden. Raiden and Kahn battle then the mental message thingy and next thing y'know were in MK9 :D

    "I Make Violence Look Good"

  4. #4
    Elder God Commander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Karnaca, Serkonos
    Posts
    14,106
    PSN
    Araknyd03
    Thanked: 2901
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)

    Re: What is Armageddon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Jinko View Post
    I always been wondering what 'Armageddon' in the events of MKA was. Has it already begun before the battle at the Pyramid of Argus? Or perhaps it is battle at the pyramid? Or will it get unleashed by the last warrior surviving after the battle? What do you guys think?
    All of the above.

    The preparation to Armageddon began in the events of MK 1 thru 3 (which MK9 shows us).
    The battle at the Pyramid of Argus was Armageddon itself.
    And finally, the aftermath of Armageddon is what is done by the last warrior surviving.

    The aftermath can be either good or bad, depending on who is the last warrior standing.
    As we saw in MK9, the Armageddon aftermath in the hands of someone like Shao Kahn is VERY dangerous.
    On the other hand, in the hands of a more noble warrior like Liu Kang, Armageddon aftermath may have a more positive outcome.

  5. #5
    Defender of EarthRealm iViTal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mileena
    Posts
    7,303
    Twitter
    @Torey_17
    PSN
    _iApollos
    Steam
    iReality35
    Thanked: 568
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)

    Re: What is Armageddon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Araknyd_Commander View Post
    All of the above.

    The preparation to Armageddon began in the events of MK 1 thru 3 (which MK9 shows us).
    The battle at the Pyramid of Argus was Armageddon itself.
    And finally, the aftermath of Armageddon is what is done by the last warrior surviving.

    The aftermath can be either good or bad, depending on who is the last warrior standing.
    As we saw in MK9, the Armageddon aftermath in the hands of someone like Shao Kahn is VERY dangerous.
    On the other hand, in the hands of a more noble warrior like Liu Kang, Armageddon aftermath may have a more positive outcome.
    So kahn had the power of blaze?

    "I Make Violence Look Good"

  6. #6
    Elder God Commander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Karnaca, Serkonos
    Posts
    14,106
    PSN
    Araknyd03
    Thanked: 2901
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)

    Re: What is Armageddon?

    Quote Originally Posted by iViTal View Post
    So kahn had the power of blaze?
    According to MK9 Story Mode, it seems that he acquired it somehow.

  7. #7
    New Kombatant Khristianity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    27
    Posts
    81
    Twitter
    @Oracleofblood
    Xbox Live
    DSB Raijin
    PSN
    Oracle-of-Blood
    Steam
    Oracleofblood
    Thanked: 5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What is Armageddon?

    I would really like to know how though, because when Shang Stung was battling Shao Kahn on the pyramid, Onaga took Shao Kahn away. And then Taven defeated Blaze, yet somehow Shao Kahn ended back up at the top with Raiden and Taven was nowhere to be seen.


  8. #8
    Lin Kuei Assassin Flying Jinko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Shujinko's Beard
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,909
    Thanked: 340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Khristianity View Post
    I would really like to know how though, because when Shang Stung was battling Shao Kahn on the pyramid, Onaga took Shao Kahn away. And then Taven defeated Blaze, yet somehow Shao Kahn ended back up at the top with Raiden and Taven was nowhere to be seen.
    Whoa Khristianity!! A blast from the past, welcome back man.

    And yea, I too would like to know exactly how it happened. I am guessing it may be somewhat like Taven's MKA ending where even after defeating Blaze, instead of stripping the warriors of their powers, it fueled them more. Also Shao Kahn would have easily defeated Onaga (since he no longer has the kamidogu powering him) and somehow made his way back to the pyramid and defeated the remaining warriors.

  9. #9
    Lin Kuei Assassin ByrdBrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    somwhere
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,255
    PSN
    [IAM]The_Outkast_92
    Thanked: 297
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

    Re: What is Armageddon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Jinko View Post
    Whoa Khristianity!! A blast from the past, welcome back man.

    And yea, I too would like to know exactly how it happened. I am guessing it may be somewhat like Taven's MKA ending where even after defeating Blaze, instead of stripping the warriors of their powers, it fueled them more. Also Shao Kahn would have easily defeated Onaga (since he no longer has the kamidogu powering him) and somehow made his way back to the pyramid and defeated the remaining warriors.
    Im thinkin along those lines as well but the more interesting question for me is whats the status of Liu Kang's spirit after the events of Armageddon

  10. #10
    Kombatant CF7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    140
    Thanked: 5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What is Armageddon?

    [Fanfic time right here!]I like to imagine something on these lines happened:

    (Taven): I finally completed my task...
    (Raiden): But at which cost...?

    Both look down, and see a trail of death...when, suddenly, Onaga's body falls on the opposite side of the pyramid. When they turn around to see it, a falling Shao Kahn surprises Raiden blowing Taven's head up with his hammer, and then hits Raiden on his ribs, sending him flying to a corner. And then...*MK2011 intro*

  11. #11
    Hollywood Superstar Noob Saibot 2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Penicuik, Scotland, UK
    Age
    36
    Posts
    827
    Xbox Live
    Black103
    PSN
    Mortal2012
    Thanked: 16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What is Armageddon?

    Pretty strange but amazing how we are currently back to square one in MK but armageddon happened. god knows where MK10 will land us

  12. #12
    Shaolin Monk pimppaperclip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mitch Again
    Posts
    1,098
    Twitter
    @pimppaperclip
    Xbox Live
    d DerpyHooves d
    PSN
    Xbox all day everyday
    Steam
    pimppaperclip
    Thanked: 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What is Armageddon?

    Armageddon is a very nice, chill female user on this site

    Team More-Back-Nackle for LIFE

  13. #13
    Lin Kuei Assassin Flying Jinko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Shujinko's Beard
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,909
    Thanked: 340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by pimppaperclip View Post
    Armageddon is a very nice, chill female user on this site
    LOL, I was expecting this.

  14. #14
    New Kombatant sMOoie1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Fear of The dark is fear of the cold,,Champion of Ice_Freeze;)
    Posts
    14
    Twitter
    @joerdin1986
    Xbox Live
    sM0oie1 - my aging clock
    PSN
    never
    Steam
    Yes
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What is Armageddon?

    actually the last armageddon took place in mk:trilogy,,so Mk:A,,should be called,,mk:a:trilogy 2,,,p

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What you LIKE about MK: Armageddon
    By Jeff Greeson in forum Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-16-2011, 09:46 PM
  2. Who has Armageddon?
    By Lovelyred in forum Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-28-2008, 01:25 AM
  3. Who has MK: Armageddon?
    By Lovelyred in forum Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-15-2006, 10:51 AM
  4. More Armageddon
    By MKRayden in forum Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-04-2006, 09:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •