Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

I still think the shoulder looks flat.
Again, I can't notice a single difference between the two.
If I had Photoshop at hand I'd compare them properly but I can't ATM.

The 1st one has red earrings and red lipstick whereas the 2nd one doesn't have earrings nor lipstick.
I prefer the 1st one. I notice some little things to enhance (shoulders, belt and brief), I'll do an animated gif tomorrow :)

Also Chris, could you post a close up on Sonya's face (a front view for exemple), this way, we will be able to see if modifications are needed on her face. Maybe you should also post a front and a rear view of her whole body, it will be more easy to notice modifications.

Great works by the way :)

The 1st one has red earrings and red lipstick whereas the 2nd one doesn't have earrings nor lipstick.
Well, that figures why I couldn't notice anything. :)
I was hardly looking at her face, which I think looks pretty good already.

I prefer the 1st one. I notice some little things to enhance (shoulders, belt and brief), I'll do an animated gif tomorrow :)

Also Chris, could you post a close up on Sonya's face (a front view for exemple), this way, we will be able to see if modifications are needed on her face. Maybe you should also post a front and a rear view of her whole body, it will be more easy to notice modifications.

Great works by the way :)

Ha, Ha, Ha ... congratulations you've found the difference between the two Sonyas.
I was really just messing with everyone.
wait photoshop gif.

You can try ending the flip with the first frame of the uppercut, or where they blend in the game.

Try making a Gif with it in Photoshop, and if it looks fine leave it. If it jumps too much, render the uppercut animation again after the flip.

It'll look better if you render a new uppercut with some slight adjustments to go with the flip, instead of using separate animations.

I dont need a button to ignore retardation.

I think I'll share this here. Since some ppl here ask me for links to awesome projects that aren't released...
I'll post the link here for them. and since TRMK is too busy to FRONTPAGE THIS>......

"Ok guys. Here is the official release for Ultimate Mortal Kombat 2. It is being released in IPS as a patch. Here is the patch, instructions on how to install it and a .pdf of ALL the changes from revision 3.1. Any questions, feel free to ask and most importantly...report back on what you think and if you come across any bugs or problems!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8eb5apa5x4ayxz7/MK2+5.0.zip "

the mk community is bigger then mugen, fan games, trmk forums, etc.

P.S. MKTX is a great mugen project. MUGEN TEAM POWERS ACTIVATE!

bleed now is more close to original, keep on rocking , i think thar is better add white gloving eyes.

I dont need a button to ignore retardation.

I think I'll share this here. Since some ppl here ask me for links to awesome projects that aren't released...
I'll post the link here for them. and since TRMK is too busy to FRONTPAGE THIS>......

"Ok guys. Here is the official release for Ultimate Mortal Kombat 2. It is being released in IPS as a patch. Here is the patch, instructions on how to install it and a .pdf of ALL the changes from revision 3.1. Any questions, feel free to ask and most importantly...report back on what you think and if you come across any bugs or problems!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8eb5apa5x4ayxz7/MK2+5.0.zip "

the mk community is bigger then mugen, fan games, trmk forums, etc.

P.S. MKTX is a great mugen project. MUGEN TEAM POWERS ACTIVATE!

offcourse you don´t need it, cause you are the button.
mugen is really very aside of mk comunity. In really the concept of globalization in this sense is not working. if not with this criterion, it is means that mugen engine based on SF games belong to mk comunity too XD. Mk mugen is part of mugen comunity. In examples like, fans games just terrordrome, its belong of fighter maker comunity. You want globalize all this, and it is not depend of you, sorry genious, but is the
f-u-cking true.

ps:imo this umk2 tournament made by fans, is more mk comunity than the whole mugen comunity, cause those dudes are working with original engine from midway................. so think very close on it, genious.

Last edited:
Great work bleed, Is possible also render a mask for scorpion? I mean white for scorpion and black for the background and also the render of only the background?

Or render Scorpion and for separate the background? will be easy retouch the colors having background and character for separate.

At less a mask for scorpion will be enough I guess.

I can composite them in After Effect And retouch the colors and brightens that is hard to set on renders.

Last edited:

That's it for this one, moving on to Sub-Zero.
Sorry that I just saw this, but but for whatever it's worth, the whole thing looks totally unnatural to me.

For whoever doesn't have the original at hand, here it is.

biot2_zps52448744.gif~original

Now, the first punch looks too smooth and like in slow motion and then the pose is held for too long, almost like the whole motion is a pose and not a hit. Then, the way the fingers straighten -before- the punch recedes is also strange. I'd expect the fist to remain closed until at least the second half of the motion of it going back.

Then, the right hands waits for far too long before doing the chop, breaking the flow of the whole thing.
It's meant to be a constant one-two-three-four and it's a bit like oooone, ... two, three, four.

And the thing in the fourth "beat" of the animation is supposed to be a straight forward, probably waist-high, kick with the right leg.
If you look closely, you'll see some yellow from the belt rising in the lower left corner of the frame, and the right elbow whipping upwards and a bit to his front when the leg peaks.
During the peak, and going into the final frame, the body is supposed to bend backwards at the waist for balance, arching a bit forward at the sternum.
Notice how in the original, the left (furthermost) elbow appears lower than the other one, which is inverted in yours.

Then, in the final pose the face should be aimed dead at the camera, with the eyes peering sideways, probably at his foot or a little above it.
Then the hands shouldn't be in this relaxed, palms forward pose at the end.
It's supposed to be a clutching pose, with the wrists straight and not bent backwards, the fingers all arched, and the palms almost facing each other.
Think the kind of pose Raiden does when he creates electrical arches between them, or maybe a hand grabbing a cantaloupe.

I know this is one of those posts you'll hate, but I hope this helps whenever you feel like getting another go at Scorpion.

Last edited:
And here's the one for Cris Berserk.
Note that the idea is to make the arm curvier, not just thinner.
The shoulders should appear distinctly as oval shapes.

Sonya_zpsbcd47ba8.gif~original

Last edited:
Sorry that I just saw this, but but for whatever it's worth, the whole thing looks totally unnatural to me.

Now, the first punch looks too smooth and like in slow motion and then the pose is held for too long, almost like the whole motion is a pose and not a hit. Then, the way the fingers straighten -before- the punch recedes is also strange. I'd expect the fist to remain closed until at least the second half of the motion of it going back.

Then, the right hands waits for far too long before doing the chop, breaking the flow of the whole thing.
It's meant to be a constant one-two-three-four and it's a bit like oooone, ... two, three, four.

And the thing in the fourth "beat" of the animation is supposed to be a straight forward, probably waist-high, kick with the right leg.
If you look closely, you'll see some yellow from the belt rising in the lower left corner of the frame, and the right elbow whipping upwards and a bit to his front when the leg peaks.
During the peak, and going into the final frame, the body is supposed to bend backwards at the waist for balance, arching a bit forward at the sternum.
Notice how in the original, the left (furthermost) elbow appears lower than the other one, which is inverted in yours.

Then, in the final pose the face should be aimed dead at the camera, with the eyes peering sideways, probably at his foot or a little above it.
It's supposed to be a clutching pose, with the wrists straight and not bent backwards, the fingers all arched, and the palms almost facing each other.
Think the kind of pose Raiden does when he creates electrical arches between them, or maybe a hand grabbing a cantaloupe.

I know this is one of those posts you'll hate, but I hope this helps whenever you feel like getting another go at Scorpion.

All Bleed needs to do is shake the camera a bit, add some contrast and it would look identical to the gif

I just don't want to mess with it anymore because it took 3 days to render that animation and I was tired of waiting.

I don't think he's doing a kick on the last pose, doesn't feel right if I act it out.

Anybody know if he's doing a real Wushu form and if so, which one?

Last edited:
I think we can edit it in After effect if we get :

1. A render of 1 frame of the background without scorpion in the front with a high view angle.
2. A mask of scorpion in white to can remove him from the actual video.

With this 2 things we can re-composite it, make more bright the background lights, shake the animation and what ever we want.

Bleed, can you render scorpion in full white with black BG and render the first frame of only the background without scorpion with with a bit more of view angle?

Last edited:
One frame is no good because the camera is moving, and the background needs to move with it. I'll try to fix the animation and render a mask next time.

Bleed, I can try to track the movement of the sprites and animate the translation of the background. I can move scorpion with the mask later. And control the lighting of the background and scorpion for separate, also can add a fake shadow in the background deforming and turning to black the scorpion animation.

Is all in my head but we have to see how it looks in the final composition

Hi Cris Berserk, I agree with uKER about the arm/shoulder.
Here are some other little things I noticed:

sonya_zps9d314f78.gif

1- About the fists: the heads of metacarpus should be on a more curvy line

2- About the waist/belt and brief: The waist (but not her hips) is a little thinner, the belt must be more tight (look at the red arrows) and the brief is slightly more high cut (the side are fully hidden under the belt, look at the red circle). Maybe the folds on the belt should be more horizontal (blue lines on the picture)

3- Maybe some modifications are needed on the jaw (not sure about this) and the wrinkles near the mouth should be slightly (very slightly) softened.

4- About the shoulders and arms: what uKER said is good :)

Sonya is on a good way ;)

uKER has a great eye for these things. It is actually really impressive to me. I'm having trouble seeing the smoothness of the one two three four but I agree that the face should end up facing the camera and that the hands don't look positioned properly. I like the holding a cantaloupe metaphor that uKER used. I'm also having trouble picking up the waste bend for balance thing. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist, just that to a laymen, it probably isn't immediately visible. I know it take 3 days to render but I think if you fix those things you'll be close enough to call it done. Also if you can render just the outfit yellow and perhaps the camera shake/movement without scorp I think the rest can be fixed or composited in After Effects.

EDIT: Looked at it again and, yeah the ending pose is really off. His front facing shoulder should end up higher then his back facing shoulder. You've got it the other way around in your version. Also his chest appears to be facing in the wrong angle. Look at the shapes his vest creates in the final pose compared to your version.

Last edited: