Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

I understand the frustration with the lack of communication and I wish I could be more forthcoming about what's happening. In due time, in time you'll get the whole story.

Ok, so this leak was unexpected. I'm guessing one of the past members of our team got fed up and leaked this story. I'm not going to deny anything here and hopefully we don't get into legal trouble because of this.

https://www.dsogaming.com/articles/...or-the-hd-fan-remakes-of-mortal-kombat-1-2-3/

The silver lining and really the main take away is we're making our own game now and if you like Mortal Kombat, you'll absolutely love what we're working on. We're investor backed and I'm really excited to show you what we're doing down the line.

Pretty much what I guessed. It's a shame it's so rare for rights-holders and fans to find a way to work together to bring passion, knowledge, resources and professionalism all together under an official stamp. Though sadly I can't say I'm surprised, we've seen so many similar situations with other franchises in the past end up the same way. Good luck with your new project guys though personally my interest lies purely in MK characters and mythology and the nostalgia from my childhood (not really gaming in a general sense or discovering new projects) so I won't be following it myself.

Sound great Cal, hope we can see the new game you are cooking soon :)
1 thing I recommend is stay away from Mugen and migrate to UDK or Unity.
Those 2 engines can compile the game in multiples platforms. PS4, XboxOne, Nintendo Switch, Iphone, Android, PC, Mac, Web GL and more.
Also with Mugen nobody is going to be able to release a professional game.

Last edited:
Sound great Cal, hope we can see the new game you are cooking soon :)
1 thing I recommend is stay away from Mugen and migrate to UDK or Unity.
Those 2 engines can compile the game in multiples platforms. PS4, XboxOne, Nintendo Switch, Iphone, Android, PC, Mac, Web GL and more.
Also with Mugen nobody is going to be able to release a professional game.

Thanks man! Yes we're already on Unity. Target platforms for release are Xbox One, PS4, PC and Nintendo Switch.

Today, in a chat, a user named Sir Frank Otter helped me track down the source of Stryker's MK3 ending. It's a scene from Terminator 2.

They mirrored the image (flipped it horizontally) but it's pretty easy to tell. I switched it back for this comparison.

stryker-ending-reverse.png

t2_screenshot.png

Today, in a chat, a user named Sir Frank Otter helped me track down the source of Stryker's MK3 ending. It's a scene from Terminator 2.

They mirrored the image (flipped it horizontally) but it's pretty easy to tell. I switched it back for this comparison.

stryker-ending-reverse.png

t2_screenshot.png

Wow that's a cool find! Great to see you continuing this research, I still find this kind of stuff fascinating and hope you will continue to post.

For me the top things I really hope you find are the original statue of Shou (The Chinese God of Longevity for anyone unfamiliar with the progress so far!) used for the MK2 Wastelands, and the original reference book with the photo used for The Great Kung Lao in Kung Lao's MK2 Ending.

By the way ]{0MBAT, have you thought about putting a webpage together to list all the research you've done on identifying original sources of MK imagery? It would be really nice to have it all gathered in one place, so people don't have to look through this huge thread, and it would keep it all safe too in case this thread is closed at any point.

Wow that's a cool find! Great to see you continuing this research, I still find this kind of stuff fascinating and hope you will continue to post.

For me the top things I really hope you find are the original statue of Shou (The Chinese God of Longevity for anyone unfamiliar with the progress so far!) used for the MK2 Wastelands, and the original reference book with the photo used for The Great Kung Lao in Kung Lao's MK2 Ending.

By the way ]{0MBAT, have you thought about putting a webpage together to list all the research you've done on identifying original sources of MK imagery? It would be really nice to have it all gathered in one place, so people don't have to look through this huge thread, and it would keep it all safe too in case this thread is closed at any point.

That's a good idea! Well, I made it a thread on Twitter at any rate, check it out:
https://twitter.com/tabmok99/status/1005258732748660737

Just start there and scroll down, all the interesting stuff from here and elsewhere is in one place now.

Thanks for resources, will be useful for MUGEN creators. It's totally unplayable anyways.

you'll absolutely love what we're working on
No. Thanks. As you never finished MK1 (most compact in series), another game doesn't look promising.

It's bad, but pretty much what I expected.

Main problem was to contact for a commercial version or even permission. If was just released for free on mugen, or at least individual characters, and packs, then it wouldn't have been a problem at all, and probably you could release now after all that and still wouldn't.
And the other problem was having characters made by different people, and it really showed. Ok for free on mugen, but not for commercial on a well known franchise. Sorry about the other members, but bleed's characters were much better, by far.

Sorry about the other members, but bleed's characters were much better, by far.

I agree Bleed's works is a lot better (Kano looks too stiff and not realistic). I just played the leaked version of the game (made in gamemaker) and I have to say that I'm really impressed , love the voice , the fonts , everything. The only bad thing was the blur effect and a few bugs.

Holly Crap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhe-kvJkWQk

Is somebody from уоu guys here, who works on this project is involved in this?
The models, animations texture looks like they are taken from here..... is feel piss now? I somehow feel robbed if this material is downloaded from the forum here and presentation as theirs

I try it :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5rls9SVs7g

Real 60 fps. I found some bugs, i want maybe a bit more blood, not just to disappear on air. I fail to make Sub Zero fatality... I don't know why.. normaly i do it 10 of 10 trys but not here :D

Last edited:
Yeah someone leaked our early demo. It was highly unfinished.

Still looking forward to your new project Cal.

Holly Crap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhe-kvJkWQk

Is somebody from уоu guys here, who works on this project is involved in this?
The models, animations texture looks like they are taken from here..... is feel piss now? I somehow feel robbed if this material is downloaded from the forum here and presentation as theirs

I try it :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5rls9SVs7g

Real 60 fps. I found some bugs, i want maybe a bit more blood, not just to disappear on air. I fail to make Sub Zero fatality... I don't know why.. normaly i do it 10 of 10 trys but not here :D

Hey guys!! I'm new around here! I'm very impressed by your work, this is pure genius!! Can someone share the final work of the character selection screen, please? I couldn't find the image with the Sonya update. Thanks

Yeah someone leaked our early demo. It was highly unfinished.

Ah, on one hand, it's good because we can see how amazing can be this game but on another hand, it's sad because all the work that invested here ... other people gather their applause like some shitheads like " Team Eyeballistic " .. who da F are they ?

Last edited: