Points in Ranked Matches

FatalityRay90

this may be a dumb question lol. I recently just started doing ranked since I'm tired of demolishing players in player matches and I noticed that there's a point system. what exactly are you getting points for? also, I have over 2000 points and I've noticed that the top players (who I've beaten several times and don't need to be up there) have around 1500-1700. I'm in the top 100 and only few of the top 100 players have 2000 or more points. is it the higher the better or the lower the better? does it have anything to do with my record? I'm confused...

Last edited:
it's posted in mk 2011 forum, but are you talking about mk9 or mkak?
it sounds like mkak to me so i'll try to explain for it:
you can win for example 30 points, 5, 1 or nothing. it depends in the diferences in the scores between players. if you have 2000 and your oponent 1300 you probably will be getting 0 point for winning but if you lose your oponent will get a lot, i'm not sure but close to 30
it's around 700 of diference (in your favor) when you start getting 0 points for victory

it's posted in mk 2011 forum, but are you talking about mk9 or mkak?
it sounds like mkak to me so i'll try to explain for it:
you can win for example 30 points, 5, 1 or nothing. it depends in the diferences in the scores between players. if you have 2000 and your oponent 1300 you probably will be getting 0 point for winning but if you lose your oponent will get a lot, i'm not sure but close to 30
it's around 700 of diference (in your favor) when you start getting 0 points for victory

i was talkin about mk9 lol. sorry for the misunderstanding

LOL at the phrase, "try hards". It can be translated to "I cant beat them so they must be try hards".

Seriously though, dumbest gaming term ever.

LOL at the phrase, "try hards". It can be translated to "I cant beat them so they must be try hards".

Seriously though, dumbest gaming term ever.

It depends how it is interpreted.

When I say try hards I mean the guys who try TOO hard to win. Their only satisfaction comes by winning.

ok. when playing MORTAL KOMBAT (NOT MKAK) and when you check your leaderboards for Ranked Matches, it shows your name, your rank, your record, the amount of games played, your best win streak and POINTS. what do the points mean and how do you get them?!

I havn't played online in maybe a couple of weeks, but wasn't that space at the far right for your trueskill level?