No More DLC for MK9?

such a downer to see DLC is, currently at least, halted. there are two theories in my head and unfortunately, the last one is more likely imo. theory one is that their original plan was to give us what we got so far and then see if sales were good enough and if they were, to continue with more DLC for a winter programme and if that were successful as well, move on with another programme later next year and so on. unfortunately, the way Boon talks makes me feel like their plan was this DLC and no more DLC again. idk, the chars are one thing but no alt costumes? no entry lines? no packs of DLC with COSTUMES ffs for each player (retro and new ones)? idk they way things are atm makes me feel like DLC is over. I hope I'm wrong. first of all the DLC chars lack an alternate, necropolis slot and an entry line and we also got too much retro costumes. I wish for packs of brand new costumes for everyone, they will sell well plus it's something simple that can be done and continued. same goes with fatalities. they pretty much ruled out everything else besides those and maybe some more characters. I bought even Freddy ffs and I never intend to use him. hopefully there will be LOTS more DLC to come, this game should be supported till the next one comes out

Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet or not, but if they're not doing anymore DLC, then why does Carlos Pesina (@CarlosPesina) keep tweeting about doing mocap sessions? I guess he could be doing something for a new game (possibly not even MK related), but I do think it's worth noting.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet or not, but if they're not doing anymore DLC, then why does Carlos Pesina (@CarlosPesina) keep tweeting about doing mocap sessions? I guess he could be doing something for a new game (possibly not even MK related), but I do think it's worth noting.

One would guess MK10, but that's not even confirmed yet.

As much as I like seeing DLC, at some point NRS has to move onto the next game of the series. And I've already noted how Crapcom has stunted the growth of the SF series with all these unnecessary upgrades. It shouldn't take 6 years to go from SFII to SFIII, or in a more extreme case, 11 years to go from SFIII to SFIV. I think every 2-3 years between games sounds reasonable.

And before anyone brings up Namco, I'd like to point out that they have 2 major fighting game franchises to support instead of just one. There are probably Namco employees who work on both franchises.

Last edited:
As far as I'm concerned Boon and the rest of NRS can go **** themselves. They told us if DLC sold well and if ppl are still playing the game and still want DLC they would give us more. Boon on twitter said they dont have anything lined up for more DLC and thats TOTAL BS when he keeps bragging about how great DLC sold

I don't even care.

All of the DLC sucked ass.

Nothing but stale characters and half assed Ninja only costumes.

As far as I'm concerned Boon and the rest of NRS can go **** themselves. They told us if DLC sold well and if ppl are still playing the game and still want DLC they would give us more. Boon on twitter said they dont have anything lined up for more DLC and thats TOTAL BS when he keeps bragging about how great DLC sold

Care to show us word-for-word where he explicitly said "if DLC sells well we WILL put out more DLC"? Because that's not how I remember that statement!

Care to show us word-for-word where he explicitly said "if DLC sells well we WILL put out more DLC"? Because that's not how I remember that statement!

I will gladly find the video to show u. Boon didnt say it. Hans Lo did. Give me time cuz it was right before the game came out I believe

Hey did say it...I remeber on Twitter or E3 where he did say depending how sales went with DLC as well as the 4th dlc character would determine if they will release more dlc..and thats not a fiction thats a fact and I myself will also work to find that video where he did mention that

Hey did say it...I remeber on Twitter or E3 where he did say depending how sales went with DLC as well as the 4th dlc character would determine if they will release more dlc..and thats not a fiction thats a fact and I myself will also work to find that video where he did mention that

Many other ppl heard him say the same thing on other forums

I think the hype is what killed DLC for this game. People were expecting NRS to keep pumping out new stuff for the whole year (which is unreasonable) and were also making a huge deal as if MK9 would be revolutionary and groundbreaking in terms of DLC content.

The truth is, MK9 is just like any other game out there. Some great DLC near the begining of it's release, but nothing spectacular or long running to keep people interested for a long time. Hype killed this game's DLC. It's the sad truth. And we all fell for it

Ed never said there would be more DLC if this DLC sold well. He said "If this DLC sells well, we will CONSIDER adding more DLC"

I don't even care. All of the DLC sucked ass. Nothing but stale characters and half assed Ninja only costumes.

I agree with that to a point. The classic (or klassic if you prefer) fatalities were nice to get. Most of the costumes were free, so no one has a valid complaint on that. As for characters, yeah, they were boring from a playability standpoint except for Skarlet whom I think will be a great character in future games if they develop her correctly and not just as an after-thought like most new characters they created in the past.

The DLC characters' fatalities were kinda cool though, except for Rain and Freddy who both had the least exciting ones. I know I will get crap for that comment...

Ed never said there would be more DLC if this DLC sold well. He said "If this DLC sells well, we will CONSIDER adding more DLC"

This is exactly what I've been trying to say.

My point is that fanboys take things WAY out of context just to make themselves feel better, and when they DON'T get their way, they take those words out of context AGAIN to discredit whoever made the original statement.

There is some old videos at youtube and some post of people who met Boon at tournaments and etc where he said they have a lot of skins/costumes ready (nothing about dlc characters, stages...), imo they have dlc ready (Skarlet second skin is in disc, Jax classic mk2 skin is in trailer, MK2 or MK3 ninja skins, Boss as playable...) but they will use them for PS VITA version as extra.

They might be working on MK VS DC 2 :)