Sonic the Hedgehog

all i know is that they better bring back "star light" "scrap brain" and "spring yard" back those are my favs

Don't hold your breath; that's the final level list, unfortunately (it was originally leaked back when the demo came out). Unless they have some extra ones they've managed to hide away from us, 3 per era is all we're getting.

I do have big hopes for DLC, though. I'd really love to see Hydrocity or Ice Cap (especially since the level list skips over Sonic 3) in addition to countless other Genesis zones. Plus, since they have the Metal Sonic battle taking place in the same area as the Sonic CD battle, they can do a full-blown Stardust Speedway without having to create new assets.

Sonic 2 for Sega Genesis. Best sonic game ever made. Everything was perfect in that game. Better than the first in every way such as level design, and Tails was the perfect sidekick. That game still remains one of my all time favorites and that era of sonic is my favorite. Chemical Plant Zone is probably the greatest sonic level ever made.

as for the newer games. Sonic Adventure 1 was my favorite game. But the more I think about it, it's really the last of the "Old" Sonic games.Sonic may have gotten a taller redesign, but It was the last game to give off the old school sonic feel. It was the last game when they called him "Robotnik" and the city overworld, and even music give off an old school feel.

Dont get me wrong, I still like Sonic Adventure 2, but that was the beggining where the series started to go downhill. Not gameplay wise, but Shadow was an annoying and cliche character that geared the series toward a downward spiral of predictable emo plots and such. If he would have died like you thought at the end of SA2, then I wouldnt have a problem, but they use him in so many games now its just annoying. And they just started adding so many new characters after this and it became tiring. But oh well, I just explained the goods of sonic, no need for me to rant on the bad.

Worst sidekick ever

Chara_chip.gif

Fruitiest name, accent, story & appearance.
Unleashed would have been a much better game without him.

not even removing him could have saved Sonic Unleashed. The game fails for many reasons. Such as the horrible way to do missions around the city, but mostly the werewolf levels were garbage

But I will admit. The Normal fast paced running levels were great. Its just a shame there barely were any of these levels

Thats true, and the absolutely dreadful platforming in the night levels didn't help either.

But like I said earlier, upgrading the werehog's combos & strength enough made those levels pretty bearable, almost fun.
Tearing though a entire room of enemies is quite satisfying.

But hands down, there was no saving Sonic & the Secret Rings.
Had a great theme with "His World", but everything else was terrible.

terrible or not, the series has always had good music. From the Genesis tunes, to the rock songs of the newer games.

Sonic 2 will always be my favorite main series Sonic game for some reason. I also love Sonic Spinball. They don't make games like that one anymore. I believe I beat it precisely ONCE. That game was epic hard.

Oh man. luck you! I think that Sonic Spinball was the ONLY Sonic game that I have NEVER beaten! Its so damn fun, but so F'n HARD! Epically hard, as you put it

Cheers

:p

Worst sidekick ever

Chara_chip.gif

Fruitiest name, accent, story & appearance.
Unleashed would have been a much better game without him.

Better than ****ing Omochao. God damn it I hate Omochao. I mean, chao are cute diversions from the main game, fine, but Omochao? Stab me in the balls with a VMU shard. They brought him back for Generations, too. The ****. They won't let you throw his ass this time either.

I thought Unleashed rocked, anyway. There were a shitload of unlockable daytime stages, even though several were total dicks, and I actually found the Werehog levels enjoyable the first time through (albeit tedious to revisit).

Oh man. luck you! I think that Sonic Spinball was the ONLY Sonic game that I have NEVER beaten! Its so damn fun, but so F'n HARD! Epically hard, as you put it

Cheers

:p

Luck has nothing to do with it son... oh wait, we're talking about Sonic Spinball... nvm

bbblp and Sky your both on point, but Sky, Eggman was only originally called Robotnik here, in Japan, he was always "Eggman".

@Josegtx- 60 bucks.

Other than Sonic and Robotnik, definitely keep Team Chaotix, Amy, Metal Sonic and of course, Tails and Knuckles.

Axe Shadow, he was cool in SA2 but after that he got annoying. I think I would've liked Shadow if he weren't neutral/a ****in' anti-hero (one of the most overrated archetypes ever, IMO). They should've given him a strict alignment and made him more like Espio (or Vegeta, I don't mind Shadow being more like him, either), but since we have Espio now, we don't need Shadow anymore.

Burn Silver, Big and Chip and the other hosts of character introduced in the Modern Era.

Rouge I guess could make future appearances because Knuckles only gets the spotlight when she's around. Plus, I really liked her in SA2 when Lani Minella voiced her. Don't put too much emphasis on her, though.

Also, this'll never come true... but I'd love to see Scratch and Grounder make their way into the games.

Also, BRING BACK THE ****ING CHAO GARDEN, SONIC TEAM. I can't stress how fun that was in SA2.

@DCR- Sky Sanctuary looks so amazing in that vid, but dude, have you seen Seaside Hill? It not looks gorgeous, it has elements of Hydrocity Zone, Ocean Palace and Labyrinth Zone in it, too. That's probably going to be my favorite stage other than Speed Highway, City Escape and Chemical Plant.

Lastly, as DLC, I hope they give us Ice Cap Zone from Sonic 3, Metal Harbor from SA2, and Egg Fleet from Heroes.

Spoiler:
Perfect Chaos and Speed Highway got confirmed for Generations. Aww hell yeah. :cool:

I may try to get both the 360 and the 3DS versions but I'm really starting to get disappointed with the 3DS version.

@sek- I prefer the ending version:

Last edited:
Spoiler:
Perfect Chaos is coming back?!?

Time to rage with a smile on my face :cool:

Also I'd like to see more robo animal enemies like from the older games..
Tired of Robotnik's constant clones in every level.

The story is a problem too lately.
They need to tone it down. Go back to when Sonic's biggest worry was saving his animal friends.
Not falling in love with some Arabian chick.

& chili dogs, bring those mother****ers back!

@DCR: I too hated Omachao, his voice was like nails on a chalkboard. But Chip is still my most hated due to him plaguing the story with his presence.

Sonic is a very picky subject for most fans :laugh:

Last edited:
I forgot.. I have played two other sonic games other than 2 and Adventure:

They were fun but I never beat them :(

I honestly want future games to take inspiration from AoSTH.

That series is in my Top 5 favorite cartoons ever.

Make the stories more simple, lighthearted and cartoony, yes, I agree, Sektor. Go back to focusing on the brotherly relationship between Sonic and Tails, but give Knuckles more of the spotlight he deserves. Chili dogs would be dope, too :cool:

I ****ing LOVE Knuckles. THAT'S MAH HOMIE RIGHT THURR

My favourite game, though, will forever be Sonic 2. So many memories....I remember finally getting to Sky Chase Zone and my mom let my brother and I stay home from school so we could finish the game, lol, it was awesome.

BEST SONIC SONG EVER

Also: