Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

can I do this bleed? I mean, add that flash to simulate the light coming from the fireball? is there any problem with the palettes if I do it?

Theotherguy, really am i a terrorist? i wish bleed ´s ruin? only i have said (i wanna say) in my previous posts,"do this if is necessary"
if wb sent to jail or make a fine/mulct to mk hd remix team, I doubt that wb will have a good image then , specially if it is public and much worse if this case goes to the press. think about it...... in really is an oportunity. anyway I lost respect to wb years ago, specially with terrordrome incident ( extreme capitalist corporation of shit). Like always happen, a giant large corporation makes shits against fans gruop.
The U.S. state will spend resources and money against a few fans making art? really? jail?community work? many ppl are in cold and shivering

--------------------------------------

excelent arq.

Last edited:
fb_zps77c8c1d8.gif
That looks nice, arq.

Something that doesn't look right though is that it looks as if the arms come up straight right from behind him.
I'd say it should look like he forms the fireball behind him, takes it while his hands stay close to his body, raising it up to the point where he is holding the fireball some 15 cm in front of his chin.
Then the arms should straighten, which should imprint motion onto the fireball.
Also, it's only during that arm-straightening motion that the knee goes up.
ie, the both feet stay planted until the moment when the fireball is in front of his face.

The lights are looking beautiful. Hope you can keep those.

Last edited:

can I do this bleed? I mean, add that flash to simulate the light coming from the fireball? is there any problem with the palettes if I do it?

even tho its not in its final render it looks awesome already.

you are God bro.

Keep the light, especially now since we aren't really trying to imitate the original perfectly anymore, it looks great with the light.

even tho its not in its final render it looks awesome already.

you are God bro.

Keep the light, especially now since we aren't really trying to imitate the original perfectly anymore, it looks great with the light.

For the record, no one said that. We are absolutely trying to imitate the art of the original.

Arq_hawkin doesn't only keep the ball rolling, instead he shoots it right into the goal! :cool:
Very well done man, I like it very much already! I f I am nitpicky, then I'd say the arms could be a bit higher at the moment when he shoots the firebeam out of his hands, more at the height and in front of his face, but I'm not too sure about that and it's probably neglegible. Overall, this is an instant success!

The flash will cause problems because it won't match the palette. What you can do is put a temporary material on the character model. Set it to black 100% self lit, so all you see is a silhouette, and try rendering with the light like that.

What you need to end up with, is light information on top of a black background. shading from the light on the model is fine, you just can't see the actual model's textures.

You need two separate animations, one of the character doing the motion, and another one of the light effect.
In the code I can overlay them like with Photoshop layers.

If using MentalRay, you have a couple of options for changing the materials to black.

One is to use the override material in the Rendering menu, processing section. Enable that option, make a black shader and put it in there.

Another option is to use the Shell Material, this one gives you an option for switching which material renders in the viewport and which one is used for the final renders.

That Shell material helps a lot with viewport frame rate. Set a cheap material to show in the viewport and a complicated one for the renders.

but what if I just make the palette taking those colors into account, I mean, when making the palette you told me to add a bunch of sprites from different animations.... I can create a photoshop file and start adding at least 3 sprites from every animation and than add every sprite that is affected by the light that way those bright color are part of the palette even though are used just when he uses that special move... I think that can work... if it doesn't I just won't add that light.... it just too much trouble... life should be simple :p

Don't add glow effects like that to your main palette, you lose too many colors.

Spreading them out too much like that makes the shading worse, because you won't have as many tones to work with. Keep the lighting separate, you don't need a palette for it, and it'll look better in the end.

Separating the color palette in to sections for different parts of the costume is important, lighting effects are usually not. Lighting effects from something like a fireball don't need a palette, you layer them on top in the game.

If you have glowing eyes like Raiden, that is something you would add on the main palette. It's something that is always there, doesn't take up a lot of space and can be used to change color.

Last edited:
Looks pretty good!
There's something a little clunky in the way the hands transition from the raising motion to the arms extending.
Maybe it's not as fluid as I'd expect it, but I'm not sure about it, so I'll just congratulate you for one more great animation. :)

That said, watch out for some cloth artifacts in the knee.

EDIT: Something I do notice is that the torso should be more arched backwards to compensate for the weight of the arm. Notice how in the original the rearmost part of the back is further behind the knee. The back is supposed to be convex, not concave.

105_zpsa81d50cb.gif~original

Last edited:
Good one on the knee too.
However, part of it is probably the arms being too high due to the body not being arched as much as it should.

Great Work ARQ, really your animation skills level up a lot! How many animations are you missing?

Cal, just for fun, will be cool you try to make a MK2 or MK3 Stage :)

Great Work ARQ, really your animation skills level up a lot! How many animations are you missing?

Cal, just for fun, will be cool you try to make a MK2 or MK3 Stage :)

thanks, bro... I thinking I'm missing 5 or 6 animations.. must of them are gettings hit and stuff... simple

Wow. I get distracted for a bit and all this happens. Damn.

A little late to the party, I realize, but the news about being basically shut down is a bummer, though not at all surprising. WB wants to keep TOTAL control of the IP they purchased. Ours was going to be really close and suddenly we were potentially competing with them, should they want to make MK1HD. Still sucks though.

I suppose all the music I've made has been good practice though. I know it's helped get me a few jobs on tiny indie games. Maybe I should just post up a zip folder with all the music I've done so peeps can do with it what they want, if anything.

Personally, I really like the idea of the main guys who've worked on this game making an original indie fighting game. God knows that there's a lot of fighting game knowledge that could be put to good use. Plus it would give me the opportunity to make some bangin' new tunes! ;)

Oh BTW, I've changed my username from Justin Slaughter to this new one. Don't want any confusion. :)

Also, thanks Bleed for taking care of pulling down the site. I feel bad that you had to do it since I was (badly) maintaining it.

Last edited:
Wow. I get distracted for a bit and all this happens. Damn.

A little late to the party, I realize, but the news about being basically shut down is a bummer, though not at all surprising. WB wants to keep TOTAL control of the IP they purchased. Ours was going to be really close and suddenly we were potentially competing with them, should they want to make MK1HD. Still sucks though.

I suppose all the music I've made has been good practice though. I know it's helped get me a few jobs on tiny indie games. Maybe I should just post up a zip folder with all the music I've done so peeps can do with it what they want, if anything.

Personally, I really like the idea of the main guys who've worked on this game making an original indie fighting game. God knows that there's a lot of fighting game knowledge that could be put to good use. Plus it would give me the opportunity to make some bangin' new tunes! ;)

Oh BTW, I've changed my username from Justin Slaughter to this new one. Don't want any confusion. :)

Also, thanks Bleed for taking care of pulling down the site. I feel bad that you had to do it since I was (badly) maintaining it.

Your music was superb, very well composed and remixed with great love added to it. But if I were you, I would NEVER give away ALL those talented tracks you've made, (especially) freely to the public.