Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

I wasn’t sure that it was actually the Ms. Quant that was the severed head in mortal kombat 1. I tried getting in contact with her, but didn’t get a response yet. I found that picture online.

Hey there! So I wanted to provide an update to anyone who’s been following the MK HD Remix thread at TRMK.org.

Lots of people are asking us daily if we’re still working together. We wanted to respond to that by saying yes we’ve been working together in an organized fashion and that we’ve actually established our own game studio called Eyeballistic.

Who is part of Eyeballistic? The usual players from the Mortal Kombat HD Remix project:

Joe “Calactyte” Tresca - Creative Director
Justin “Django” Slaughter - Music/SFX Production
Gabe “Bleed” Melendez - Art/Animation Lead
Felix “ArqHawkin” Dejesus Sr/ Animator, Character Rigging
Cristiano “CrisBerserk” Nascimento - Material Design/Lighting

We also added some new faces

Jeremy Ortiz - Lead Character Modeler, Environmental Artist
Greg Muth - UI/UX & Graphic Artist, Photo Retoucher

Also our engineering/programming team

Joe Strout - Principal Engineer
Michael Summers - Senior Engineer

This is all we can say right now but within the next few months we’ll have some exciting news to share with you.

eyeballistic_logo.jpg

Last edited:
Hey there! So I wanted to provide an update to anyone who’s been following the MK HD Remix thread at TRMK.org.

Lots of people are asking us daily if we’re still working together. We wanted to respond to that by saying yes we’ve been working together in an organized fashion and that we’ve actually established our own game studio called Eyeballistic.

Who is part of Eyeballistic? The usual players from the Mortal Kombat HD Remix project:

Joe “Calactyte” Tresca - Creative Director
Justin “Django” Slaughter - Music/SFX Production
Gabe “Bleed” Melendez - Art/Animation Lead
Felix “ArqHawkin” Dejesus Sr/ Animator, Character Rigging
Cristiano “CrisBerserk” Nascimento - Material Design/Lighting

We also added some new faces

Jeremy Ortiz - Lead Character Modeler, Environmental Artist
Greg Muth - UI/UX & Graphic Artist, Photo Retoucher

Also our engineering/programming team

Joe Strout - Principal Engineer
Michael Summers - Senior Engineer

This is all we can say right now but within the next few months we’ll have some exciting news to share with you.

eyeballistic_logo.jpg

thanks for the update

patiently waiting for its 2042 release date

Not that I know of but we put it out there, and I think we have more important things to worry about than chasing people with our stuff over the internet. We have no choice but to keep things private.

Not that I know of but we put it out there, and I think we have more important things to worry about than chasing people with our stuff over the internet. We have no choice but to keep things private.

Was this a reply to someone's comment? I think might have missed the context. What are we talking about here?

Hey guys,

A couple of things I want to share with the group.

First, I've looked through about 15 different books about anatomy for artists that were published in the 1980s/1990s, trying to find that pic of the Great Kung Lao. No luck so far.

On the Twitter, Josh Tsui saw one of my posts about the dragons from Shang Tsung's Throne Room and decided he'd share a close-up! This is what he gave me:

9__ueNhp.jpg

Now, can anyone track down one of these dragons for sale? There could be a finder's fee in it for ya...

Finally, on a whim, I decided to see if I could find the original NASA satellite photo of Earth that was used in MK3 for Smoke's Fatality. I did manage to successfully locate that image.

The_Blue_Marble.jpg

I'm still trying to hunt down other things, and if I manage to get ahold of them, I will share them here.

I too have been searching for that exact gold dragon statue.Unfortunately I was unable to come upon it. It seems pretty rare. Cris Berserk and I put our heads together and remade the statue in 3D.

GOLD_DRAGON_STATUEPNG.PNG

Enjoy. At least folks doing MKHD mugen games will have an HD version to use now.

A while back, I tracked down the MK3 Animalities from VHS footage. I even released a side-by-side comparison on YouTube. One of the few I was unable to get was Stryker's t-rex, though I got a hint that a Jurassic Park toy was used.

Last night, a user Lone Wolf Productions left a comment on that video, providing additional information:

"The Jurassic Park toy that John Vogel used for Stryker's animality is the young T-Rex toy from 1993 which can be seen here"

youngrex_loose.jpg

The MK community never ceases to amaze me!

First, I've looked through about 15 different books about anatomy for artists that were published in the 1980s/1990s, trying to find that pic of the Great Kung Lao. No luck so far.

Thank you so much for your efforts, as minor of a detail as it probably seems to 99% of people, as an MK megafan and a lover of obscure trivia, I would really love to at least identify the reference book which contains the original photo used for The Great Kung Lao in MK2. And hopefully that would tell us or lead us towards finding the model's name.

Unfortunately all we currently have to go on is the MK2 image itself, and Tony Goskie's brief comment - "I do not know his name but his face was manipulated from an old reference book. That is all I know." I just hope either someone here lucks out and picks up the right book, or is able to somehow prompt a member of the MK2 production team to recall more details.

Just popping in to let everyone know - I found the exact photo used for the "Stele Pavilion" building from the Chinese Ming Dynasty Tombs used in the Palace Gates background. I don't just mean I identified the building, as that's been known for some time. I mean I tracked down the specific photograph that was taken and digitized and put into the game. It's from a postcard (and I went and ordered one, I mean this is MK history we're talking about here).

So here it is! You can superimpose the original sprite on top of it and stretch the dimensions so they line up, and you'll see that the perspective is a perfect match.

chinese postcard.jpg

I know your are not releasing more images and info about the project here. And that you created a studio. Does this means you're going to a legal path, meaning you cannot use Mortal Kombat name and content? So, you're making another game based on MK and this project of an unofficial remake is dead?