I'm punched in the head

pagnack82

Hello, i'm new, and i'm punched in the head.
Yes, people jump diagonally and can break my block with a punch in the head, and start a juggle. is this normal? I tried in offline trining and this is not possible, is a cheat? I'm are really angry about that, everyone does it and I can't

Well, welcome to the Forums. Please enjoy what the mods here offer. As for your actual question, I believe it's called an overhead attack. If you're doing a standing block, it goes over it.Honestly, I don't know how to do one, but I'm pretty sure that's what it's called and what it does. Hope I can help.

Hello Pagnack82.

If i'm not mistaken, you are probably talking about a neutral punch? These are DEVESTATING if used in a corner and you CANNOT BLOCK THEM LOW, even if you are ducking. You have to be standing and blocking.

A neutral punch is where the player just jumps straight up and down. You cannot break someones block and start a juggle with a jp that is going forward in the air.

Thanks for the quick responses.
Well, I am in a permanent block in standing position, opponents jump behind me and can break my block status with a normal punch and start a combo. Offline any type of "fly" attack is blocked in a standing position. For example, no one use a kick, kicks can't break a block, everyone use a normal punch.

Kicks knock the player down, and are considered safer, however a jumping punch can start a combo.

Maybe it depends on the character. I know Sindel and QuanChi have punch attacks that attack low in a string. Maybe you're being nailed by stuff like that? Otherwise, perhaps your block button is not working properly?

I didn't think that my block button doesn't work, I'd noticed during a normal combo! however, to make an example, this trap is used so much to those who use skorpion, after the 3 punches combo blocked, they can jump back and hit you, and restart the juggle. I'm increasingly convinced that it is a cheat, because otherwise no one would jump behind an opponents constantly banging punches.

Hello, i'm new, and i'm punched in the head.
Yes, people jump diagonally and can break my block with a punch in the head, and start a juggle. is this normal? I tried in offline trining and this is not possible, is a cheat? I'm are really angry about that, everyone does it and I can't

Just as Flagg stated, jump punches can only be blocked with a standing block. Overheads or "medium" attacks will break a crouching block. Go into training mode, set the AI to crouch block and start jump punching him. You will plainly see that all jump punches are "medium" attacks and that the crouch block is ineffective.

"Start a juggle" can be interpreted in different ways. Neutral jump punches (straight up and down) that hit act as launchers, bouncing you into the ground and back into the air. This is one way to start a juggle.

The other way is by landing the diagonal (side to side) or crossover (over your head) jump punch which can then be linked into a string combo which may then also begin a juggle, depending on the string.

These are MK basics that need to be understood and mastered.

...after the 3 punches combo blocked, they can jump back and hit you, and restart the juggle...

This doesn't even make sense. You say the combo is blocked, but then it's restarted? How can something be restarted when it was blocked to begin with?

Last edited:
I think he is talking about something I myself have had a small problem with recently and posted in the "Basic Defence" sticky thread.

I'm 90% sure he is talking about the jp, string, jump over the other side, repeat, "trap" that some players do. It's a type of pressure that confounds people not used to it.

I think he is talking about something I myself have had a small problem with recently and posted in the "Basic Defence" sticky thread.

I'm 90% sure he is talking about the jp, string, jump over the other side, repeat, "trap" that some players do. It's a type of pressure that confounds people not used to it.
Exactly, and the problem simply is that people can hit me when i'm blocking in standing position, jumping behind me.

Exactly, and the problem simply is that people can hit me when i'm blocking in standing position, jumping behind me.

no, they cant.

their crossover JiPing you,its not a cheat.. although it can get quite annoying when they constantly go for it.
you are either, ducking when they jump over you, (which causes the medium overhead jumpinpunch to catch you while crouch block)
or your letting go of block too early to a: counter the initial jip, or b: to punish his block strings.

edit< there are chars that can jump in punch to low hit combo, (medium low) which can be very hard if not impossible to block.
quan chi can go jip(med),high,low, (f+1,2)

or jip(med),low,med (b+3,1+2)

so to defend that you would have to standblock,crouchblock,standblock..

hope you understand it.

dashing back and forth will help screw up your opponent's timing of jips

Last edited:
ok, I'm going to revive this thread, because pagnack may have been onto something and we all doubted him.

I was training with Ermac today, and randomly while practicing up close mix-ups, I did a crossover punch and I hit the computer...

I had the computer to set ALWAYS block while standing. So I tried to recreate this and was only able to get the punch to break through the standing block like 3 times out of a 40 minute session of spam.

Then my offline training partner swears up and down he's been hit out of his standing block a few times but waved it off as maybe his controller messed up. I thought he might've hit down too early to stop my low starter.

Anyways case in point...

There are only 3 reasons I can think of that might cause this.

1.) The blocking does not cover the character's ENTIRE (upper)body. There might be some place where the block isn't protecting the hurtbox(up high).

2.) The system is randomly making the character in a crouching state at random times, much like sometimes when people duck subzero's freeze ball it'll hit them anyways. (That itself might be a freeze hitbox error, maybe it changes sizes?)

3.) Maybe some stance specific error?

I've experienced this once before as Jade, when I wanted to see if her upward return EX range would hit overhead. It doesn't. But when I was practicing at some point against crouch blocking, I hit the dummy out of block with return range, but I wasn't able to recreate it.

So... OP you might be onto something.

EDIT:

Yo nevermind I was able to figure it out.

If you hurt the dummy in training mode all the way til just before he dies to 1 crossover jump punch. Then crossover jump punch. I think the training mode read the dummy as dead, thus allowing me to break it.

So me testing in training mode is a bust.

But that still leaves my friend who swears up and down he gets hit out of his standing block occasionally.

Last edited: