Rage

I've been reading reviews and heard it is a good game and I want to get it, but I've also heard that it has a terrible ending. I hope this isn't true because this game looked very promising.

And also one of the biggest disgraces in the last couple of years as far as PC gaming goes. I've never expected such a bug-ridden and unoptimized release, least of all coming from id Software. Gunplay looks fun but I'm yet to experience it first hand, either beacause of terrible FPS and texture loading times far worse than anything ever seen on UE3 or because of freezing that makes you wonder if the game's running at all. Great job, sellouts...

^^Your PC meets the minimum hardware requirements right? Or is it honestly a poorly optimized game like you say? I want it but I'll wait for a nice little price drop

Ign is saying that most of the bugs are because of the type of video card some people are playing on. And its mostly enviroment popping and textures looking weird when you're moving in the enviroment. Not great but not game breaking. If I do get it it will be on PS3 though.

To Shang - yes! and go for the XBox!
Generally, the textures should ONLY make problems if your CPU is dated/dual core, but that's not the case. Bethesda blames it on the drivers, which even now are not entirely functional, the game doesn't make a cache folder, sometimes there are graphical glitches. In my case it's a perfectly playable game running at 60FPS... when it's not frozen. And the new patch doesn't make things any better. I just hope that id learn their lesson and next time they test the game on an average machine, rather than on Carmack's twenty-four threaded piece of top-secret technology.

Last edited:
Runs great on my PS3 but I sucked at first cause they don't explain the weapon system at all such as assigning what weapons you use but later I figured it out lol

Goddamn it lol I was about to make this thread.
Anyways, I LOVE this game!!
I highly recommend it for console players (heard bad shit about it for PC)
there's a Fallout 3 reference kinda early on in the game
Spoiler:
Fallout 3 Pip-boy Bobble head on a Mayor's desk

And the weapons!
Word to the wise, wingsticks are your best friend. Stock up on those.

On the fence about getting this game?
Just go for it and buy it, trust me :cool:

Unfortunately I have no idea of knowing :laugh:
Because I have never played those games
I'm sure they are there though

You have never played Wolfenstein? Doom? Quake?

super-slow-mo-slap-o.gif

Damn I wish I saw this first time through. This makes my heart skip with happiness. This is sooo cool.

*Little spoiler*

Either way back to you Tabb, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Haha, wow!
That is so awesome, I gotta go back and get that from that room.
I totally did not see that, I wonder how anyone found out about that :laugh: