50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

Shirayuki Mizore

After completely failing with 50 Cent: Bulletproof, 50 decided to come out with another game. Oh god....

Anyway, I was in Gamestop and I had 30 bucks. I saw 50 Cent BoTS (Blood on the Sand) and I purchased it since nothing cool was out. I took the game home and started to play.

First off, the story is simple. 50 performed a concert in the Middle East and he got paid with a diamond incrusted skull. Then he got ambushed and it got stolen by this girl. 50 proceeds to pursue the skull cause he wants his pay, and no one takes his pay.

Okay so I thought the plot was funny but too simple. Anyway this is what I have to say about the game:

Pros:
-The counter kills are badass. I love quicktime events and killing any enemy with them is sweet.
-I like how you can play as G Unit.
-The game has enough weapons to keep you shooting
-I love how the game is full of 50 Cent music
-The coop works very nicely
-The cutscenes are good enough to get by
-Good Gears of War type cover system
-They have things to look for like targets and posters, motivating you to replay levels

Cons:
-The facial animations suck. When 50 talks his mouth doesn't even move. He just has a constant o_o face. Stupid.
-Why is there no local coop? Only xbox live/psn coop is available which really annoys me.
-The graphics could have been better, especially on 50 himself. He looks great in cutscenes but horrible in gameplay.
-The environments and objectives can get repetitive. There is no strategy, just kill everyone.
-There are a few boss fights......they are all helicopters. Lame.
-No competitive multiplayer. I expected some since it has the Gears-like cover system.

So in all I give it a 8/10 because the shooting, cover system, and music make up for the cons. The counter kills and gunfights will take your mind off the repetitive gameplay on the first playthrough but you will probably only want to play the game with a friend. I recommend the game for some laughs and fun gameplay, not for the more serious gamers.

Now go unleash your inner gangsta :cool:

I could think of a lot of other games I'd rather spend 30 quid on. 50 cent used to live nearby. Yet another 'I'm too cool for NYC' cadet driving up our cost-of-living.

I'm actually kind of shocked there was a 2nd 50 Cent game.

I could think of a lot of other games I'd rather spend 30 quid on.

Well it's probably 20 now so it's not a bad deal for a simple shoot-em-up. But still of course there are much better games out there. I just got it to try something different

LOL This x1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Who the hell thought that would be a good idea?

Well they thought right. I've sold many games and 50 Cent has never left me.

I dunno. Maybe I hate on it because A) they've been reviewed pretty poorly and B) I hate it when media publishers cater to or elevate this stupid 'thug lyfe'/gangsta idea. It's pretty gross as far as I'm concerned.

But with PSN and stuff out there and the plethora of great older games you can snag for next to nothing, even $20 bucks is a bit much.

I've been meaning to get this monstrosity for a while now. It's cheesy in the best possible ways. It's all based around him trying to get some stupid looking diamond encrusted skull back? Sign me up lol.