Dead or Alive 5

How has your connection been? Mine has been great. I can honestly say that when you and I played was the only time I had a horrendous (connection) time online. It was fun bullshitting, but damn it was like photo gallery mode.

I'm at my mom's house now (I was at my dad's when we played) and I actually haven't tried playing online yet. I was costume hunting all day yesterday.

Nice, well if you ever want to fight again, lemma know.

I have not unlocked any costumes, just been online, training, and slowly chipping away story. I will 100% complete this game no doubt about it.

I will buy this game in like 2 months, i'm too addicted to TTT2 at the moment to get it right now, but I will buy it.

Everytime I think of DOA I can't help but think of the cutscene in DOA4 where the dude just fly kicks a dinosaur.

No Judo here.

Closest thing would probably be Bass and Tina's pro wrestling. Probably Mila's fighting style as well, MMA.

Hitomi's 6th costume is hilarious lol it's a full-fledged jester outfit with a clown nose.

I don't feel like trying to unlock all the costumes in this game, most of them suck except for the ninjas.

Also beat Story mode and I didn't see that ending coming.

Johnny, I hate you.

There's a time to play, time to fight, everything's a weapon if you're holdin' it right! So guard your left, check your right, it's the showdown, you ready to fight? It's da showdown, showdown!

Step to me anytime, better bring your shovel, imma bury your career you're not even on my level!!

Johnny, what have you done? :laugh:

I faced this disrespectful Kasumi today. She'd kick you and taunt you after she KO'ED you.

I button-mashed the shit out of Christie and beat her 8)

There's a time to play, time to fight, everything's a weapon if you're holdin' it right! So guard your left, check your right, it's the showdown, you ready to fight? It's da showdown, showdown!

Step to me anytime, better bring your shovel, imma bury your career you're not even on my level!!

k, not making it any better.

There doesn't seem to be a ''turn off '' fuction on throwdown in the friendlist. Does this mean you can only delete people to turn it off or am I looking in the wrong setting?

So critical bursts are only done on the 4th hit of a critical stun.

For example Lisa:

8k,6k,PP(Free Cancel), 236k

8k (Is a high kick that staggers, you will see 'Critical Stun' in white under opponents health)
6k (Is a mid kick)
PP (Two high punches, the 2nd punch registers the red 3rd level of 'Critical Stun') *be sure to cancel because PPP will knock your opponent down)

You must Free Cancel (H, the hold button for 'countering') because PP236 will turn Lisa around facing backwards into one of her other stances.

236k [QCFk] is the 4th limit Critical Burst, which makes your opponent helpless. No striking, throwing or countering from them.

So when they are in that helpless in that state, it is a perfect time to execute a power blow. They are all unique for each character and are timed an x amount of frames. There is a certain time you can release it, or the charged power blow to the max amount of frames, there is still the same damage.

For example, Lisa's power blow is a charged 4P+K. Once it connects hold H+K (right trigger on 360), then left or right to pick an object you desire to send your opponents crashing into.

My roomate has this game. I haven't touched it yet :\.

You should give it a shot. I consider it the most underated fighting game this generation and the VF characters are a nice added bonus ( Pai is awesome ) don't let the T and A throw you off from taking the game seriously as a competitive fighter.