Fallout (1,2,3, and New Vegas)

What deal are you speaking of?

Oh you know.. Just how they release dlc for the 360 about a month or so early, and how they never seem to suss out the bugs for the ps3 versions of their games. It really is one of the aspects of the industry that I cannot stand right now. DLC privileges are so lame.

Elder Scrolls and Fallout games always get their DLC first on the 360, months ahead of PS3. That is the fact of it. The theory of it is that Bethesda purposely creates bugs and errors on the PS3. Its seen with the Skyrim framerate, console specific bugs and the lack of dlc for PS3.

To be fair, it is harder to develop games for the PS3, so console-specific bugs and delayed development are bound to happen. However, unwillingness to fix it is unacceptable.

Has anyone here played Th Pitt DLC, and who did you side with at the end of it? I am playing as a "good" character and sided with Wernher/Midea, but later felt bad about it.

Spoiler:
Kidnapping the baby and killing her parents felt wrong and Wernher came off as a dick by the end of it all.

I played through The Pitt twice, siding with Wernher the first time and Ashur the second time. Honestly, the quest/storyline is morally ambiguous, to say the least regardless of who you side with.

Spoiler:
Siding with Werhner seems like the right thing to at first glance, since the living conditions of the slaves are horrible. However, Werhner is primarily staging a slave revolt to overthrow Ashur rather than having any real care for them.

Ashur, despite the use of slavery, keeps order in a city plagued by lawlessness and trying to find a way to combat against heavy radiation that is afflicting the local populace.

Edit:

What I love about the Pitt is the access to the ammo press. Great for stocking up ammo that is otherwise hard to find.

Last edited:
I played some New Vegas today, and I still like FO3 better. I hate the faction armor system in this game too, I just want to wear whatever armor I want.

To a certain extent, it makes sense that people would shoot on sight if you look like the enemy. It's also useful for taking up quests that would otherwise be botched when you have a bad reputation with certain factions. Its implementation is faulty though, since simply switching to the wrong attire will make everyone in the vicinity hostile, even if you didn't steal or hurt anyone. Switching to the uniform of a matching faction doesn't reverse hostilities though.

Last edited:
I agree it makes sense, but in this case I think they should of just stuck to videogame logic instead. Much more fun and less annoying that way.

Started playing Fallout 3 again. Haven't played it in about 3 or 4 years though, so I forgot a lot of the minor locations. So I just ended up wandering around. Level 4, walking around at dusk with a hunting rifle, 26 bullets, BB gun and a baseball bat. Used all of my pistol ammo on a pack of rabid dogs and some mole rats. Eventually came across some Brotherhood Outcasts wandering around with their Protectron. So I follow them, figure that since I can't take them out yet, I can at least follow them and loot any enemies they kill. We eventually come across some abandoned military truck guarded by a Mister Gutsy. I think, easy kill for them. They start running towards it, I follow. Mister Gutsy drops both of them with one plasma shot. Just me and the Protectron left, I start playing Ring Around the Rosie with him around a dead tree. Getting pot shots on him with my rifle while the Protectron pelts his ass with his pewpew laser. Doing almost no damage at all, eventually he turns around and kills the Protectron. I get a lucky critical with the LAST BB round I had. Then I run over and beat the shit out of it with the baseball bat before it can get up. Loot all parties involved in the dance and head on my way.

I

Fukking

Love

Fallout

By the end of December of this year, Interplay's license to sell the classic Fallout games will expire. The legal battle has started and ended a long ago, but Bethesda controlling the entirety of the Fallout IP is just around the corner.

This puts distribution of the classic games on shaky ground. I already have a physical copy of Fallout 2, and I am considering getting copies of Fallout 1 and Fallout Tactics while I still can.

By the end of December of this year, Interplay's license to sell the classic Fallout games will expire. The legal battle has started and ended a long ago, but Bethesda controlling the entirety of the Fallout IP is just around the corner.

This puts distribution of the classic games on shaky ground. I already have a physical copy of Fallout 2, and I am considering getting copies of Fallout 1 and Fallout Tactics while I still can.

This makes me think that once Interplay's license expires we'll be getting the first announcement/trailer for Fallout 4 shortly after. Just seems like a perfect time to announce it to me.

Last edited:
Has anyone played the weird Fallout that was release on the original Xbox? Is it worth playing?

I have started playing Fallout Tactics. Combat improved over FO1 and FO2 considerably. You control all squad members instead of being at the mercy of the AI. Taking cover and using elevation to your advantage help in adding strategic elements to combat. Although your created character is restricted to being a Human, you can recruit non-Humans to your squad. There is also a choice of 3 different combat modes: a real-time mode where AP from non-walking actions regenerate over time, a turn-based combat where sequence determines the order you can (much like FO1 and FO2), and another turn-based mode where all members of the squad can move in one turn (think File Emblem).

The rate of random encounters is ridiculously high though. I had 5 random encounters and haven't moved an inch on the map...WTF? Melee weapons seem be to less viable than ever when the AP cost for most guns have been reduced by 1 point, not to mention guns have the advantage of greater range and damage per hit. Granted, I might be ignoring other factors such as ammo consumption and benefits from perks. The structure of the game is more linear and NPC interaction seems more limited, which may turn off people who like the open-world RPG aspect of Fallout more.

This makes me think that once Interplay's license expires we'll be getting the first announcement/trailer for Fallout 4 shortly after. Just seems like a perfect time to announce it to me.

It's definitely plausible, considering how uptight Bethesda can be about their intellectual property.

Last edited:
So the classic Fallout games are going to be pulled from GOG and probably other digital distribution sites as well. I hope it's just temporary in order to change copyright holder information. Otherwise... **** you, Bethesda!

Last edited:
Anyone got any goddamn gossip on #4? I feel like it's been long enough and with the new systems out it should only be a matter of time. Reeeally hoping 3rd quarter of this year for it to drop or at least get a projected release date.

I'm hoping they at least give us a trailer at e3

I was playing 3 earlier today on my new character. Was wandering around and accidentally stumbled onto a Behemoth's camp. Didn't even know he was there until the music kicked in and I turned around to see a 20 foot tall retard hauling ass towards me with his club swinging everywhere.

God damn I can't wait for Fallout 4

Anyone got any goddamn gossip on #4? I feel like it's been long enough and with the new systems out it should only be a matter of time. Reeeally hoping 3rd quarter of this year for it to drop or at least get a projected release date.

I remember reading that there was a casting call in the Maryland area that was obviously tied to Fallout. The "War never changes" line was in the script and the script is supposed to be based in a post-apocalyptic Boston.

I just saw some screenshots for BF4, and I can only imagine what a new a Fallout will look. I can't wait.

It's been a little over 3 years since New Vegas and Interplay's license has expired. It's safe to say we will get some kind of announcement later this year. That being said, I would prefer the release date to be delayed in favor of more thorough QA. Quite frankly, I'm tired of getting a game that is barely functional on release day.

It's been a little over 3 years since New Vegas and Interplay's license has expired. It's safe to say we will get some kind of announcement later this year. That being said, I would prefer the release date to be delayed in favor of more thorough QA. Quite frankly, I'm tired of getting a game that is barely functional on release day.

Well its not published be EA so that shouldn't be a problem.