Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Cool cool. I've actually tried to repaint the sprites from part one, and assemble them in Flash. All I had completed was a walk cycle and stance. Honeslty, if Flash can be used it may not be that hard to get the HD look. Only thing tho is that it looks lifeless, but that is more likely because of how I did it.

Stance: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/060/f/4/sub_stance_by_sankart-d3apfl1.swf

Walk: (Used a custom design for this one)http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/062/e/2/sub_walk_by_sankart-d3as80w.swf

Great work! I actually only have Klssic Ninja models, and the other characters in MKvsDC and MK9 form. Would you be able to do some of the MK1 characters, (Liu Kang, Kano, Sonya, Raiden)? I think for now it would be best to focus mainly on MK1 before anything else.

Its nice to see so many people want to help out on this project!

Thanks. Yeah, can definitely model those guys. And their design were pretty simple too, so achieving a fairly realistic look should not be too hard.

Cool cool. I've actually tried to repaint the sprites from part one, and assemble them in Flash. All I had completed was a walk cycle and stance. Honeslty, if Flash can be used it may not be that hard to get the HD look. Only thing tho is that it looks lifeless, but that is more likely because of how I did it.

Stance: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/060/f/4/sub_stance_by_sankart-d3apfl1.swf

Walk: (Used a custom design for this one)http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/062/e/2/sub_walk_by_sankart-d3as80w.swf

I've seen your work before here on TRMK. Its pretty good. This weekend I will do some Scorpion sprites, using the Klassic skin from MK9. I will upload them when ready.

I've seen your work before here on TRMK. Its pretty good. This weekend I will do some Scorpion sprites, using the Klassic skin from MK9. I will upload them when ready.

haha Thanks. Yeah, tried to get a project going but could never see it through. School kept getting in the way.

Cool, very interested in seeing it.

png is the best option

So are we doing this? If so I will start modeling next week, probably around Tuesday. Have one last day of school then I'm out of that crap hole.

So I'll go ahead and do a Goro. Any suggestions on design will be appreciated. Will heavily base it of the original clay model.

Guessing that we should keep updates here?

Cool. What aplications do you use?
A friend of mine use Maya and some of ZBrush

Yes, we should keep this thread updated with the work in progress.

Last edited:
So are we doing this? If so I will start modeling next week, probably around Tuesday. Have one last day of school then I'm out of that crap hole.

So I'll go ahead and do a Goro. Any suggestions on design will be appreciated. Will heavily base it of the original clay model.

Guessing that we should keep updates here?

Yeah, we should keep updates here. And, yes, since we are remaking MK1, a model based on his original look would work best.

Cool. What aplications do you use?
A friend of mine use Maya and some of ZBrush

Yes, we should keep this thread updated with the work in progress.

I use both also. Absolutely love these programs.

And very cool. Should have at least a concept art next week. I'm pretty excited guys, been wanting to do this for a while.

Yeah, we should keep updates here. And, yes, since we are remaking MK1, a model based on his original look would work best.

Cool cool. My favorite version of him anyways. MK9 is my second. Something about his face tho in the new one bothers me. But his first clay model, crap thats awesome. Maybe because of nostalgia is why I love it so much, but there is also something not very human about it as oppose to the newer designs. To me, anyways.

Well, I got some Sub-Zero and Scorpion sprites done. Mainly Scorpion's stance, victory pose, and Sub-Zero's Ice Slide. Here is what I have:

Originals:
s01.gif
s02.gif

HD Sprites:
View attachment 1775View attachment 1776

Now, the poses for these two are final, but the files I attached are not. The final images of these sprites will probably be in higher resolution, with no background. They will also be in bulk, so they will be in archives (for example .RAR files). Any feedback would be appreciated.

Be super careful. Sega pulled the Streets of Rage Remake game I was working on about a week after release.

Warner Bros. will likely do the same.

Be super careful. Sega pulled the Streets of Rage Remake game I was working on about a week after release.

Oh, sorry to hear about it being pulled. Thanks for the advice, though.

All sound great! Im Maya user, i use it everyday in my job (game developer ;) )

Also im making a 3D fighting game engine. A good new MK made by fans will be great!

flawless31490, i checked this forum and the user you said, he have more that 5000 posts! i cheched the first 1000 post and i couldn't find it. do you have a direct link?

All sound great! Im Maya user, i use it everyday in my job (game developer ;) )

Also im making a 3D fighting game engine. A good new MK made by fans will be great!

flawless31490, i checked this forum and the user you said, he have more that 5000 posts! i cheched the first 1000 post and i couldn't find it. do you have a direct link?

Thats super cool. I'm hoping to break into the gaming industry someday, but right now working on getting into the movies. Crossing fingers, but hopefully something soon will work out.

Holy crap, I think I read about that. I don't get it tho, you're not making money off it, so why the legal trouble? And I remember that Square had a put a stop to a 3d remake of Crono Trigger. Was looking forward to that one as well. Are companies just afraid that the fans will make them look inferior? I think its a great way of fans showing their appreciate for the games.

Holy crap, I think I read about that. I don't get it tho, you're not making money off it, so why the legal trouble? And I remember that Square had a put a stop to a 3d remake of Crono Trigger. Was looking forward to that one as well. Are companies just afraid that the fans will make them look inferior? I think its a great way of fans showing their appreciate for the games.

I cannot agree enough.