Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Hey Ninja_arts,

Is this sanctioned by NRS and WB? Will this encyclopedia be sold? Was this a kickstarter or indie gogo? Is this hardcover or digital distribution only? Did Shawn Kittelsen officially join this project? How are you paying him? Do you have a publisher? PM me and we can talk about this privately via email if you prefer.

Hey Ninja_arts,

Is this sanctioned by NRS and WB? Will this encyclopedia be sold? Was this a kickstarter or indie gogo? Is this hardcover or digital distribution only? Did Shawn Kittelsen officially join this project? How are you paying him? Do you have a publisher? PM me and we can talk about this privately via email if you prefer.

Hey Calctyte,

My apologies, I had been rather busy and had completely missed this. I can answer those questions here -

Is this sanctioned by NRS and WB? No. Not currently, however they are watching and reviewing our content.
Will the encyclopedia be sold? The hope is that once it is picked up, it will be. However, the reason we are asking for permission is because we as a fan made item, would like to incorporate some of the beautiful stuff you guys have made in our project (With credit given, of course.)
Was this a kickstarter or indiegogo? No. We did not take or ask for any type of funding or money for our project.
The book is currently hardcover and soft in our prototypes, and we show off new stuff digital when we can, while sitting on some of the cooler stuff.
Shawn Kittelsen is a big supporter of the project and would like to write / co write it. He is not currently involved.
We have contacts at DK Publishing, Prima Games and Insight Editions all with interest. It's WB that's holding things up atm.

Isn't it possible to make a sprite game in Unreal? The problem really is that the engine is hell hard to learn:(
But wait. All sprites here are actually renders of 3D models. So, realistic models of MK1 characters exist, and even animations are already made. What if you take the models and make MKHD based on 3D like MK9 or MKX?

Not sure about Unreal, but as of now, creator of MK Outworld (previously one of many Mugen projects) seems to be doing fine in Unity 3D environment.

Not sure about Unreal, but as of now, creator of MK Outworld (previously one of many Mugen projects) seems to be doing fine in Unity 3D environment.
[MENTION=13881]Black Shroud[/MENTION]

How do you know they are using Unity 3D? Can you please link to their project in a youtube video so I can see what they've been able to achieve in Unity?

Wow thanks so much for the info. I'll email him to see if he is interested in collaborating with our project. His work is really good.

It seems it's the guy you were looking for! I really hope all you can work together

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Finally someone made a port to unity! In the early state of MKHD y made some stages in unity. like 5 years ago.

gl_alpha_wip.png

WSa_wip_1.png

pit3_a.png

they where made to work in real time.

Last edited:
I think those stages are from this project, except the last one. I haven't seen it before

Edit: nevermind, I'm wrong. I didn't understand what you meant

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

You should learn Unity instead of such manipulations. Thiago already busy with MKOW project and it looks perspective. Or Black Shroud may help with coding probably. He's well-known IKEMEN developer.

Hello guys :) Long time i do not write here . So what is going on ? Still we cant release beta for testing or .. something !?
I cant belive that .. 6 years are gone so fast :D and i'm still following this project .

Last edited:
Hello guys :) Long time i do not write here . So what is going on ? Still we cant release beta for testing or .. something !?
I cant belive that .. 6 years are gone so fast :D and i'm still following this project .

We're still working on characters, lots to be done yet sorry I can't provide more information at this time.

Wouldn't Unity also theoretically add online multiplayer support? As far as I know it's also written in C#, so should it could be easy to learn.

theoretically add online multiplayer support?
It's possible obviously. And several games on Unity include multiplayer.
I checked MK project on C# with network support.

can't provide more information at this time
5 years later..
"Excellent progress, but we can't show anything."

Wouldn't Unity also theoretically add online multiplayer support? As far as I know it's also written in C#, so should it could be easy to learn.

Yeah, Unity is just like Unreal both are engines that you can do anything with. Multiplayer is just a detail to add in such engines.

Well, it's not written in C# but it uses either C# or Java for the game logic.

Yeah, Unity is just like Unreal both are engines that you can do anything with. Multiplayer is just a detail to add in such engines.

Well, it's not written in C# but it uses either C# or Java for the game logic.
Makes sense. I only used Unity a few times so wasn't sure.

It's possible obviously. And several games on Unity include multiplayer.
I checked MK project on C# with network support.

5 years later..
"Excellent progress, but we can't show anything."
Calm down man, you're being ridiculously negative.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 mediante Tapatalk

Nah, you're quite wrong. I just expressed some concerns about progress.
MK1 isn't really large or complicated game.

Nah, you're quite wrong. I just expressed some concerns about progress.
MK1 isn't really large or complicated game.
Well you don't have to concern at all. It's their project, and they'll take all the time they need.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 mediante Tapatalk