Attention Dead Space Fans- Dead Space 3 Plot details!

kylerandom199

Now, before I type anything, let this serve as a warning: this thread/post will be FILLED with spoilers related to DS3 and/ or the Dead Space series. If you have not completed the first two Dead Space games, BEWARE!

Regarding this, this is in fact a leak. The source I am getting my information from is eurogamer.net, which I will post the link to in a minute for the article. However, this stuff is everywhere and is not limited to one report, so I hold it credible. Furthermore, it is credible because EA has not yet said a word on the matter of this leak, so it means the information is most likely true or fairly accurate.

Here's the link: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-26-first-dead-space-3-details-report

FINAL WARNING FOR SPOILERS: the next paragraph contains a summarized plot from the leak. Again, major spoiler alert!

(*SPOILERS*)Essentially, foollowing the conclusion of DS2, as many of you know, Isaac and Ellie are seen flying off in their spacecraft. In DS3, Isaac and Ellie have mey complications and have crash landed on a frozen planet called Tau Volantis. Isaac is seperated from Ellie and believes he is the only survivor, so he sets out to find help. He comes across an abandoned waystation where he meets another survivor who informs him that a small group of people survived the crash, including Ellie, have gone out searching for a facility of some sort.

All the survivors meet later and a new character called Jennifer is introduced who is trying to reverse engineer a mysterious piece of technology created by a group called Rosetta. From here, the plot and details are thin. Reports also show that the trio( I'm assuming Isaac, Ellie and Jennifer) are climbing a mountain at one point while being pursued by an unseen foe, and a new twist which calls the enemies in the game "the hive mind", who fans remember the last boss of the original game being called a hive mind as well, so he may be a leader of the necromorphs, or perhaps this game introduces a new breed of necromorphs which are more advanced.

The details are according to what insider Silliconera has stated, who recently made a correct Syndicate claim as well. This new plot seems to be a meshing of The Thing(snow based facility with growing enemy, who also inspired the necromorphs originally) and Alien 3, where the main character crash lands on a foreign planet and has to fight to survive the Xenomorph; hopefully DS3 doesn't have the same ending as Alien 3 with the main character dieing.

What are your impressions on all of this? Do you like the new direction Visceral is going with the plot, or do you feel it is too similar to the Thing?

I personally like it, and it seems to open all kinds of ways of producing horror.
(*END SPOILERS*)

cool loking forward to this!! but not yet it is still to early for that, i am focus in other tittles now like uncharted

Thanks for warning about the spoilers...but did Issac happen to cross over to the Netherealm or Outworld by chance? Total DLC potential...just sayin...

Thanks for warning about the spoilers...but did Issac happen to cross over to the Netherealm or Outworld by chance? Total DLC potential...just sayin...

Haha, no he never did that. However, Visceral could make a DLC when Isaac has a dementia attack taking place prior to the beginning of DS2 where a crazy crossover could take place, so yeah, that would be pretty cool.