Online community shrinking?

Flagg

I havent had a chance to play MK9 for a few days now, but I got on today and the first thing I noticed was that the community seems much, smaller now.

With the patch, I thought a slew of people would have come back. The community cant all have flocked to the disaster that it MKAK??

Unlike some of us the other Kids aren't DieHard MK fans like we are. Some dont even take the time to be good at the game instead they use cheap tactics to win. A commentator named Behrudy predicted that the people in the Community will drop tremendously in months. Its Kinda commom sense. People get bored of the game they move on or quit. Im not leaving MK anytime soon. its like once you get decent at the game and your full of gamesense you dont want to quit. I want to learn more :)

Yeah. You know those rooms that were 80+ people each? I only see one of those now. Assuming everyone got bored and went somewhere else. Dat suxxxxx.

its one of the reasons i mainly play ranked matches now. everyone in rooms seem to be in KOTH matches with one person with a record like 3000/900 and the rest 30/40.... there's no one left to play KOTH with...

D: i dont even have the game yet, but when i got it i will play online fooooooor a lot of time

I am a contributor to the decrease
I am going to be very honest right now, go ahead guys laugh all you want... lol mock me, whatever
I get some random nervousness and ache inside when I play online in this game, I don't know why. I feel so much frustration, like throwing up, regardless whether I win or lose. I just don't play with the online community anymore, I improved so much, but I feel that it was for nothing, I feel incompetent anyways, because its online, playing with some poorly mannered scrubs who wanna bring out the worst from me, and its all I got sadly, I'll never be able to prove myself to the offline community, and I cant afford a tournament identity. I'm sure I'm not the only person who dropped out mk9 online for these reasons, some of us just don't wanna speak up.

From now on, I'ma just share and present information on characters with fellow players through threads and vids on my youtube channel

That happens with any online game. Unless there is added content and such, people will eventually burn out after playing a particular game for a long period of time. Add unfriendliness of people in the community, it's no wonder why people turn away from online if not move on to a different game altogether.

my two friends quit because MK9 online kept frozen on them..and they hate quitting the game and starting over again and again...

Unlike some of us the other Kids aren't DieHard MK fans like we are. Some dont even take the time to be good at the game instead they use cheap tactics to win. A commentator named Behrudy predicted that the people in the Community will drop tremendously in months. Its Kinda commom sense. People get bored of the game they move on or quit. Im not leaving MK anytime soon. its like once you get decent at the game and your full of gamesense you dont want to quit. I want to learn more :)

This is the kind of comment that further proves how far the MK still needs to come and to be taken serious. That kind of mentality will be the death not the battle cry of the community.

i feel like ppl played mk9 so much that they got tired but thats because this game is that damm good, i feel like mk9 brought life back to fighting games (even though sf4 is awesome) now i cant wait to play king of fighters next month because of mk. withing a year we are going to be getting 4 good fighting games KOF xiii,SF X TEKKEN,DOA 5 and SOUL CALIBER 5, once these tittles start coming out ppl are going to be playing mk9 more because they'll have a variety, just make sure u dont play it everyday like when it first came out and it will stay fresh. variety is the key to not getting bored of something.

This is the kind of comment that further proves how far the MK still needs to come and to be taken serious. That kind of mentality will be the death not the battle cry of the community.

I think he meant desynchs and that kung lao 2v2 glitch