Fallout (1,2,3, and New Vegas)

Shit on me my dude :cry:
At least the road to Fallout is padded with some pretty great games to make time fly by easier.

I bought Fallout New Vegas Ultimate for the PS3 since my sister has my 360.
God I forgot how great this game is with the Gun Runner's Arsenal. It makes the weapons so much more appealing. Anti Material Rifle with explosive ammo? Yes please.

I'm trying to make a super melee character. First time I've ever put points into Unarmed lol

I could never stick with pure melee/unarmed in Fallout 3/New Vegas. The only thing I found interesting about was being able to close the gap in VATS, but it sucks that you can't pick which part of the body to target.

I did like unarmed in Fallout 2 though. You can pinpoint where you want to hit. While it may lack raw damage of guns, their low AP cost allows for multiple blows in a single turn, and all but the best weapons don't consume ammo. Melee weapons aren't so impressive.

I bought Fallout New Vegas Ultimate for the PS3 since my sister has my 360.
God I forgot how great this game is with the Gun Runner's Arsenal. It makes the weapons so much more appealing. Anti Material Rifle with explosive ammo? Yes please.

I'm trying to make a super melee character. First time I've ever put points into Unarmed lol

Unarmed is pretty fun, the ballistic fist is insane. Get Implant GRX if you want to wreck shop.

It's got two tiers, I'd recommend getting both.

You won't regret it, I put the smackdown on a Deathclaw with my bare hands.

I'd never go full on Melee lol. I gotsta hab muh shotguhn

But that feeling of tearing through an entire troop of Caesar's Assassins with just a Fire Ax? That shit is way too fresh. Especially when you put a lot of points into Melee and you get that VATS grandslam move.

Can't wait to play the dlcs again though.

Dead Money = Yo the gold bars daddy
Honest Hearts = Atmosphere *caresses face*
Old War Blues = Laser Axe, only weapon I love more than Knock Knock
Lonesome Road = New weapons *drools* Tons of upgrades *jizzes* God's Riot Armor *sharts*

Still that perk is amazing. It's like Turbo that you can't get addicted to, with both tiers you get 10 "hits" that respawn every day. With the perk Slayer and a modified Katana from the GRA DLC anything gets turned into taco meat in seconds. Cheap but fun :laugh:

Also one of the most amazing perks in general is Jury Rigging. Most people would overlook it because it requires a high repair skill, but it's insanely useful.

Unlike FO3, even low-skilled characters can repair to 100% in NV, thus I can see why people may choose to spend their skill points elsewhere. Still, being able to more easily maintain rare equipment with Jury Rigging is hard to ignore.

Yeah I need to get that Jury Rigging perk. I took a dip into The Divide super under leveled just so I could snatch some Riot Armor. Got back to the Mojave and am having a hard time finding armor to repair it with.

Also just got finished with Red Lucy's hunting missions. That Deathclaw one was intense. I had ED-E & Cass fighting them while I Anti Material Rifle'd them from the distance. Only I didn't notice the Alpha Male Deathclaw that slipped past them around the corner. Next thing I know I'm watching my head fly across the quarry in slow motion :laugh:

Definitely worth it in the end though. Dinnerbell is in my top 5 favorite Fallout weapons.

This is also my first time playing Fallout with a female character. Some of the dialogue is pretty cool.

Is that Elite Riot Gear or the standard one? I remember going in the Municipal building and getting my crap pushed in by like 3 Deathclaws, but getting that Riot Gear was worth it.

If you ever have the chance, you should try playing NV or Fallout 3 on the PC; the mods make it almost an entirely different game, new mods, perks, traits, weapons, armor etc. Its pretty cool.

^ The Elite Riot Gear is way further in the Divide so I'm pretty sure he was talking about the regular Riot Gear.

And yeah, with jury rigging you can repair the Elite Riot Gear with just some random Combat Armor (or any medium armor really) Hell, you can repair a Katana with a god damn kitchen knife. :laugh:

I never played New Vegas as a girl character, played one in Fallout 3 though.

Ah ok, it's been a while.

When I did my playthrough as a female in NV, I decided to go all melee. Me and the Rebar club were close friends through like the first 3 hours lol. Then I finally got enough caps and bought the Nuka Breaker in Freetown; something about walking around with a Nuka Cola sign and smashing heads is really satisfying haha. Man I love the melee weapons in NV.

It looks like they revamped the character building system.

I dig the animated icons. Perks are no longer locked by levels, which should make it easier to plan ahead a build of your choosing. It looks like the skill stats (Guns, Science, Sneak, etc.) are gone.

Edit:

More detailed explanation from Bethesda here

Last edited:
I wonder how this affects things like LockPick and Speech. I hated in Skyrim how I had to invest valuable perk points into a speech tree just to pass some Dialouge checks.

Im sure things like Lady Killer and Child at Heart will be perks again, but what about regular [Speech 75] checks?

Images for all perks below \/

Spoiler:
Fallout_4_Perk_Poster_web.jpg

Yeah, Lady Killer perk is back. In FO3/New Vegas, I mainly used Lady Killer/Black Widow for the small damage bonus during combat than the dialogue options...and because there are not many good choices at that level.

Last edited: