The TRMK XBL MK 9 Tournament October 2011

aw man, guess I have to wait till next weekend to play ivital because I believe he can only play on weekends.

Saix, I didn't realise that iVital had limited game playing time. He did PM me yesterday and I said that it was okay if you two went ahead, so...did you?

@GUTZ when we last played, you got the win on me. You have a pretty good corner pressure game. I'm certain Round 2 will start soon enough!

@St3rling, you have a PM!

Just two games of Round 1 left. Looks like Jbell0 and Zoid will be good to go soon, just waiting on Wushu and Bon now.

Once those are done and dusted, i'll start to draft up the Losers Bracket and i'll annotate the Tournament Bracket.

T-Ca$h, a couple other people have come to me since this has started.

I'm happy to do another one in the future. Maybe i'll modify the rules a tad next time, get some feedback, etc.

Damn, I really, REALLY wish there was a way to play, across platforms. XBL and PS3...could easily get a 32 man tournie going.

Bon3s, schedule a date and time as soon as you can.

EDIT: Just got in touch with bon3s. We will be playing tomorrow afternoon.

Last edited:
Me and bon3s just played.

I won 2 - 0.

The first match was Sektor vs. Kitana. He had really good combos going but I came out on top with the trusty TUs.
Second match it was Jade vs. Kitana and he got amazing corner combos in but I still won through EX boomerangs and overheads.

Great games bon3s!

Just one match left to conduct of Round 1

Saix and iVital already played their second round game due to limited time iVital can be on, and iVital is already in the final.

Nice going guys. With a bit of luck, Round 1 will be finished this time tomorrow, then Round 2 can get under way in full as well as the beginning of the Losers Bracket. Bon, i'll be moving you to the Losers Bracket.

Saix, keep tuned, as i've designed the Losers bracket so that people losing in Round 2 of the original Tournie, will face the winners of Round 1 of the losers bracket, if that makes sense?

For instance, you will likely face n195v or fr stack.

Dirge, im going to see if GUTZ wouldn't mind recording some of the other games. Hopefully it wont be too much of a hassle and he can get on in a KOH or whatever.

Adding some videos to this thread would really be the icing on the cake.

I wish I had a chance to play around with this Challonge website as well. You can do some really elaborate, fancy stuff with the brackets.

I'm more than happy to do something like this again in the future though guys! Just let me know. I'll get some feedback as well, so in the event of another tournie, we can improve upon this one.

EDIT: I've updated the opening post with all the results so far. Once the final match of Round 1 is concluded, i'll attach a JPEG which should be a lot easier to view this time. For now i've provided a link so you can see how it is all going.

Last edited:
Add me on XBL if you want me to record your fights. My tag is the same except the o is a zero. I'm pretty much always available...

If you have a way to record your own videos by all means do it. I was offering to record the fights of folks without camcorders.

Guys im going up to London straight from work tomorrow, so I probably wont be around much.

Kinda thought the first round would be done by now, but I did give a time frame. Anywho, I have something semi done for the losers bracket, so by Friday we may be able to get the next part of the tournie underway.

Looking forward to the vids of Jbell0 and Zoid!

Jbell, will tomorrow at 6:00 CST work for you? I waited until about 5:30 today and you hadnt accepted my friend request, and I have a boatload of homework. If I get on tonight and you are on, we will fight then. Otherwise unless you have a problem with it 6:00 tomorrow should be a good time.