Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

A friend of mine just brought this to my attention. Travis Barker from Blink-182[/8] and the DJ [Marshmallow had a drum battle at Coachella a couple years ago. In the background is the Courtyard from this team!

Link: http://youtu.be/Y_yY_m-Lpck

Hah! That's funny, though it's only partially true. Some one took an early version of my 3D guard and then merged it with their own version of the Courtyard. It's a really bad rendition but still cool that they did that. Thanks for calling it to my attention.

Is the dream dead?

Enviado desde mi SM-G955F mediante Tapatalk

The dream is on hold for sure. I'm focused on getting the MK Remix Team paid on other game projects that we're developing now.
Once these guys have been paid and game development is a job we can talk about what it'd cost to finish MKHD remix. If we can some how receive donations to have the game made then we'll make it.

It could be a conversation with Warner Bros. I know Ed Boon and Shaun Himmerick would support it. It's not clear if WB would shut us down if we did a kickstarter for it. I know all the WB executives now. If they'll let us Kickstart this project without shutting it down, we could probably do a remake pretty cheaply. My artists and and my programmers just need to be paid for their time. There was a discussion back in 2017 about us "making the game for free" and then presenting the finished product to WB to decide if they want to partner to release it.

MK always will have a special place in my heart. Right now in order for WB to allows us to do anything officially we need a fighting game release under our belts so we have some credibility. We're working on that but it takes time.

I probably could help with 3D art, but after reading that "leaked story" about how WB did you dirty... Besides, with all the rumors about how there's HD games being made, probably makes this obsolete.

I dump some of my MK artwork here sometimes.

Thanks Xenon. Ed said to me "if we do this it has to be your team". Which was really encouraging. I believe Ed stuck by those words and when WB cut us out, the Blind Squirrel version was DOA. Ed refused to approve it. This is of course wild speculation and there very well could be an HD remake in the works. All I can say is both Ed and Shaun were really cool. I'd rather not saying anything about my meetings with WB's execs.

Things change all the time though it's quite possible that if I came to them and said, "lets do a kick starter so we can get funding to make a complete game." they may go along with that knowing that Ed and Shaun would be on board (if it's our team doing it).

Thanks Xenon. Ed said to me "if we do this it has to be your team". Which was really encouraging. I believe Ed stuck by those words and when WB cut us out, the Blind Squirrel version was DOA. Ed refused to approve it. This is of course wild speculation and there very well could be an HD remake in the works. All I can say is both Ed and Shaun were really cool. I'd rather not saying anything about my meetings with WB's execs.

Things change all the time though it's quite possible that if I came to them and said, "lets do a kick starter so we can get funding to make a complete game." they may go along with that knowing that Ed and Shaun would be on board (if it's our team doing it).

Yeah, I think there was a listing no long ago for MK1-3 HD remakes. Nobody knows if it's the real deal or not. From what I understand, there were actually 2 projects for HD games, disregarding this fan project. Both were shitcanned.

WB sounds exactly like WB. I remember there was a very promising Aliens vs Predator mod that had such a big fan following and interest, then Sega came in and C&D'd the thing. Just absolutely no remorse, sounds exactly what happened here. Unfortunately that's the problem for most fan projects now... Make fanart? No problem, it'll only promote our game! Make a fan game or mods? Now you've crossed the line!!

I've checked out your site, looks great, although the headers are kinda hard to read due to the font style :) Lawless looks promising.

Last edited:
Hello! It's awesome and helpful, also this post is very nicely written and it also contains many good facts. I appreciated your way of writing the post. You have made it easy for me to understand. Really good site, You can also check my BlOG here.

I just discovered this project and am saddened to also hear of its demise.

For what it's worth, I believe the 3D models of the MK1 sprites far surpass what any official release would've done. It's tragic that we'll never get to play it!