Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Yes, but in 2019 ... Are you continuing the project?

Officially the MKHD Team is currently working on a non-MK related fighting game project. We've received funding through my company Eyeballistic, Inc. and we're really excited to share more about that project with you when the time is right. I know to many this is disappointing news.

Once our project is released, we'll have a fighting game in our portfolio along with proven online game play technology to demonstrate to WB once and for all that we're the right team to do an MK remake. So I haven't given up on the dream yet. But we need at least one released title to prove to these guys that we're a legitimate development team instead of some random internet super fans.

This is a long way off from happening though since our current project is only 4 months into development. Also we'll need the support of the MK fan community on our independent project if we're ever going to have a shot at doing the remakes.

Our team are still MK fans and will keep hope alive at our chance to do the remake until WB tells us we have to stop:

https://youtu.be/dPjC7pUk5IM

Officially the MKHD Team is currently working on a non-MK related fighting game project. We've received funding through my company Eyeballistic, Inc. and we're really excited to share more about that project with you when the time is right. I know to many this is disappointing news.

Once our project is released, we'll have a fighting game in our portfolio along with proven online game play technology to demonstrate to WB once and for all that we're the right team to do an MK remake. So I haven't given up on the dream yet. But we need at least one released title to prove to these guys that we're a legitimate development team instead of some random internet super fans.

This is a long way off from happening though since our current project is only 4 months into development. Also we'll need the support of the MK fan community on our independent project if we're ever going to have a shot at doing the remakes.

Our team are still MK fans and will keep hope alive at our chance to do the remake until WB tells us we have to stop:

https://youtu.be/dPjC7pUk5IM

ok but an idea for you ... can make terms within the law that exist and signed so as not to prevent you from stopping or continue the project mk hd with the strict terms you can continue with the progress but in the project put the data and the law. it would not work

ok but an idea for you ... can make terms within the law that exist and signed so as not to prevent you from stopping or continue the project mk hd with the strict terms you can continue with the progress but in the project put the data and the law. it would not work

If only it were that simple. It's not. We have no claim over the rights to MK characters, environments etc. We're technically (until otherwise stated) allowed to make fan art but certainly cannot make a game. If I could kick start this development without WB suing me, that'd be possibility. But I'm pretty sure we'd be told to take that Kickstarter down and it would result in lots of angry MK fans wanting their money back.

If my team had a way of getting paid about $750,000 we could remake MK1 and MK2. But that's a lot of money.

If only it were that simple. It's not. We have no claim over the rights to MK characters, environments etc. We're technically (until otherwise stated) allowed to make fan art but certainly cannot make a game. If I could kick start this development without WB suing me, that'd be possibility. But I'm pretty sure we'd be told to take that Kickstarter down and it would result in lots of angry MK fans wanting their money back.

If my team had a way of getting paid about $750,000 we could remake MK1 and MK2. But that's a lot of money.

I understand, You can do an online essay to raise the desired value I believe that many fans are waiting for the project finished,
has several teams that already saw several other version of mortal kombat with engine mugen that today in 2019 the engine is much improved in relation to the bugs previously, these teams used anonymous names and were not prohibited by any company, this also occurs as street fighter, and other fighting games,
An example..
has a big fan of mortal kombat of brazil he name dubbed Solano, he made the version of mortal kombat solano edition can research in google the game was very good too and he used the characters and had no problems at all in making the game. look at the link below:

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=26jxXOL8LI-1gge-lqiABA&q=mortal+kombat+solano+edition+&oq=mortal+kombat+solano+edition+&gs_l=psy-ab.12..35i39l2j0l8.1835.181805..182783...31.0..0.211.6668.0j29j6......0....1..gws-wiz.....0..0i131j35i39i19j0i3j0i10i30j0i30j0i10j0i22i30j0i13j0i8i13i30.XY-YVCo56P4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o-c3Q27nvI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-XUzuEbez4

so my friends you can even create a private forum and use anonymous names will not have problems and the new mugen engine or what you did in the mortal kombat hd

Sure we could definitely bring the project back underground and continue to work on it but how would we pay for the animators and 3d modelers, sound and programmers required? If we made a donate button, we couldn't say what people are donating for because WB is paying very close attention now.

I don't think it would work. If someone wants to attempt kick starting this (someone who isn't me) I'll work with them until/unless WB shuts it down.

Another option is if someone comes up with about 300K USD that they get from their rich uncle and decides they want this game to finally come to life. It costs about 300K-400K to redo each MK. It's not an impossible amount of money to come by, but someone would have to have a bunch of money and also be a huge MK fan.

I understand, You can do an online essay to raise the desired value I believe that many fans are waiting for the project finished,
has several teams that already saw several other version of mortal kombat with engine mugen that today in 2019 the engine is much improved in relation to the bugs previously, these teams used anonymous names and were not prohibited by any company, this also occurs as street fighter, and other fighting games,
An example..
has a big fan of mortal kombat of brazil he name dubbed Solano, he made the version of mortal kombat solano edition can research in google the game was very good too and he used the characters and had no problems at all in making the game. look at the link below:

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=26jxXOL8LI-1gge-lqiABA&q=mortal+kombat+solano+edition+&oq=mortal+kombat+solano+edition+&gs_l=psy-ab.12..35i39l2j0l8.1835.181805..182783...31.0..0.211.6668.0j29j6......0....1..gws-wiz.....0..0i131j35i39i19j0i3j0i10i30j0i30j0i10j0i22i30j0i13j0i8i13i30.XY-YVCo56P4

so my friends you can even create a private forum and use anonymous names will not have problems and the new mugen engine or what you did in the mortal kombat hd

Sure we could definitely bring the project back underground and continue to work on it but how would we pay for the animators and 3d modelers, sound and programmers required? If we made a donate button, we couldn't say what people are donating for because WB is paying very close attention now.

I don't think it would work. If someone wants to attempt kick starting this (someone who isn't me) I'll work with them until/unless WB shuts it down.

Another option is if someone comes up with about 300K USD that they get from their rich uncle and decides they want this game to finally come to life. It costs about 300K-400K to redo each MK. It's not an impossible amount of money to come by, but someone would have to have a bunch of money and also be a huge MK fan.

But you started with the mugen project and mugen is free right? Do you have to continue the project that you started, do not you think it's fair?
I think as soon as you complete at least Mortal Kombat 1 in HD
I believe that if you at least finish the MK1 will surely announce the MK2 and MK Trilogy in HD and may ask for donations to continue with these projects can ask for on ebay account the donations
without disclosing their names of course
think a little at least honor the design of you here in the forum at least with the conclusion of the MK1HD.
from now on, they can ask for donations for the sequences
does not agree?

Sure we could use MUGEN, the trouble is I can't finish MK1 by myself. I'd honestly do it free if I could. But no one else on the team is willing to do that. Plus if it were paid we could make use of Unity Engine and make it playable online. It's hard finding people who are motivated by just being a fan of the original game. I think it deserves a proper HD remake and that can only be achieved with money.

But you started with the mugen project and mugen is free right? Do you have to continue the project that you started, do not you think it's fair?
I think as soon as you complete at least Mortal Kombat 1 in HD
I believe that if you at least finish the MK1 will surely announce the MK2 and MK Trilogy in HD and may ask for donations to continue with these projects can ask for on ebay account the donations
without disclosing their names of course
think a little at least honor the design of you here in the forum at least with the conclusion of the MK1HD.
from now on, they can ask for donations for the sequences
does not agree?

Sure we could use MUGEN, the trouble is I can't finish MK1 by myself. I'd honestly do it free if I could. But no one else on the team is willing to do that. Plus if it were paid we could make use of Unity Engine and make it playable online. It's hard finding people who are motivated by just being a fan of the original game. I think it deserves a proper HD remake and that can only be achieved with money.

I understand, so I could announce here so we are in need of developers who are good at 3D modeling and a Mortal Kombat fan, to conclude the MK1HD remake
could be fans from all over the world to help you,
if I had the knack for 3D modeling I sure would help you conclude it
It's a shame that his team has abandoned him as wonderful a job as this one.
I hope that volunteer fans appear to finish it

I understand, so I could announce here so we are in need of developers who are good at 3D modeling and a Mortal Kombat fan, to conclude the MK1HD remake
could be fans from all over the world to help you,
if I had the knack for 3D modeling I sure would help you conclude it
It's a shame that his team has abandoned him as wonderful a job as this one.
I hope that volunteer fans appear to finish it

If you wanted to invite people here to talk, I wouldn't be against it. We're always looking for new talent.

An example..

What makes you think that Solano is a good creator if all he did was compilate char after char in his game built in Borg's mkp 4.1 engine?

Someone was looking for MK2 Wasteland statues which I believe are based off of this:

Just thought I'd share.

Yes that was me and thanks, however I am trying to trace the exact statue that was digitized for the MK2 Wastelands background (which the statue in that link is not unfortunately). You are correct that the statues are a depiction of Shou the chinese god of longevity though. I just wish I had a way of finding the exact one, I would love to own it or at least see photos of it.

Yes that was me and thanks, however I am trying to trace the exact statue that was digitized for the MK2 Wastelands background (which the statue in that link is not unfortunately). You are correct that the statues are a depiction of Shou the chinese god of longevity though. I just wish I had a way of finding the exact one, I would love to own it or at least see photos of it.

I wonder if it's photo edited between a few real statues put together. So there would be no real one statue. Not sure, just a hunch I have.

I wonder if it's photo edited between a few real statues put together. So there would be no real one statue. Not sure, just a hunch I have.

I think it's very unlikely to be honest. I mean just from looking through ebay listings alone over the last year or so, I've seen hundreds of different variations of Shou statues, it's not by any means a stretch to infer that thousands of designs (an incalculable number really) will exist. Many of them won't have been mass produced, and considering the one we're after would have been sourced in the early 90s (and could easily have been manufactured years or even decades earlier), it's more likely than not it won't even be listed anywhere online currently. Plus I can't see the Midway team being so picky about a background prop to justify the work of editing multiple statues/images together (particularly in the early 90s) when it would be much quicker and easier to simply digitize another statue or sculpture entirely. I think the more likely explanation is just there's too many variations of Shou statues, and we unfortunately haven't been able to think of a way to narrow it down other than visual comparisons, and hoping we'll be lucky enough that the exact one will be listed online somewhere at the right place and right time for us to see it. It might even have been a unique piece that only one exists in the whole world (though I certainly hope not!)

It's also quite possible the Midway team never possessed the actual statue and simply scanned the image from a photo or a book or something (as Tony Goskie confirmed was the case with the photo used for The Great Kung Lao in MK2 Kung Lao's Ending - that was scanned from a reference book) so the actual statue may never have even set foot in the western world.

It's a shame it's such a complicated/impossible task. It will, I'm sure, seem such a small insignificant detail and such a bizarre quest to most people - even most hardcore fans and the MK development team will probably think I am insane. But I was just always fascinated by the MK2 wastelands statue and would love to track it down. It just looks so sinister and mysterious.

If you wanted to invite people here to talk, I wouldn't be against it. We're always looking for new talent.

Friend, have you thought about hiring this guy to join the group and continue with the modeling project?
https://www.deviantart.com/zabzarock/gallery/
https://www.deviantart.com/zabzarock/art/Sonya-Blade-Fighting-Stance-MK1-639736869
https://www.deviantart.com/zabzarock/art/Sonya-Blade-Dizzy-animation-751979678
https://www.deviantart.com/zabzarock/art/Sonya-Blade-Fighting-Stance-742469060
I think he already has several characters ready, these are made in 3D ...
What is lacking in the team to continue the projects?

Last edited:
These are good. I suspect he's not 3d modeling the base characters though and instead using a software like poser or DAZ3D and then adjusting the textures and materials. This isn't necessarily a deal breaker though. Assuming that this would be a sprite based HD and that I'd be doing the background environments we would need someone who is very confident in using the latest HD version of MUGEN or better yes Unity 3D/Unreal Engine.

I say (better yet) because the environments could be made entirely 3D and they would look fantastic and more like what true HD Remake of Mortal Kombat should be.

This would need to be someone who is a huge Mortal Kombat fan and is willing to take the time to match the original MK1 gameplay as best as possible. There is a bunch of heavy lifting here that the game's core programmer would need to be willing to do for free.

Reach out to this guy and see what software he animates in and works in. We already have Goro, Liu Kang, Raiden, Scorpion, Sub-zero, Reptile, (this guy has Sonya). Shang Tsung needs some work but I can probably get him from Arq Hawkin. We need someone to do Kano. There are some Kano animations floating around on the internet here from Cris but he was just learning. Since Cris is going to be working on our new project he won't have time to spend on this. So we'll probably need someone to start over with Kano. Also the Test Your Might assets are done and ready to go.

All the projectiles are pretty much done as is the title screen and ending screens. We lost MrMos3s from the project who did the fantastic endings work. I can't really focus on this project as I am more focused on the new I.P. my group is working on. But I'd be willing to work on this on the side if you can get together the staff needed.

(1) Programmer
(1) 3D modeler (this guy could be what we need)
(1) Animator (I'm not sold this guy is a good animator yet, some stuff looks a bit stiff to me)

I'd have to ask @Jango if he'd be willing to release his HD Remake Music.

As for SFX I suggest we just re-use the original arcade game but with the new voice announcer as in the demo's going around.

That's it I mean, getting the parallax stuff working properly is if we stick with 2D sprite backgrounds is a thing to have to deal so I'd much prefer it to be built in pure 3D as with Unity or Unreal.

Wow you're like an MK historian. Good eye man! That's Arq Hawkin's Goro. Obviously taken from this thread. The Eyeballistic team is pretty used to this stuff happening by now. Obviously since we don't own these characters and the images we publish in this thread aren't actually owned by us there isn't too much we can do about it. Thank you though for the heads up!

The Century Project ...

the game is over....

friend they want a team that continues the project without compromise
want insane people to continue with project
read this porst from own calactyle:

These are good. I suspect he's not 3d modeling the base characters though and instead using a software like poser or DAZ3D and then adjusting the textures and materials. This isn't necessarily a deal breaker though. Assuming that this would be a sprite based HD and that I'd be doing the background environments we would need someone who is very confident in using the latest HD version of MUGEN or better yes Unity 3D/Unreal Engine.

I say (better yet) because the environments could be made entirely 3D and they would look fantastic and more like what true HD Remake of Mortal Kombat should be.

This would need to be someone who is a huge Mortal Kombat fan and is willing to take the time to match the original MK1 gameplay as best as possible. There is a bunch of heavy lifting here that the game's core programmer would need to be willing to do for free.

Reach out to this guy and see what software he animates in and works in. We already have Goro, Liu Kang, Raiden, Scorpion, Sub-zero, Reptile, (this guy has Sonya). Shang Tsung needs some work but I can probably get him from Arq Hawkin. We need someone to do Kano. There are some Kano animations floating around on the internet here from Cris but he was just learning. Since Cris is going to be working on our new project he won't have time to spend on this. So we'll probably need someone to start over with Kano. Also the Test Your Might assets are done and ready to go.

All the projectiles are pretty much done as is the title screen and ending screens. We lost MrMos3s from the project who did the fantastic endings work. I can't really focus on this project as I am more focused on the new I.P. my group is working on. But I'd be willing to work on this on the side if you can get together the staff needed.

(1) Programmer
(1) 3D modeler (this guy could be what we need)
(1) Animator (I'm not sold this guy is a good animator yet, some stuff looks a bit stiff to me)

I'd have to ask @Jango if he'd be willing to release his HD Remake Music.

As for SFX I suggest we just re-use the original arcade game but with the new voice announcer as in the demo's going around.

That's it I mean, getting the parallax stuff working properly is if we stick with 2D sprite backgrounds is a thing to have to deal so I'd much prefer it to be built in pure 3D as with Unity or Unreal.